+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 33 to 40 of 40

  1. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Does God Make Us Moral?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorkin61 View Post
    Some people consider that inferior in some ways. I certainly don't. Not their culture or the people. They are very smart and fast. The Japanese work ethic would scare some people. Some people can't deal with it. They have longevity and are very developed as a people, Asians.

    Soprano's, you have to appreciate NJ Italian culture. It is highly realistic in its portrayal of Italians and their culture. The plot is amazing it threads like one big movie even though it lasted 7 years. Its fairly seamless from beginning to end. The only mistake in my opinon they dumped this series way to early. It had a solid following. They still get full retail for the DVD's and they still sell really well. The crime part I don't know. It's kind of mysterious that part of the culture. There are some references to well known figures. Patriotic in some of its theme. That dosen't fail the series though even that is realistic. Believe it or not. Everyone loved Goodfellows. This is as good as Goodfellows however you get 7 years of it. Thats a lot of one hour episodes.
    OK i just looked it up!? the 'crime' aspect is what gave me the no go!? seen many movies about 'it' prolly less humorous/normal!? after 'godfather' series and 'the octopus' on PBS i feel i have a pretty good take on the MOB as it's called but have never actually encountered it in real life YET!? i'm too lo on the totem pole, a slide under the radar/jump in the bushes type when possible!? but i also have come to the conclusion that the MAFIA WAY is the DEFAULT alternative to the CHURCH way!? it's just WHAT HAPPENS you might say!?

    oriental history is older and more interesting than the NEW WORLD!? NINJAS and SAMURAI and MYSTICS and SHAMAN and TAO!? and shintoism which i realize i know little or nothing about!? love jap anime though!? :::spin2:
    Last edited by lexx; 01-26-2013 at 11:07 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  2. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    63

    Re: Does God Make Us Moral?

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    OK i just looked it up!? the 'crime' aspect is what gave me the no go!? seen many movies about 'it' prolly less humorous/normal!? after 'godfather' series and 'the octopus' on PBS i feel i have a pretty good take on the MOB as it's called but have never actually encountered it in real life YET!? i'm too lo on the totem pole, a slide under the radar/jump in the bushes type when possible!? but i also have come to the conclusion that the MAFIA WAY is the DEFAULT alternative to the CHURCH way!? it's just WHAT HAPPENS you might say!?

    oriental history is older and more interesting than the NEW WORLD!? NINJAS and SAMURAI and MYSTICS and SHAMAN and TAO!? and shintoism which i realize i know little or nothing about!? love jap anime though!? :::spin2:
    They tried that mob thingy with the Japanese and the Russians. To me that will never work out. Especially in Japan. PBS is interesting with its documentries of course. However I find myself seeking the excitement of a movie. Mob is more folklore than anything in my opinion. One might be considered legitimate and particpate in crime at the same time. No. That culture is very patriarchal sometimes violent in that sense. I appreciated it more for that than it being quote the mob unquote. They deal in a patriachal sense with one another. Outsiders not nessesarly welcome. Its really almost totally a male thing. A place where a guy can get in touch with himself and feel comfortable. It dosen't nessesarly lend itself to "church" however that is part of it. They have their own patriarchal code however that goes for women and what they particpate in. Church is seen as more of a womans domain. Which is interesting.

  3. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    63

    Re: Does God Make Us Moral?

    testing

  4. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    63

    Re: Does God Make Us Moral?

    I don't think there is anything like a God. One might say I am an athiest. Sorry, not going to be pigeon holed by someone that doesn't know or understand. For those that do understand or know its simple enough to declare solidity and know that what exsists in real form is there. There is no real reason for conflict.

    Religions love to declare what is real invisible and sit and ponder the invisible. Their God is invisible so is evil. They feel the need to defend mankind from the evil. When in fact in the case of sex its their ownselves. In many cases their own heads they are attacking lol. Kind of like a beast chasing its own tail. Who's not going to get enjoyment from that? I am not out to save the world from religion. In fact I find it amusing in a lot of ways. I'm sure many others find it amusing to. Christians other religions know that in the end their God is surely going to get us. With no explanation as to why he isn't getting us now.

  5. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Does God Make Us Moral?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorkin61 View Post
    They tried that mob thingy with the Japanese and the Russians. To me that will never work out. Especially in Japan. PBS is interesting with its documentries of course. However I find myself seeking the excitement of a movie. Mob is more folklore than anything in my opinion. One might be considered legitimate and particpate in crime at the same time. No. That culture is very patriarchal sometimes violent in that sense. I appreciated it more for that than it being quote the mob unquote. They deal in a patriachal sense with one another. Outsiders not nessesarly welcome. Its really almost totally a male thing. A place where a guy can get in touch with himself and feel comfortable. It dosen't nessesarly lend itself to "church" however that is part of it. They have their own patriarchal code however that goes for women and what they particpate in. Church is seen as more of a womans domain. Which is interesting.
    well, you've touched on the jist of mankind's heritage you might say with the term patriarchal!? god the father the myth, the godfather the reality!? can anyone say for CERTAIN how they CHOSE WHO they are!? human's are born MIMICS just like the lesser mammal creatures!? bloodlines as they are called account for the makeup of the classes!? how does 1 escape THAT fate so to speak!? genetics is an amazing science and may eventually offer us a SECOND choice from our birth line!? and may also offer test tube created perfection!? knowledge can be a BAD thing as well as good!? imagine the man who realizes the chance for imortality/longevity in perfection DENIED him cause it aint invented yet!? imagine also his RUTHLESS drive to speed up the cause of INVENTION/PROGRESS in this regard!? certainly i see the seeds of this knowledge having this effect already!? who is best situated to orchestrate such a progressive endeavor!? maybe the ARISTOCRACY!? maybe the NEW aristocracy!? the new moral code of ECONOMICS based solely on the TANGIBLE!? judges:::crazy1::
    Last edited by lexx; 01-27-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  6. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Does God Make Us Moral?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorkin61 View Post

