+ Reply to Thread

National Association of Self Employed (NASE)

They provide you with "Mega Health Insurance" which is a ****ing scam and a half. They seriously only cover about 20% of my medical bills. They found some loopholes and ride them like the great American scream machine.

Stay clear of this company, you have been warned. They are based out of Texas. That says a lot right there.

So they send me letters stating that they have received a claim from the doctors office and that a decision is pending. Okay, so I pay you guys 200.00 a month to tell me that my claims are pending? Two words - **** and That. So now of course I have the doctors offices contacting me saying I need to pay up. And here I thought that I was covered. 200.00 USD can buy a lot of medicine in other countries. 200.00 can also cover the cost of significantl surcical procedures as well in other countries. I am paying this out of my own pocket, because I was naive to believe (after consultation with a sales rep) that it was indeed a good company. Sorry to say, but no. Mega Health doesn't cover ****.

They have since stopped paying any claims that come their way, saying **** like "You have maxed out your benefits," or "You have not met your deductible for the year." Okay, make up your mind, either I maxed out my benefits or I haven't met my deductible. I indeed haven't maxed out my benefits, and I have met my deductible. I think you guys are an organization of swine hogs and I find it hard to comprehend why anyone in your position would actually waste 4 years of their life and then some on an education in stride to acquire such a worthless existence in our society where you literally **** over honest paying citizens like myself. And another thing, when you pay the claim, you should send the payment to the health care administrator, not to me.

Again, MEGA HEALTH, is a ****ing scam and a half. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Re: National Association of Self Employed (NASE)

OK, first off, back in the day, I worked for the NASE. So this reply is coming from someone who's "been there, done that."

In short, what you say is true and you very much want to stay clear of this company. I haven't gotten around to it yet, but my site will also feature a health insurance scam section. MEGA and NASE will figure prominately.

NASE usually targets economically depressed areas of the country, and pays (a loan, actually, but you don't that out till later, then when you want to quit, they hold it over your head and threaten to ruin your credit. Great company, these guys.) a very healthy commission to people who are either fresh out of the unemployment line, or insurance school, or in dire strights to hawk their products. Their training is designed to make you wholeheartedly believe that they are the saviors and everyone else is a bad guy. They are also very good at it.

They have combined MLM and Amway brainwashing with sleazy insurance tricks.

NASE is supposedly a "group" of self-employed business owner 'pooling" their risk for get "affordable" health insurance. In reality it is a front for the MEGA Life Insurance Company.

There's is more of a discount plan than health insurance. While extremely questionable ethically, it doesn't fall into the realm of illegal. Many states are now looking at ways to outlaw the practice. In my state they couldn't call themselves "health insurance" and we had to do contortions not to use the phrase. I could go on and on about them.

The best practice when reviewing any health insurance is to visit your insurance oversight dept in any state attorney general office and review the complaint ratio. You can find them on the internet easily.

Most agents I ran into were well intentioned, but ignorant and gullible. They weren't trying to screw you. They REALLY believed in the product and the Rah-Rah sales meetings they were force-fed. They simply regurgitated the sales spiel without ever checking the facts for themselves...or reading the brochures.

Stay away from this company.

Thanks for exposing NASE.
    You're right, it's only a front to sell insurance.

After I joined I called NASE and no one could, or would, tell me where they're located. When I inquired about health insurance I ended up getting cold-calls from agents who couldn't even tell me how they got my name!

The Mega rep insisted on visiting my office. She was new and brought her boss. They threw a bunch of numbers around and left. When they called a couple of days later I responded that I'd like to see a quote.
    "Those numbers we gave you are the quote!"
    They wouldn't even put it in writing.

My contact info was given to 4 different agents...

Yeah, unprofessional behavior is the norm for these guys. The "manager" usually takes the rookies so they can see how it's it's done. Showing up uninvited and guilt-tripping people as they sit down to dinner is not discouraged. Once a "lead" has fallen away, they are given back to the manager who redistributes them to other people to "take a crack at it." Saying "no" isn't good enough for these guys. You'll probably be on their 'members" list for life. They don't like giving out their office location for good reason...retaliation. We had people (agents) beaten up. One lady was followed down the street with people yelling at her. They discourage you from leaving behind any brochures or hard copy information of any sort. That's because they know the next insurance agent can rip it to shreds. So hand written scribbles on a napkin, no solid explanation of benefits, vague answers of the "it depends on the custom designed policy" are the norm when asking for a quote. The drill is to close for an appointment over the phone, then close on the policy on the sales call. "One call" closes, they call them. You are encouraged to not let them shop around. They also know how to target people who have been dropped and are coming off of other insurance policies. In other words, people no one else will insure. Since most of their policies are not "medical insurance" by the legal definition, they can insure anyone on a discount plan.

Like I said, this is all perfectly legal in the state I live in. But I have heard District managers brag that there are loopholes their lawyers find, and their agents exploit in every state.

Pretty soon a agent will find this thread, and you'll be able to see the brainwashing in action.

Oh god- I am SO glad that I got out of this "organization" when I did. I was brand new, had not made a single sale yet, and started finding out the horror stories from potential clients I was calling for appointments. As far as I can see, pretty much everything that has been expressed in this thread looks true. I could never sleep at night doing what is the norm with NASE/UGA/MEGA. Yes, I saw the results of being up at management level- money beyond your wildest dreams. However, it was never made clear how one gets to that level. Sell your soul, or check it at the door, I guess. I find that I will have to go back and apologize to some good friends for nearly trying to lead them astray.

I hope that as a newly licensed producer, coming from this situation, I will be able to find a company I can live with...

I currently work for an inbound telemarketing agency who promotes (answers the phone and takes info) for Mega Life (i.e. UICI as it appears on our phones) You notice we never answer with "thank you for calling mega life and health insurance company" we answer with the "Thank you for calling my name is_________, may i have your zip code?"
    I can't tell you much about this company just for the plain fact that nobody at my work really knows. we just say we are not licensed reps and we cannot give out quotes. I know we (the customer service reps) get mad about hang ups but i can't say i blame you!
    well I'm hoping that if you call and get me you will be polite or atleast tollerable. i work for them in a far off way but I need a check since i have one on the way.
    i can say the 800 number you call is my company and we are a ligit company but unfortunately we take calls for non legit companies. you will see me post on lots of forums for the plain fact that we answer for alot of companies!
    well hope i helped a little for you all who are wondering!

Hello,

You are right for the most part, Mega life is being sued (also doing business as widwest life) by a dozen states.

There are no loop holes in their contract, the policy pays exactly what it say it will, the problem lies in the do sell a horrible limited benefit hospital plan (BTW they are out of Tennessee not texas)

The crime, and the reason for most of their suits is Training the agents to be dishonestmaking it sound like it will cover everything. and they recruit in the same way really raping new agents who know no better. Many are able to see through the BS and quit before the first sale. Encouragment to those agents, know that not all insurance company perform in that way, and being an insurance agent can give you great freedom in your life, you just got sucked into their unethical system.

Here are the only people who should purchase their product: People who are unable to purchase Health insurance from any other company.

Regards,

Mark

PS here are some links about the suits

http://www.boston.com/business/globe..._on_practices/
    boston globe.. Gulible beware there is a lot of pro propoganda in the article

or do your own google search for Mega life law suit

I am an Insurance agent and have been for the last 15 years. There are several problems in the industry and in my opinion the biggest is lack of education. The majority of the posts that I read on this site are from people who were taken advantage of by ether unethical or poorly trained sales people.

The first thing all new clients should do is INTERVIEW there potential agent. REMEMBER you are paying money for a service so you should treat this process as a JOB interview. You are the BOSS and you get to choose who you hire. The agent’s job is to evaluate what you are trying to accomplish and make a recommendation to you that is in your best interest. (Sadly this is not usually how the process works) Insurance is very boring and confusing and at times very scary to most people. However any reputable agent or agency will take the time to educate the consumer on why a certain product is best for them.

Every state has a department that regulates the sale of insurance.

http://www.naic.org/

These web sites will list agents. Check to see how long your agent has been in the business and how many companies he represents. (After all if you walk onto a Ford dealership don’t expect to come home with a Chevy) If the agent is only licensed with one or two companies take a guess as to which one he will recommend.

This information will give you some information on who you are dealing with. If the agent has been in the business less than 2 years he is a very inexperienced agent however he is not necessarily a bad agent.

Do your homework, how long has the agency he/she works for been in business. Are they members of the local BBB or chamber of commerce.
    Do they have a physical office or are they working out of there home.

These simple questions will take most people less than 15 minutes to check and would in my opinion eliminate 90% of the problems clients have.

I welcome any comments or questions and will answer any question anyone has to the best of my ability.

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    NASE usually targets economically depressed areas of the country, and pays (a loan, actually, but you don't that out till later, then when you want to quit, they hold it over your head and threaten to ruin your credit. Great company, these guys.) a very healthy commission to people who are either fresh out of the unemployment line, or insurance school, or in dire strights to hawk their products. Their training is designed to make you wholeheartedly believe that they are the saviors and everyone else is a bad guy. They are also very good at it.

They have combined MLM and Amway brainwashing with sleazy insurance tricks.

Pretty soon a agent will find this thread, and you'll be able to see the brainwashing in action.
    I post on a couple of other insurance threads, but after reading these particular comments, felt compelled to post here as well.

First, a question to [email protected]: When you make comments concerning "brainwashing", is this from your own personal experience? Both as a brainwashed agent AND a brainwashing "mentor"? If so, how did you eventually free yourself from them and what did the experience "cost" you as a person? (the non montery aspects of your life)

This type of insurance practice (door-to-door with the CONSTANT "encouragement", coaching, rah-rah meetings) should, in my opinion, be completely illegal! They are TRULY MLM's in disguse (whether or not those involved can see it) The top 2 levels in these structures are the ones who make any REAL money. However, they must constantly "preach" the financial "dream" to the lower level agents so that they don't lose their income. This kind of organizational structure is inherently unstable and eventually WILL colapse. Unfortunately, without better governmental laws regarding these structures, TENS of THOUSANDS of people will fall prey to the "cultish, brainwashing" babble that the top level organizers HAVE to use to find more "losers" (as those who eventually quit are called) to work in the pyramid...oops...i mean MLM-styled insurance companies. China has COMPLETELY outlawed ANY MLM structure. Anyone guess why? Their comments stem from their concern as to how these structures tear apart social structures. China considers them to be ammoral. Imaginge that! This from a country who has been known to use forced child labor!

Sorry for the misspelling's and omitted words on my previous post. The wine was good and my fingers were moving fast. :D

Quote Originally Posted by protectyourfamily View Post
    I post on a couple of other insurance threads, but after reading these particular comments, felt compelled to post here as well.

First, a question to [email protected]: When you make comments concerning "brainwashing", is this from your own personal experience? Both as a brainwashed agent AND a brainwashing "mentor"? If so, how did you eventually free yourself from them and what did the experience "cost" you as a person? (the non montery aspects of your life)

This type of insurance practice (door-to-door with the CONSTANT "encouragement", coaching, rah-rah meetings) should, in my opinion, be completely illegal! They are TRULY MLM's in disguse (whether or not those involved can see it) The top 2 levels in these structures are the ones who make any REAL money. However, they must constantly "preach" the financial "dream" to the lower level agents so that they don't lose their income. This kind of organizational structure is inherently unstable and eventually WILL colapse. Unfortunately, without better governmental laws regarding these structures, TENS of THOUSANDS of people will fall prey to the "cultish, brainwashing" babble that the top level organizers HAVE to use to find more "losers" (as those who eventually quit are called) to work in the pyramid...oops...i mean MLM-styled insurance companies. China has COMPLETELY outlawed ANY MLM structure. Anyone guess why? Their comments stem from their concern as to how these structures tear apart social structures. China considers them to be ammoral. Imaginge that! This from a country who has been known to use forced child labor!
    I was an agent for about a year. I went to the weekly meetings and saw it first hand. "Brain-washing" may be too strong a term. I mean, it wasn't "Manchurian Candidate" kind of stuff, but it was designed to mostly make you so much money (You thought) that you wouldn't question it too much. You were paid every week, and you also knew what other agents in the group were making, as well as other agents around the company. And yes, anyone who quit was a "loser" someone who couldn't quite "make the grade," etc.

There was a lot of subtle "Car Dealer" tactics involved, such as make you state publicly how much money you would make the next week, then when the next week rolled around, if you didn't make that much, you were chastised, if you did, congratulated. Since there is competitiveness in any organization, naturally you always wanted to outdo anyone else.

It takes about a year, for a rookie to go full circle with that organization, before you really start to see what is behind the smoke and mirrors. By that time, with that kind of money, you've bought a new house, the wife likes the new lifestyle, and you're trapped. Also, if you discover you have morals and want to leave, then the fact that all the money you've made to date is really an "advance" (i.e. loan) comes out...and you've got to pay it back.

The cost of me as a person was not so great, truthfully, because one, I don't live beyond my means, two, money doesn't hold that great of an influence on me, and three, my honesty and integrity mean more to me than money.

I'm a simple person, who leads a simple life. I always told people the truth about the policy. If I thought it wasn't for them, I told them so. If they had kids and were looking to cover the little stuff, I told them where to go. I was willing to leave a lot of money on the table. But at the end of the day, even crappy health insurance, is better than no health insurance for some people. I laid it one the line and didn't BS anyone. For some people it made sense. Because I honestly told the benefits as well as the pitfalls, and let people make informed decisions without hard-ball tactics, my conscious is clear. Because I was honest, people can immediately see that and bought from me.

Because I couldn't be corrupted with the money, because I knew how to play the game, because I wouldn't let them intimadate me, I quickly became persona non grata in the last 6 months. The last 3 months, I refused to sell any policies until my "back-end" (loan) was paid off. Since I had a contract, had done nothing wrong, was well within my rights, there wasn't much they could do. My District Manager "demanded" my resignation but I told him to fire me, and hinted at a wrongful discharge if he did. Since I have legal background, they took it seriously. I let the loan pay off, then quietly slipped away to everyones delight.

I was a top producer for the NASE/Mega Life and Health for several years before the ether wore off. The trips were great--it was exciting being part of the team, and I made a six figure income. Like ALL Mega Agents, this was my first health insurance sales gig (shouldn't that have been a red flag?).

Over time, like all Mega Agents, I found that we were offering watered down, inferior health insurance policies that paid very little if any claims. Never a maximum out-of-pocket maximum (check your brochures for that specific terminology--you won't find it), high deductibles, high co-insurance, and if there were co-pays they had low limits (like everything else). We were trained to say that because our clients were now members of the NASE that they would only experience an industry low 8-10% rate increase annually. (Then why am I getting calls every day from my over 400 clients saying that they just got a huge rate increase between 15-40%?

Over time, like all Mega Agents, I found that Mega was being sued left and right, getting kicked out of more progressive states, despite name changes and various shell games. How many of your clients have canceled after doing an internet search on Mega?

Over time, like all Mega Agents, I saw the effects of the difference between the Mega advances and any other company's commissions (advances are loans with interest you have to pay back) which put me, like all Mega Agents into debt.

Over time, like all Mega Agents, I saw that my stock plan that was supposed to take care of my future retirement was a mirage. After three years and over $2 million in production I was vested with less than $10,000 in stock. So I would have to work at this pace for the next 100 years to retire a millionaire (a little different story than I was sold in orientation). That stock didn't even cover my alleged debt to the company when I left.

Over time, like all Mega Agents, I saw my bonuses whittle away instead of grow like they were supposed to. After Ron Jensen, the founder, passed away, the company made some changes. The REAP (production bonus) was changed to a QPC (production bonus). My production bonuses went from over $6,000 every other month, to under $1,500 every three months. That is a huge cut in pay. Not very motivating.

Over time, like all Mega Agents, I found that I was driving all over the place at over $3.00 a gallon while independent brokers were making all their sales over the phone and internet.

Over time, like all Mega Agents, I was forced to buy leads, even though I was producing more than ever before, because that was "expected" of senior agents.

Over time, like all Mega Agents, I discovered that independent brokers were making three times as much money with none of the expenses.

Over time, like all Mega Agents, I came to believe that there must be a better way. And I found it. If you would like to find a better way--a better way to make even more money, a better way to offer your clients more selection of the best health insurance options available in the marketplace, a better way to realize your dreams ethically, then please email me at [email protected] so we can talk.

I can help you in several ways:

1. I can assist you in forming an exit strategy. Don't just get frustrated and quit! Big mistake! You deserve more!

2. I can help you develop a plan to combat that bogus debt that Mega says you owe them. Do you think its fair that Mega is the most profitable insurance company in the world, while the whole time you made them that way and now you owe them money?

3. I can point you in the right direction when it comes to who you should be working with and how to get contracted with them. With the companies I current work with, I make 3 times the commissions, I acquire zero debt, I get 60 quality internet leads a week FOR FREE, I am vested immediately 100% on my residuals which never go away, I don't drive unless I want to, and I have total FREEDOM!

Email me at [email protected] for more information. You owe it to clients, your family and yourself.

You nailed it dead-on. Couldn't have said it better. If this wasn't enough, and you're really a glutton for punishment, try reading this thread...

http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchre...=&searchtype=0