+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 154

Thread: Another World?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Another World?

    Most would agree that our world is overpopulated. Not only does this lend itself to the world hunger problem, but it means that in turn, we take more than we should from the earth.

    Imagine two things were different for us. One you won't like! The other you might. People have sex because it feels pleasurable to them to do so, right. Even if they are trying for a baby, the basic allure is one of pleasure. Now, imagine that sex was not so pleasureable. Imagine it was perhaps the single most painful experience that you could endure, like having a tooth nerve drilled, with no shot! :eek:

    The second thing to imagine is that the "Tree Of Life" that is science, has allowed us live to the age of 200, 300, or even 400 years of age. These figures may look incredible and impossible, but check human history, it's full of experts who claimed that something we have now was "impossible". Even the Bible makes many references to people living to such ages.

    Anyway, if these two things were so, then it follows that because of the pain involved, accidental pregnancies would be almost zero, and because we could live to such old ages, there would also be fewer children born, and ultimately, I feel that a species count of homosapiren, should be in the region of 15 million, worldwide.

    I know it seems a bit "out there", but any thoughts on what I have written?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,548

    Re: Another World?

    I agree. It's a bit out there. And not everyone agrees that the world is overpopulated. Assuming it was though, what is your point. Do you have a proposal to make that would alter the situation?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Re: Another World?

    Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    I agree. It's a bit out there. And not everyone agrees that the world is overpopulated. Assuming it was though, what is your point. Do you have a proposal to make that would alter the situation?
    Yes I do, I have started to discuss it in post one.

    However, do you think it is over populated?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,548

    Re: Another World?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then
    Yes I do, I have started to discuss it in post one.

    However, do you think it is over populated?

    nope........................In the first post you "imagine" a couple of extremely hypothetical concepts. My question was what would you do to alter the condition. To clarify, do you have a plan to make sex painful for instance? And to whittle down 6 billion humans to 15 million, how would you propose that happen?
    Last edited by bogie; 12-24-2006 at 08:10 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Re: Another World?

    Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    nope........................
    Can you expand as to why you think that way, what with starvation and so on?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,548

    Re: Another World?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then
    Can you expand as to why you think that way, what with starvation and so on?

    Not sure I can expand. You asked if I thought the world was overpopulated. I answered you. If you now ask if there is starvation in the world then the answer is yes there is. Does one have anything to do with the other? NO. Starvation does not occure because there are not enough resorces, (food), to feed the populous. Starvation occurs in humans because the recorces don't get to all the places they're needed. There was pleanty of starvation when the population was 15 million.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Re: Another World?

    Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    Not sure I can expand. You asked if I thought the world was overpopulated. I answered you. If you now ask if there is starvation in the world then the answer is yes there is. Does one have anything to do with the other? NO. Starvation does not occure because there are not enough resorces, (food), to feed the populous. Starvation occurs in humans because the recorces don't get to all the places they're needed. There was pleanty of starvation when the population was 15 million.
    So, what do you suggest then?

    To solve starvation?

    How do we, and more imporantly, those Governments that lead our nations, get those resources to were they need to go?

    Are they even committed to doing so?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,548

    Re: Another World?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then
    So, what do you suggest then?

    To solve starvation?

    How do we, and more imporantly, those Governments that lead our nations, get those resources to were they need to go?

    Are they even committed to doing so?
    Some are committed, some are not. As far as getting the resorces where they're needed, each area has it's own unique problems. Mozambique has problems that Mexico does not and visa versa. The US south has problems that differ from the midwest, etc. I don't even have an answer to solve the problems in my own home town. That's the majic bullet we need. So have at it. Like you I understand that there is a problem of hunger. I just don't know what to do about it and you and I certainly talk more than those governemnts you refer to. :D

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Re: Another World?

    Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    I don't even have an answer to solve the problems in my own home town. That's the majic bullet we need. So have at it. Like you I understand that there is a problem of hunger. I just don't know what to do about it and you and I certainly talk more than those governemnts you refer to. :D
    Biotechnology.

    Thoughts?



    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotechnology

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,548

    Re: Another World?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then
    I know very little about biotechnology other than my amgen stock has done well. :) So I hesitate to voice much of an opinion other than some amazing breakthroughs have been made with more on the horizon. If you're asking whether or not biotech can solve hunger, I doubt that it will address the problem of getting the resorces to those in need. It already makes more food available but like, I said, I don't think that's the problem. In the US farmers pore milk into the ground because there is more produced than is healthy for their market, in other words low prices for milk. Corn gets plowed under for the same reasons, market economics. So supply is not the problem.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Re: Another World?

    Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    I know very little about biotechnology other than my amgen stock has done well. :) So I hesitate to voice much of an opinion other than some amazing breakthroughs have been made with more on the horizon. If you're asking whether or not biotech can solve hunger, I doubt that it will address the problem of getting the resorces to those in need. It already makes more food available but like, I said, I don't think that's the problem. In the US farmers pore milk into the ground because there is more produced than is healthy for their market, in other words low prices for milk. Corn gets plowed under for the same reasons, market economics. So supply is not the problem.

    So it is greed that is the problem, yes?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,548

    Re: Another World?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then
    So it is greed that is the problem, yes?

    Probably the biggest problem and the biggest blessing at the same time.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Re: Another World?

    Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    Probably the biggest problem and the biggest blessing at the same time.
    Blessing..? :confused:

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,548

    Re: Another World?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then
    Blessing..? :confused:
    Blessing indeed. Were it not for the capitalistic system, many scientific, medical, transportation, production and other infrastructural wonders would not exist. The farmer poures milk into the ground when market conditions set the price to low for him to sell it without losing money and further driving down prices. But as I said, this is not the world hunger problem. There is pleanty of food to feed everyone three times more than they need. If there was not enough supply, the farmer wouldn't have to pour his milk into the ground, he could sell it at a decent profit. Somehow I'm not making my self clear on that.

    The problem again is distribution. But that problem would be worse without greed too. Why do you think fedex for instance is in business. The reason is that their shareholders wish to make money when the company has profits. So because of companies like fedex, there are airplanes that fly goods around the world. Without them and others not to mention shipping companies, railroad companies, tucking companies, whatever, there would be even less food getting to those that are hungry. This is all basic economics. Nobody does anything in this worldwide economic system just to be a good samaritan. Market economics make the world go round. Make it profitable to feed the hungry and they will get fed. Right or wrong, that's the way it is and as hard as Bill Gates tries to change it, even he doesn't have enough money to do much more than make a dent.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Re: Another World?

    Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    Blessing indeed. Were it not for the capitalistic system, many scientific, medical, transportation, production and other infrastructural wonders would not exist. The farmer poures milk into the ground when market conditions set the price to low for him to sell it without losing money and further driving down prices. But as I said, this is not the world hunger problem. There is pleanty of food to feed everyone three times more than they need. If there was not enough supply, the farmer wouldn't have to pour his milk into the ground, he could sell it at a decent profit. Somehow I'm not making my self clear on that.

    The problem again is distribution. But that problem would be worse without greed too. Why do you think fedex for instance is in business. The reason is that their shareholders wish to make money when the company has profits. So because of companies like fedex, there are airplanes that fly goods around the world. Without them and others not to mention shipping companies, railroad companies, tucking companies, whatever, there would be even less food getting to those that are hungry. This is all basic economics. Nobody does anything in this worldwide economic system just to be a good samaritan. Market economics make the world go round. Make it profitable to feed the hungry and they will get fed. Right or wrong, that's the way it is and as hard as Bill Gates tries to change it, even he doesn't have enough money to do much more than make a dent.
    Personally, I don't think I would ever consider greed a 'blessing', and the capitalist system that we have in place, well that requires many 'victims' for any benefactor.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,548

    Re: Another World?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then
    Personally, I don't think I would ever consider greed a 'blessing', and the capitalist system that we have in place, well that requires many 'victims' for any benefactor.
    Gee. How did I guess that would be your reply? This capitalistic system that you despise so much has allowed more people to own their own homes than ever before. Average personal wealth is higher than ever in the US. People live longer and are healthier in old age than ever in history. Unemployment is at an all time low. I could go on and on. Sure there are "victims" and those that fall through the proverbial cracks but what economic system doesn't have that? Perhaps you think communism is a better alternative. If not, what system do you think we should adopt after doing away with capitalism. Can't wait to hear it.

Similar Threads

  1. Filth Push Baby-Murder on World, World Appalled
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 06:14 AM
  2. World Conquest Through World Jewish Government
    By Thorgrimm in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 02:01 AM
  3. my world plus- anybody?
    By Briantou in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 08:25 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 11:25 PM
  5. The New World Order's letter to the citizens of the world
    By Americanadian in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 08:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
000, 302, ability, acceptance, account, accurate, action, add, address, admit, aes, aesthetics, affordable, africa, agendas, ages, agrees, alcohol, ale, aliens, allowed, allowing, amendment, america, american, another, article, artist, ass, attitude, attributes, aus, austria, authority, aware, azi, babies, banned, bans, based, basic, beat, bed, benefits, bernard, biggest, bio, bit, block, blood, body, boost, brown, building, bull, bunch, bur, cable, cage, called, car insurance, care, cars, catch, center, cer, chan, chance, circuit, citizenry, citizens, classic, clo, close, club, communism, cons, contest, contracting, contributed, costs, couldn, countries, cover, crap, creatives, credible, crisis, cruise, dan, day, dean, dear, death, decades, demand, destroyed, development, differently, difficult, disgusting, diversity, doctors, doesn, don, dont, due, dun, economist, effective, electio, els, endurance, environment, eric, establishment, european, evils, examples, expand, experience, experts, express, extra, extreme, extremely, factor, fall, families, famous, fashion, fee, figures, fool, football, formula, france, free, fund, gas, gee, generation, girls, give, gli, global, gonna, gordo, ground, group, growth, guys, gym, hahaha, hands, hasn, head, hell, hey, high, higher, hire, holiday, hormone, house, html, huge, huma, human, humans, hunger, husband, ial, idiot, illegal, illegally, images, imagine, immune, important, include, incredible, india, infected, influence, info, insurance, interest, involved, involves, isn, issues, item, judge, kara, kevin, kicking, kidding, knock, land, large, laugh, law, leaders, lean, legacy, legendary, lesser, lexx, liberals, likes, limits, line, live, lived, living, long, long run, longer, loves, lying, lynch, mail, mankind, market, martial, mass, mea, medical, meeting, men, mentally, mentions, million, millions, mind, monster, move, movie, mow, myth, nasty, nation, national, nations, nature, needed, nope, oas, office, ongoing, opposite, org, owned, owners, pacific, paper, part, passed, people, person, personal, personality, pet, peter, ping, platform, politician, pong, popular, pos, post, posted, posts, potential, pounds, power, presiden, presidency, price, prices, production, productive, profit, proposal, protection, public, push, question, questions, quick, race, ran, rea, real, reason, reasonable, reasons, regular, released, religion, removed, replace, reporters, research, respect, response, ress, rights, ron, roo, room, royal, rush, sad, saves, scary, screw, season, secretary, sell, sen, served, services, severe, sex, share, sharing, ship, shipping, sho, shopping, short, shouldn, shows, simply, site, small, social security, solve, son, soo, source, spent, stage, stand, start, states, stein, stock, stone, stop, stories, story, street, strength, student, stupid, style, styles, submit, supported, supporting, supports, taken, talking, taxes, teachers, team, test, testosterone, thinks, thread, threads, times, told, top, town, track, trade, transportation, travel, truck, turn, tvs, ufc, ugly, ultra, unit, united, united states, universe, unwan, upper, ups, upset, url, usa, vehicle, victor, victory, voted, votes, waiting, wanted, watched, watching, welfare, western, white, win, wise, won, wonderful, wont, work, worked, workers, working, workout, world, worldwide, wow, writes, wrote, wwf, year, young, youtube

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •