+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 17 to 29 of 29

  1. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Adam, Sin, Death

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    Seems that God was rather scientifici in the creatin story of Adam in Genesis. In various studies of livi ng organisms from fruit flies to humans, it has been discovered that the lowly fruit fly can actually learn from its own experience, and 'record' that for future reference. Scientists took certain odors that fruit flies found either enjoyable or annoying, and placed them at the mouths of certai jars, after wich the fruit flies would avoid those jars that had annoying odors and seek those with enjoyable odors. They could remember, it seemed, which jar mouths to avoid.

    Bees, of course, show a high degree of learning as a hive, even to figuring out fixed geometric progression, all based on the relation to availiable food.

    Learning is directly related to evolutionary patterns that ensure we survive. God, therefore, in order to accelerate the learning patt ern with Adam and Eve, introduced them to the idea that a chosen action would bring death. "Do, this, and you die".

    The story tells us that the serpent came along and said, "Oh, you won;t die, you will become as gods, knowing good and evil".

    This is interestin g if we take the story to realize that both statements, of God and the serpent, had some truth. You don't necessarily die from one choice, but it can lead to death. Therefore, you develop patterns of choices over time that reinforce life. That is, God used the very same rein forcement strategies that scientists used to test the learning abilities of fruit flies. They threatened their immune system.

    In various studies, it is becoming increasi ngly obvious that we call "consciosuness" or "self awareness' is directly linked to our immune system, which acts as a ki nd of brain that operates by the same general fuctions in species ranging from bacteria to humans.
    1.It identifies and 'tags' invaders
    2.It record this identification in a 'database" or "library" fore future reference
    3. The organism retains "junk DNA" which is actually remnants of "disabled" viruses from past invasions
    4.This same DNA also constitutes what is called "jumping genes" that actively insert genetic material randomly in the developing brain before birth
    5. The gut, the enteric nervous system(ENS) operates usi ng many of the same neurotransmitters and proteins that allow messages to jump through the system, also comprising major cells of the immune system.

    That is, if you want a species to learn, make it quickly aware that certain decisions cause it and its offspring to die.

    Since humans have developed an ability to see conscious connections between behaviro and death, morality would dictate that we learn to make true life choices rather than death choices. Religion, however, ignores the life choices in favor of a life after death, which cannot be proven. "The wages of sin is death(Romans 6:23). The resulting development of confusing religions arises because we tend to ignore the basic premise of morality and life, and focus on a non-existent life after death. "You will not die. You will become as gods, knowing good and evil".
    i was thinkin.......you sorta sound like an INTELLIGENT DESIGN promoter!? using science of course!? ::2gunsfiring_v1::cwm2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  2. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Adam, Sin, Death

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i was thinkin.......you sorta sound like an INTELLIGENT DESIGN promoter!? using science of course!? ::2gunsfiring_v1::cwm2:
    Within epigenetics, a process of intelligence is obvious, from bacteria to civilizations. However, there is no indication it is designed. It is simply a pattern that repeats itself, and could just as well be a selective process of life itself.

  3. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Adam, Sin, Death

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    Within epigenetics, a process of intelligence is obvious, from bacteria to civilizations. However, there is no indication it is designed. It is simply a pattern that repeats itself, and could just as well be a selective process of life itself.
    This may lead to a debate over evolution versus intellectual design, but it seems, based on probable biological outcomes, that it's impossible for such things as the eye, brain, and other complex organs to develop from chance alone.

    The argument based on probability theory has been ignored.

    It's possible that God didn't have to intervene to make species evolve. All that was required was a perfect plan, so God didn't have to tinker with it.

  4. #20
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Adam, Sin, Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    This may lead to a debate over evolution versus intellectual design, but it seems, based on probable biological outcomes, that it's impossible for such things as the eye, brain, and other complex organs to develop from chance alone.

    The argument based on probability theory has been ignored.

    It's possible that God didn't have to intervene to make species evolve. All that was required was a perfect plan, so God didn't have to tinker with it.
    Evolution of the eye, brain, blood has all been addressed. How typical of you to state otherwise. Where do you get your BULSH, the Discover Institute?

    You have already attempted to make your probability claims regarding evolution and have been soundly debunked. Why do you attempt this again...after almost 2 years trying the first time?...did you think we would forget?
    Last edited by LogicallyYours; 12-01-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  5. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Adam, Sin, Death

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Evolution of the eye, brain, blood has all been addressed. How typical of you to state otherwise. Where do you get your BULSH, the Discover Institute?

    You have already attempted to make your probability claims regarding evolution and have been soundly debunked. Why do you attempt this again...after almost 2 years trying the first time?...did you think we would forget?
    Who are we? Are the the owner of this forum?

    Yes, we debated the topic, but I don't believe you won the debate. My probability critique wasn't seriously considered. Atheist are upset with any idea that violates their faith in evolution, as a consequence of absolute faith in science.

  6. #22
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Adam, Sin, Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Who are we? Are the the owner of this forum?

    Yes, we debated the topic, but I don't believe you won the debate, My probability critique wasn't seriously considered. Atheist are upset with any idea that violates their faith in evolution, as a consequence of absolute faith in science.
    You were shown that the creationist argument you presented that stated Evolution was mathematically impossible was BULSH.

    You want to rehash that argument?...Fine with me. You will still be unable to advance the argument for Creation unless you can provide proof of your mythical sky fairy. Attempting to debunk Evolution or Naturalism in no way strengthens you position.

    What is it you don't understand about that. What is it you don't understand that god is not a valid default without proof of that god?
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  7. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Adam, Sin, Death

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    You were shown that the creationist argument you presented that stated Evolution was mathematically impossible was BULSH.

    You want to rehash that argument?...Fine with me. You will still be unable to advance the argument for Creation unless you can provide proof of your mythical sky fairy. Attempting to debunk Evolution or Naturalism in no way strengthens you position.

    What is it you don't understand about that. What is it you don't understand that god is not a valid default without proof of that god?
    Where's a theory with evidence for a natural cause explanation? If you have it post it on my thread, The Big Bang Barrier.

  8. #24
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Adam, Sin, Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Where's a theory with evidence for a natural cause explanation? If you have it post it on my thread, The Big Bang Barrier.
    Many people have but the truth is, no matter what is posted you will either claim it's just they way gawd did it or deny it's evidence.

    You're dishonest.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  9. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Adam, Sin, Death

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Many people have but the truth is, no matter what is posted you will either claim it's just they way gawd did it or deny it's evidence.

    You're dishonest.
    You're a slimy one. You have no such theory, so you make a false claim.

    Where is that theory, Mr. Big Shot.

  10. #26
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Adam, Sin, Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    You're a slimy one. You have no such theory, so you make a false claim.

    Where is that theory, Mr. Big Shot.
    Asked and answered, repeatedly.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  11. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Adam, Sin, Death

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Asked and answered, repeatedly.
    Sounds like BS. Where is it?

  12. #28
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Adam, Sin, Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Sounds like BS. Where is it?
    You know what sounds like BULSH....

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    You are a ignorant man. According to the dictionary, a lie is "to present false information with the intention of deceiving."
    .
    Liar.

    You claimed Einstein was believer. Your own words:

    The evidence is clear you spend an inordinate amount of time attacking and insulting Christians on scam.com. Why don't you attack Einstein and other scientist who believe in God? How about Renaissance scientist who began the industrial revelation, most of them were Christians
    .

    It's quite clear from your statement that you were claiming Einstein a believer in god.

    An exerpt from Einstein's "god" letter.

    The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation, no matter how subtle, can (for me) change this.

    For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are also no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them.
    In the future, try not to lie...You're no good at it.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  13. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Adam, Sin, Death

    didn't ES say "everything's a MIRACLE or NOTHING is a MIRACLE"!? so where do miracles COME FROM!? ::crazy1::judges::
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2015, 01:11 AM
  2. Adam & Johan Lawyer Sam
    By hpayton in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 03:39 AM
  3. Adam Gilmer
    By musicfan in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 12:02 PM
  4. Adam Dreamhealer
    By Fritz Gerlich in forum Internet Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 10:05 AM
  5. Could God have forgiven Adam and Eve
    By galaxy in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 10:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •