+ Reply to Thread

Search Engine Thing

My mate told me to use this, I have not been asked for any money, to promote my own little site, well it's more a forum, and I thought it would do no harm.

If you know about this sort of thing, please give me your thoughts...

http://www.searchenginesubmission.bi...ubmission.html

thank you very much

steve
    "Ethics" is simply a last-gasp attempt by deist conservatives and
    orthodox dogmatics to keep humanity in ignorance and obscurantism,
    through the well tried fermentation of fear, the fear of science and
    new technologies.
    There is nothing glorious about what our ancestors call history,
    it is simply a succession of mistakes, intolerances and violations.

Re: Search Engine Thing

I use www.submitexpress.com I don't know about the one in particular you are asking about but one time when I was learning I used one like it and ended up getting my submitted to a bunch of FFA's.. not a good thing... now I just stick with submitexpress and I have never had a problem.

Don't bother. Let Google et al come round and spider your site in their own time. Your time is better spent making sure that your site is as good and SEO friendly as it can be.
    Pete Wailes | The Common Sense MarketerPete Wailes | The Common Sense Marketer

You can directly submit to search engines

Quote Originally Posted by pcwork
    Yes you can but it takes FOREVER.. haha.. submitexpress does it all for you.. on the other hand TSCM is absolutely correct in that you don't have to submit at all. They will find you.. I gave it a test and the big difference I found was that by submitting the websites I built and put good effort into SEO with were indexed within 3 weeks. The one I did not submit took almost twice that long to get indexed. Not a big difference overall but after all the work it takes to build a website.. one click through submit express got me indexed twice as fast and only took a couple of minutes.. that WAS worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by pcwork
    How?

:confused:
    new technologies.

Quote Originally Posted by TCSM
    Don't bother. Let Google et al come round and spider your site in their own time. Your time is better spent making sure that your site is as good and SEO friendly as it can be.
    What is 'spider' and what is SEO?
    new technologies.

Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner
    I use www.submitexpress.com I don't know about the one in particular you are asking about but one time when I was learning I used one like it and ended up getting my submitted to a bunch of FFA's.. not a good thing... now I just stick with submitexpress and I have never had a problem.
    What is FFA?
    new technologies.

Search Engine Optimization for Dummies by Peter Kent.
    Or any of a dozen other books on the topic.

FFA networks and link exchange networks do more damage than good. My sites gets spidered within a few days, but its because I already have a network of sites that helps.

However, before I had all these sites, I did this:-

1. Create a new blog at blogger.com
    2. Write some good content, and create a link to my new website. I was spidered by Yahoo 36 hours later
    3. Further more, write an article at www.articlecity.com. Include your site in the footer. When it gets published you gain another valuable backlink.

Doing this my first ever site got spider by both Google and Yahoo in less than 2 weeks.

I NEVER used submission websites or services, since Google and Yahoo seems to put less weight on manually submitted sites than once discovered 'Naturally'.

Now, with all this in mind, you might not get traffic even after you're site is indexed. If you're site content is rubbish, you will not appear in any searches. Also, if you write content which target high volume keywords (ie. Searches in the thiusands per day), youre site will not initially be inlcuded in the search results - this is known as the sandbox effect. This prevent spammy websites from starting up and steal high positions from established sites.

Join forums like seochat.com and others for the full deal.

heather2007 Guest

Hello! Katies Corner! I joined some of your website listings! I receive nothing but junk email everday. Why do you have down at the bottom of your website this advice? Quote:

Katies Hugs has no responsibility or liability and makes no guarantee or warranty regarding products or services provided by links through this site. Visiting other sites is at your own risk. Katies Hugs is not liable for any damages or losses, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential, of the services, merchandise or information provided. Katies Hugs does not endorse or guarantee the accuracy, including but not limited to changes or discontinuance's of the offer made by any of the partner sites displayed on it's site or via any other method including but not limited to email

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by heather2007
    Hello! Katies Corner! I joined some of your website listings! I receive nothing but junk email everday. Why do you have down at the bottom of your website this advice? Quote:

Katies Hugs has no responsibility or liability and makes no guarantee or warranty regarding products or services provided by links through this site. Visiting other sites is at your own risk. Katies Hugs is not liable for any damages or losses, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential, of the services, merchandise or information provided. Katies Hugs does not endorse or guarantee the accuracy, including but not limited to changes or discontinuance's of the offer made by any of the partner sites displayed on it's site or via any other method including but not limited to email
    bearclaw3412@yahoo.com, stop harrassing the people here. If you have a problem with someone go through the proper channels and stop spamming our site.

Lady Mod

junk1955 Guest

Katie, if you work at home? How do you have time to answer so many questions on this forum?

Many search engines don't like receiving automated submissions like the ones websites like these do and your domain may end up getting a bad reputation.
    These submissions are not done manually, so you're taking a risk.