    Soprano's, you have to appreciate NJ Italian culture. It is highly realistic in its portrayal of Italians and their culture. The plot is amazing it threads like one big movie even though it lasted 7 years. Its fairly seamless from beginning to end. The only mistake in my opinon they dumped this series way to early. It had a solid following. They still get full retail for the DVD's and they still sell really well. The crime part I don't know. It's kind of mysterious that part of the culture. There are some references to well known figures. Patriotic in some of its theme. That dosen't fail the series though even that is realistic. Believe it or not. Everyone loved Goodfellows. This is as good as Goodfellows however you get 7 years of it. Thats a lot of one hour episodes.
    OK, i just watched the first episode and the last ending!? do i need to see more!? criminals tryin to feel respectable!? (goodfellas) and to me it seems dated but i dont know the area/culture personally!? i did pick up on the seeming DISCONNECT of the BUSINESS from life/family!? i think that first episode contains enough to get the jist of show!? unusual final ending i had to look it up to get it!? i may watch some more later!? gonna check out "the wire" next!? :freak3: ::judges::
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  7. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    63

    Re: Does God Make Us Moral?

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    well, you've touched on the jist of mankind's heritage you might say with the term patriarchal!? god the father the myth, the godfather the reality!? can anyone say for CERTAIN how they CHOSE WHO they are!? human's are born MIMICS just like the lesser mammal creatures!? bloodlines as they are called account for the makeup of the classes!? how does 1 escape THAT fate so to speak!? genetics is an amazing science and may eventually offer us a SECOND choice from our birth line!? and may also offer test tube created perfection!? knowledge can be a BAD thing as well as good!? imagine the man who realizes the chance for imortality/longevity in perfection DENIED him cause it aint invented yet!? imagine also his RUTHLESS drive to speed up the cause of INVENTION/PROGRESS in this regard!? certainly i see the seeds of this knowledge having this effect already!? who is best situated to orchestrate such a progressive endeavor!? maybe the ARISTOCRACY!? maybe the NEW aristocracy!? the new moral code of ECONOMICS based solely on the TANGIBLE!? judges:::crazy1::
    Lexx everyone considers themselves for the most part unless they are in dire straights. The center of attention. Thats one thing thats missed by even the aristocracy. They defend their little castles by all kinds of means, really themselves. Catholosism which I was pondering this morning. Has all of their basis in friendship not sex. You will never find a better more genuine friend if you approach it on that basis, friendship. True it has a heirarchy. But on a common level it is more of friendship with the daily grind thrown in. Not sex in most cases. Thats something avoided. Thats more of the social order in that "social" organization. They are very good at things like friendship. Center of attention is shunned however some are deft at getting away with that trait. The earth is a long term deal. It's wise not to forget about that. Wisdom not being from Christianity of course. Some have other arrangements of course.

  8. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Does God Make Us Moral?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorkin61 View Post
    Lexx everyone considers themselves for the most part unless they are in dire straights. The center of attention. Thats one thing thats missed by even the aristocracy. They defend their little castles by all kinds of means, really themselves. Catholicism which I was pondering this morning. Has all of their basis in friendship not sex. You will never find a better more genuine friend if you approach it on that basis, friendship. True it has a heirarchy. But on a common level it is more of friendship with the daily grind thrown in. Not sex in most cases. Thats something avoided. Thats more of the social order in that "social" organization. They are very good at things like friendship. Center of attention is shunned however some are deft at getting away with that trait. The earth is a long term deal. It's wise not to forget about that. Wisdom not being from Christianity of course. Some have other arrangements of course.
    so what is the BASIS of friendship!? something in common!? is there a master guiding MIND that brings people together for their own mutual good!? you said before no 1 gives anything away!? is not freindship a giving away of your time and talent to others!? is freindship an agreement to GIVE to each other if only in the form of consideration/advice/guidance!? you were thinking about catholics while i was thinking about the mafia!?the 'closed' FAMILY aspect, freindship/loyalty!? around what 'scripted' or learned/UNDERSTOOD doctrine of life!? 70x7 i dont think would fly over there in jersey!? you know, not on this planet over here!? maybe venus!? ::crazy1::cwm2:
    Last edited by lexx; 01-31-2013 at 12:36 AM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Similar Threads

  1. Do atheist have a moral code?
    By Cnance in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-17-2018, 12:31 PM
  2. Moral question?
    By Yeah Well Fine Then in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 12:54 AM
  3. Moral Clarity in Gaza
    By Grim17 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 02:02 PM
  4. A-moral a-religiosity
    By coosjoaquin in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 02:59 AM
  5. Moral high ground.
    By gordon in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 04:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •