+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Russ Dalbey

Russ Dalbey

Has anyone heard of Russ Dalbey's winning in the cashflow bussiness? If so, is this legit?
    http://www.witcfb.com/offer/?img=8&kbid=1174&sub=CF37

Re: Russ Dalbey

Yes, I was in Russ Dalbey's program and some people were able to make money and some did make a lot of money. But it is not for everybody and it is not easy. Most people are not successful. He makes a lot of money on the back end with his workshops and books and other various products that are supposed to help you get started. But I found that the only thing they did is get me really excited but either didn't teach me anything or were too hard to understand. If you are not a naturally born salesman, stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by jdn108
    Yes, I was in Russ Dalbey's program and some people were able to make money and some did make a lot of money. But it is not for everybody and it is not easy. Most people are not successful. He makes a lot of money on the back end with his workshops and books and other various products that are supposed to help you get started. But I found that the only thing they did is get me really excited but either didn't teach me anything or were too hard to understand. If you are not a naturally born salesman, stay away.
    Hey did you get your money back from them?? I was thinking about getting into it but just don't know. I'm just trying to figure out how your suppose to find people that want to sell notes? Do you have to call people or go door to door?? Some of the success stories sound pretty good for the money they make. Do they actually have people lined up to buy the notes when you post them on their website?? Any help would be great.

I got a booklet in the mail from him today about his "Winning in the Cashflow Business" I read through it.
    So here's my opinion:
    I'm not going to purchase it because it seems to go to be true. (Also I don't have $151.50 to blow.)

There is a disclaimer in the book too. It goes as such
    Notice: This booklet contains numerous testimonials from course members. testimonials provide the perspective of individuals who are successful and/or enthusiastic about their experience. Testimonials are not representative of everyone's experience and only provide information about the individual's experiences as to the point in time when they are provided. All testimonials are authentic and accurate. Testimonials may be edited for clarity or brevity. All claims have been documented and verified for accuracy. No one has been paid to share their stories here. Individual results will vary.
    That basically is telling you that you may or may not make oodles of money, so if you don't you can't sue them for false advertising. Also, like they would really include any testimonials from people who didn't do well???

What is nice is that the booklet DOES say what it is you will be doing. Which basically is you go and become a middle man for some one looking to sell those an "IOU" note for real estate and hook them up w/ some one interested in buying the note. I'm guessing he shows you more in depth how to do that.

His three secrets of success seemed a little unoriginal.
    Step one:find a proven, successful system
    Step two: Set a goal
    Step three: Find a mentor or teacher to guide you.
    All three just seemed like common sense once you though about it. Why should those really be secrets??

He also states there is no money involved, but that makes me wonder when you get to the section on what you will get when you purchase his course (that right there is money involved maybe he should state little money involved since some money is required to get his course, but maybe not to do the system he wants to teach you.) Then he states "It almost makes me think I SHOULD be charging that $1,292 I talked about." That's just a marketing ploy to make you think you are getting a great deal. Plus a bonus you are suppose to get is your own website. Will he front all the costs for that as long as you are a member? And he promises one full year of Success Counselor Support, so if you need that more than a year do you pay yourself?

Call me crazy but I think there might be more money involved than what he says there is.

I find his one free gift kind of humorous "$129 subscription to my bimonthly e-newsletter - FREE!" I just wanna know how can an email newsletter cost that much?????

He has a few other comments that made me raise my eyebrows.
    Like his claim that to pay the rent when he was young he had to see his clothes at a flea market to pay the rent. WOW, those must be some fancy clothes (ever tried selling clothing at a garage sale or flea market? I have and the only clothing people really want is baby clothes.)
    He also claimed to have won a ton of cycling trophies, but that doesn't pay the bill. I though that was odd because don't athletes who do really well get sponsorships? And win money along w/ trophies? Maybe he just decided to leave that out since it wouldn't look good on paper.

My conclusion after reading it was this:
    It was nice that he told you what you were getting since a lot of websites don't do that.
    His system may work, but I highly doubt anyone can do it or that is it as hassle free or requires no money down.
    He makes it sound like a class more than a scheme. that's a bit refreshing since most websites we see don't make it sound like that.
    Could it work? Maybe, I don't have the money to spare to even try, but I though it wouldn't hurt to give my impressions I got from reading the booklet he sent.
    Patricia Lynne's Treasures
    Why should you look there? Because it's not a get rich scam.
    It's my store! I got it up (almost gotta add a few items and spell check LOL) I got domain hosting and email accounts. I sent out my application for sales tax. I'm so excited. Also check out my blog at myspace page

FYI - finding the note in some state is still considered a Finder's fee" charge so you may only be able to make a small amount of money for the find. (In my state the max you can pay is $50 for finding a property.) If you actually take over the note then try and transfer it - this is ILLEGAL in some states. It's all very simple to do if you know anything about real estate, though. So no point in purchasing an expensive program.

Another thing I thought of is that it seems like it a job where you only get paid when you make a sale, so while you may make big bucks for one sale it still depends on finding that sale to make.
    Patricia Lynne's Treasures
    Why should you look there? Because it's not a get rich scam.
    It's my store! I got it up (almost gotta add a few items and spell check LOL) I got domain hosting and email accounts. I sent out my application for sales tax. I'm so excited. Also check out my blog at myspace page

It's a lot of work. Are his courses good, well, that depends on what you buy.
    If you are going to spend $29.95 or whatever, I do not know if you are
    going to figure it out within the 30 day guaranteed time or whatever it is?
    Yes, you will have to speak to people on the phone. You will also have to determine the value of the note, etc., if you are going to sell it.

It's probably easier doing an affiliate program, you receive a webpage, not
    site, and I believe it's for 3 years, no monthly fee, but you do have to pay
    for it.

The problem is, you have to get traffic to your webpage. Now, everyone
    that can find your webpage through a search engine, you loose as a
    potential customer for your customer list, because Russ receives all of
    the information. So it's a waste of time and money. The best way to
    do it is to have folks go through your website, opt-in, then go to his
    site, or send a mailing to your customer list. But, I am not sure if you
    want to do this? Since your customers are where you make your money,
    and if you do not provide a good product and service--you won't keep
    them.

John Alexander stopped selling his Note course, well, that is what he said.
    Maybe there isn't enough money in it for him? But is he doing the right
    thing. Flipping properties? When he doesn't want customers with good
    credit. Why is that: higher finance rates. But, finance companies have
    been doing this for years. So, John gets a property at a discount, and
    finance charges, which the customer probably cannot afford anyway.

Sorry, for getting off topic. But it's difficult, since I won't sell a product
    that I have bought, and I do not believe that it's good.

Gene

Dalbey was shut down in 2011.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pres...ving-consumers