+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 26

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,197

    Liberals Hate The Us Military

    San Francisco Liberals Hate the US Military
    Jeff Jacoby's Sunday essay takes a look at the recent vote by the San Francisco School Board banning the Junior Reserve Officer's Training Program from the city's schools. The board's decision was not based on a lack of interest among students. Nor were the costs associated with the JROTC at issue. It wasn't questions of student safety either, or bad management, or even an absence of diversity (since disabled and gay students participate):


    So what is the problem with JROTC? There isn't one. The problem is with the anti military bigotry of the school board majority and the "peace" activists who lobbied against the program on the grounds that San Francisco's schools should not be sullied by an association with the US armed forces.

    "We don't want the military ruining our civilian institutions," said Sandra Schwartz of the American Friends Service Committee, a far-left pacifist organization that routinely condemns American foreign policy and opposes JROTC nationwide. "In a healthy democracy . . . you contain the military." Board member Dan Kelly, who voted with the majority, called JROTC "basically a branding program or a recruiting program for the military." In fact, it is nothing of the kind: The great majority of cadets do not end up serving in the military.

    But then, facts tend not to matter to smug ideologues like Schwartz and Kelly, who are free to parade their contempt for the military because they live in a nation that affords such freedom even to idiots and ingrates. It never seems to occur to them that the liberties and security they take for granted would vanish in a heartbeat if it weren't for the young men and women who do choose to wear the uniform, willingly risking life and limb in service to their country.

    According to The Chronicle, scores of JROTC students were on hand when the school board met last week; many of them burst into tears after the vote. Sad to say, they should probably have seen this coming. For in its trendy anti military animus, the school board was hardly breaking new ground.

    In 1995, San Francisco's board of supervisors wiped the city's famous Army Street from the map, renaming it Cesar Chavez Street. Last year, city supervisors refused to allow the retired USS Iowa, a historic World War II battleship, to be docked in the Port of San Francisco. Like the school board vote, the spurning of the Iowa was intended as a slap at the US military and the foreign policy it supports. Supervisor Chris Daly explained his vote against accepting the battleship by announcing: "I am not proud of the history of the United States of America since the 1940s."

    In 2005, San Francisco voters handily approved Measure I, a nonbinding ballot question dubbed "College Not Combat," which called for the exclusion of military recruiters from public high schools and colleges. The prevailing political attitude was summed up in a Weekly Standard headline: "San Francisco to Army: Drop Dead."

    Not everyone feels that way. To his credit, Mayor Gavin Newsom excoriated the school board last week for "disrespecting the sacrifice of men and women in uniform" and warned that killing JROTC would only accelerate the flight of city residents from the public schools. "You think this is going to help keep families in San Francisco?" he asked. "No. It's going to hurt."

    Going to? For 1,600 kids now faced with the death of a program that infused their lives with purpose, camaraderie, and self-respect, the hurt has already begun.
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,197

    Re: Liberals Hate The Us Military

    The controversy erupted after Kerry told a California audience on Monday: "Education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq" - Senator John Kerry

    If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have happened by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime – Pol Pot or others – that had no concern for human beings. Sadly, that is not the case. This was the action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners[/U]
    - Senator Dick Durbin


    That night on CNN, Murtha told anchor John Roberts: "Now, this (the killing of Zarqawi)could have happened from the outside. People say, you see, we stayed in there. No, this was from the air, two bombs were dropped. So there's no question-from an F-16. So there's no question about this, it could have happened from outside." -Senator John Murtha

    "Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood," -Senator John Murtha
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bristol, Connecticut
    Posts
    223

    Re: Liberals Hate The Us Military

    Soooo sending them off to die in the desert, for people who don't even want them there = love

    and wanting peace, not wanting one more death, and wanting them home with their famlies = hate

    GOT IT.

  4. #4
    TheWorker Guest

    Re: Liberals Hate The Us Military

    Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    The controversy erupted after Kerry told a California audience on Monday: "Education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq" - Senator John Kerry

    If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have happened by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime – Pol Pot or others – that had no concern for human beings. Sadly, that is not the case. This was the action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners[/U]
    - Senator Dick Durbin


    That night on CNN, Murtha told anchor John Roberts: "Now, this (the killing of Zarqawi)could have happened from the outside. People say, you see, we stayed in there. No, this was from the air, two bombs were dropped. So there's no question-from an F-16. So there's no question about this, it could have happened from outside." -Senator John Murtha

    "Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood," -Senator John Murtha
    "Mission Accomplished" george bush 2003

  5. 12-27-2006, 08:50 PM


  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,272

    Re: Liberals Hate The Us Military

    U.S. soldiers' death toll climbs in Iraq

    By LAUREN FRAYER, Associated Press Writer
    Tue Dec 26, 6:47 PM ET

    BAGHDAD, Iraq - A string of car bombs and other blasts killed at least 54 Iraqis on Tuesday, including 17 outside Baghdad's most venerated Sunni mosque, while U.S. troops battled Shiite militiamen in Baghdad.

    Seven more American soldiers died, the U.S. military said, pushing the December death toll to 90 in one of the bloodiest months for the American troops in
    Iraq this year. Some 105 troops were killed in October.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061226/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

  7. #6
    TheWorker Guest

    Re: Liberals Hate The Us Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Phinnly Slash Buster
    U.S. soldiers' death toll climbs in Iraq

    By LAUREN FRAYER, Associated Press Writer
    Tue Dec 26, 6:47 PM ET

    BAGHDAD, Iraq - A string of car bombs and other blasts killed at least 54 Iraqis on Tuesday, including 17 outside Baghdad's most venerated Sunni mosque, while U.S. troops battled Shiite militiamen in Baghdad.

    Seven more American soldiers died, the U.S. military said, pushing the December death toll to 90 in one of the bloodiest months for the American troops in
    Iraq this year. Some 105 troops were killed in October.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061226/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq
    whats the matter with you Phinnly, posting treasonous anti-us troops slander such as this???

    youre supposed to ignore stuff like this and "support our troops"

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    270

    Re: Liberals Hate The Us Military

    The suicide rate has more than doubled since the start of this "war". I think FrankG needs to talk to the more than 5,000 soldiers who've gone AWOL because they are sick of the Stop-loss routine. I just heard on the news that a 28 year old kid who just came home from serving 28 months in Afghanistan was told he now had to go to Iraq. He couldn't take it any more. He died today via "death by cop". If Frank thinks this is so noble and Bush is the greatest maybe he should haul his "patriotic" butt down to the recruiters office. I hear they will take you up to the age of 42 and I don't get the feeling that the old Frankster is beyond that age, at least not emotionally. It's not the troops you claim to support Frank, it's Bush. You want to really support our troops work to get them out of this hell hole and bring them home. You don't see any of the Bush, Cheney, or many other staunch wealthy Republican families sending their children or grandchildren into harms way. Bush talks of sacrifice, well let's see some from those who are benefitting so richly from this misery,you know, the war profiteers exercise some sacrifice and urge their family members to go fight. They certainly enjoyed their Christmas this year while hundreds of other families attended their children's funerals. Christmas will never again hold any great joy for them.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,197

    Re: Liberals Hate The Us Military

    If Frank thinks this is so noble and Bush is the greatest maybe he should haul his "patriotic" butt down to the recruiters office. I hear they will take you up to the age of 42 and I don't get the feeling that the old Frankster is beyond that age, at least not emotionally.
    Only if you fly your sorry ass to Iraq an sign up for the insurgents you anti american sob, Ederlore is such a collassal phoney , he claims to work for the military , comes from a military family , but is in favor of the traitor Murtha's cut and run strategy, one would think that anyone who is from a military background would understand that the one thing US soldiers want is to accomplish thier mission

    what a fuckin phony
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

  10. #9
    dchristie's Avatar
    dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,663

    Re: Liberals Hate The Us Military

    Quote Originally Posted by EderLore
    The suicide rate has more than doubled since the start of this "war". I think FrankG needs to talk to the more than 5,000 soldiers who've gone AWOL because they are sick of the Stop-loss routine. I just heard on the news that a 28 year old kid who just came home from serving 28 months in Afghanistan was told he now had to go to Iraq. He couldn't take it any more. He died today via "death by cop". If Frank thinks this is so noble and Bush is the greatest maybe he should haul his "patriotic" butt down to the recruiters office. I hear they will take you up to the age of 42 and I don't get the feeling that the old Frankster is beyond that age, at least not emotionally. It's not the troops you claim to support Frank, it's Bush. You want to really support our troops work to get them out of this hell hole and bring them home. You don't see any of the Bush, Cheney, or many other staunch wealthy Republican families sending their children or grandchildren into harms way. Bush talks of sacrifice, well let's see some from those who are benefitting so richly from this misery,you know, the war profiteers exercise some sacrifice and urge their family members to go fight. They certainly enjoyed their Christmas this year while hundreds of other families attended their children's funerals. Christmas will never again hold any great joy for them.

    There's about as much chance of that happening as Bin Laden turning himself in. Little Frankie "Sh!t For Brains" and his fellow Monkey Bozos have it so easy trying to pretend they give a crap about our troops while firing blanks from behind the anonymity and safety of a computer terminal.

    For me, if it ever came to a choice as to whom I would choose to cover my back in a foxhole... I'd have to go with the so called "terrists" any day.

    The funny part is these yellow keyboard commandos like Frankie and the other war-mongering menagerie of Monkey Cowards here would probably make the same choice.
    Last edited by dchristie; 12-28-2006 at 04:11 AM.

  11. #10
    sojustask's Avatar
    sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: Liberals Hate The Us Military

    Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    Only if you fly your sorry ass to Iraq an sign up for the insurgents you anti american sob, Ederlore is such a collassal phoney , he claims to work for the military , comes from a military family , but is in favor of the traitor Murtha's cut and run strategy, one would think that anyone who is from a military background would understand that the one thing US soldiers want is to accomplish thier mission

    what a fuckin phony
    Frankie, there are a lot of soldiers who feel like Ederlore. Just because you can't face that reality doesn't mean it isn't so.

    So far, in the months you have been here you haven't exactly proven yourself to be the "Oracle" of truth or knowledge.

    Lady Mod

  12. #11
    Born2Serve Guest

    Re: Liberals Hate The Us Military

    Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Frankie, there are a lot of soldiers who feel like Ederlore. Just because you can't face that reality doesn't mean it isn't so.

    So far, in the months you have been here you haven't exactly proven yourself to be the "Oracle" of truth or knowledge.

    Lady Mod

    wow moderators gone wild :eek:

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    325

    Re: Liberals Hate The Us Military

    when will chick.com be sold to western porn industry?

    Maybe then we will get the appropriate use of the term "Gone Wild".

    :p
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing ."
    - Edmund Burke 1729—1797

    "A leader is someone who ask all the questions and lead others with his own answers while a follower is someone who never ask questions and follow others with his own blindness."
    - Christian A. Fleetwood

  14. #13
    sojustask's Avatar
    sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: Liberals Hate The Us Military

    Quote Originally Posted by RememberMyName
    when will chick.com be sold to western porn industry?

    Maybe then we will get the appropriate use of the term "Gone Wild".

    :p
    A little history about this guy:

    Who Is Jack T. Chick?

    Jack Thomas Chick is a recluse. Little is known about him. He does not give interviews. Only two out-of-date pictures of him are publicly known (one is a high school yearbook photo). Rumors about him abound, making it difficult to sort fact from fiction concerning his life. He was born April 13, 1924, in the Boyle Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles, and he was not always a Fundamentalist. According to the biography posted on his web site:

    While in high school, none of the Christians would have anything to do with him because of his bad language. They all agreed not to witness to him, convinced that he was the last guy on earth who would ever accept Jesus Christ.

    After graduation from high school, Jack won a scholarship to the Pasadena Playhouse to study acting, but his studies were interrupted by the military. He spent the next three years in the Army, which took him to foreign countries like New Guinea, Australia, the Philippines and Japan.

    After being discharged from the service, Jack returned to the Playhouse, where he met and married his wife, Lynn, who was instrumental in his salvation. While visiting Lynn’s parents in Canada on their honeymoon, Jack’s mother-in-law insisted that he sit and listen to Charles E. Fuller’s Old Fashioned Revival Hour radio program. Jack recalls, "God was already working on my heart, but when Fuller said the words, ‘Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow,’ I fell on my knees and my life was changed forever."

    The scene of falling on one’s knees to accept Jesus is one repeated over and over again by characters in Chick tracts. But how did Jack Chick make the leap from being an ordinary Fundamentalist to the foremost Christian comic publisher in the world? For a time, he worked as a technical illustrator for an aerospace company in California, but he longed to be work for God:

    He wanted to be a missionary himself, but his new wife wanted no part of missionary life. Her aunt had been a missionary in Africa. While pregnant, she was being carried across a river on a stretcher, when one of those carrying her lost a leg to an alligator.

    Eventually, Jack started combining his work as an illustrator with his passion for evangelization, producing his first published religious works, Why No Revival? and A Demon’s Nightmare. He became convinced of the effectiveness of this technique after using it with a group of prisoners:

    [Chick] was invited to present the gospel to a group of inmates at a prison near his home. He drew several pieces of cartoon art and prepared a flip chart to illustrate what he was saying. At the conclusion of his message, nine of the eleven inmates present trusted Christ as their Saviour. Jack became convinced that God had given him a method of reaching people with the gospel that worked. That art was later put into booklet form and became the tract This Was Your Life!

    Following this episode, Chick Publications became a full-time venture for Jack, and, in the more than forty years since it was started, his tracts, comic books, and other publications have reached hundreds of millions of people, spreading their message of simple Fundamentalist theology fused with elaborate conspiracy theories.

    In time, the art in the tracts received an upgrade—not because Chick changed his own style of drawing but because he hired an artist with much better skills. Yet he did not announce this fact and did not put the new artist’s name on the works he produced. Instead, they continued to carry the credit "by Jack T. Chick" or simply "by J.T.C." The difference between the two drawing styles was so dramatic that it was immediately noticed by readers, and rumors circulated about who the "good artist" might be. It would be some time before Chick disclosed that the man’s name was Fred Carter.

    In 1972, he hired Fred Carter, an African-American painter and illustrator from Danville, Illinois, who had studied at Chicago’s American Academy of Art. Carter’s realistic illustrations and distinctive inking style made him a perfect fit for the [Crusaders comic book] series’ action sequences and exotic locales. Witch burnings and ritual murders are captured in gleefully visceral detail, while the books’ sexual overtones—as well as scantily clad biblical sirens like Eve, Delilah, and Semiramis—have led critics to describe Carter’s work as "spiritual porn."

    At once, the artwork improved tenfold. Chick, however, kept Carter’s name off all of the comics. Rumors and speculation about the identity of the so-called good artist at Chick Publications began to spread. For years fans theorized that Carter’s work was produced by a team of illustrators or an unknown Filipino man dubbed "Artist J." Chick finally revealed Carter’s identity in 1980, claiming that the artist is "rather shy and declines to put his name on his art."

    Through the years Chick also became associated with others who had an impact on his publications. The conspiracy angle in his works jumped significantly through his involvement with two men in particular.

    One was John Todd, an evangelist who claimed to have been raised in a "witchcraft family" and supposedly was part of a gigantic conspiracy of witches called "the Illuminati." According to Todd, numerous political and religious figures were part of the conspiracy. He claimed that as a "Grand Druid High Priest" he was given a thirteen-state territory and that "over 90 percent of politicians in that thirteen-state area received financial support from him and took orders regarding political decisions from him." The religious figures allegedly part of the witch conspiracy included Jim Bakker, Billy Graham, Walter Martin, Oral Roberts, and Pat Robertson. Also involved were C. S. Lewis, Pat and Debbie Boone, and a number of Protestant denominations, "from Assemblies of God to the Southern Baptists."

    One way the Illuminati spread their occult tendrils through society was through rock music. Songs in this genre often "contained coded spells or incantations that the listener wasn’t aware of." Based on Todd’s claims, Chick issued a number of publications, including the large-format comic book Spellbound? (against rock music) and the tract Dark Dungeons (against fantasy role-playing games).

    Todd was exposed as a fraud in publications such as Christianity Today and Cornerstone. He later was convicted and sent to prison for rape. Nevertheless, Chick is still publishing materials repeating his claims and thanking him openly for providing the information.

    The other major figure hyping Jack Chick’s conspiracy theories was the late Alberto Rivera.
    More about that in the "Religious" forum. ;)

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bristol, Connecticut
    Posts
    223

    Re: Liberals Hate The Us Military

    Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Frankie, there are a lot of soldiers who feel like Ederlore. Just because you can't face that reality doesn't mean it isn't so.

    So far, in the months you have been here you haven't exactly proven yourself to be the "Oracle" of truth or knowledge.

    Lady Mod
    .........but he has proven himself to be an orifice, of lies and stupidity.

  16. #15
    sojustask's Avatar
    sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: Liberals Hate The Us Military

    Quote Originally Posted by cheech
    .........but he has proven himself to be an orifice, of lies and stupidity.
    Well, at least a large receptacle of misinformation anyway. ;)

    Lady Mod

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,197

    Re: Liberals Hate The Us Military

    Quote Originally Posted by cheech
    .........but he has proven himself to be an orifice, of lies and stupidity.
    Originally Posted by soujustask
    Well, at least a large receptacle of misinformation anyway.
    Lies cheech ? Misinformation Ladymod ?

    You're saying that the San Fran wackos didn't ban the Junior Reserve Officer's Training Program from the city's schools ? and that Murtha , Kerry and Durbin never made those statements ?

    Liberals hate the US military

    My opinion is based on fact , so if you think I lied than prove me wrong and as far the stupidity remark goes....accusing someone of lying without proof ,... thats stupid

    stupid is as stupid does

    schmucks
    Last edited by franKg; 12-28-2006 at 10:20 PM.
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

Similar Threads

  1. I Hate Liberals
    By TRUECRISTIAN in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-13-2012, 05:04 PM
  2. How Liberals 'Interact' With Military Heroes
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 08:00 AM
  3. Liberals hate to see this
    By franKg in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 09:05 AM
  4. Why I Hate Leftist Liberals
    By pawnstar in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 02:27 AM
  5. Why LIBERALS HATE
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 08:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
academy, account, accurate, action, address, africa, african, agen, agent, ages, agreed, air, ale, america, american, americans, angeles, another, approved, aries, artist, ass, associated press, asy, attention, attitude, australia, authority, aware, banning, based, basically, beat, believers, bin, bit, blood, body, books, borrowed, breaking, bur, bush, buster, california, called, capital, car, care, cer, chance, charles, chart, che, cheney, chris, christmas, church, close, cnn, college, coming, communism, control, cop, corporation, costs, couldn, countries, cover, crap, credit, dan, dark, day, dead, dear, death, decision, demand, dick, difficult, diversity, doesn, don, door, drew, drop, dropping, dying, earn, education, effective, eme, episode, error, exo, explained, faced, families, famous, fans, fbi, figures, financial, forces, forgiveness, frank, fred, fuller, gay, george bush, group, hands, hate, head, hell, hey, high, house, huma, human, ial, ian, identity, idiots, illustrator, image, impact, improved, industry, info, innocent, interest, involved, iowa, iraq, jack, jan, jim, john, kiss, laden, large, leaders, liberal, liberals, lied, line, lis, listen, lived, living, los, loss, lying, mad, mark, martin, mass, mea, members, men, method, military, millions, mind, ministry, misinformation, mission, monday, multi, nations, news, noble, office, oral, orders, organization, organizations, originals, owner, parade, part, pasadena, pastor, people, planning, plans, pol, policy, popular, porn, pos, positive, post, posted, power, prepared, presiden, pressure, price, prisoners, professional, public, punishment, question, questions, ran, rape, reality, rebellion, recount, recruiting, refused, regime, replace, rio, rivera, rock, role, sad, safe, salvation, senator, service, ship, side, sign, simply, site, songs, soo, spent, spreading, start, states, stop, stories, story, strategy, street, study, style, styles, sun, support, supporting, supports, thinks, thread, threads, told, town, tracks, traitor, treatment, trusted, tuesday, united, united states, url, vanish, version, voted, wanted, warehouse, warfare, western, wide, win, winning, witch, won, worked, working, writing, year, yearbook, ymi, young

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •