+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Born2Serve Guest

belief in Jesus is not enough

James 2:19,20
    " thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."
    " But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?"

FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD!!! :eek: In other words believing and accepting Jesus is not enough, We must do good in this world, and follow God's commandments. We must show the world We are saved by our actions and deeds!!! :cool:

Re: belief in Jesus is not enough

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Serve
    " thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD!!! :eek: In other words believing and accepting Jesus is not enough, We must do good in this world, and follow God's commandments. We must show the world We are saved by our actions and deeds!!! :cool:
    God asks that you believe and receive Jesus... meaning be reborn...
    works is a bonus so to speak...it will not get you into heaven...
    but it will get you rewards in heaven..

BTL

Born2Serve Guest

amen sister....that is the Truth for all to see...Jesus is our Lord and Savior...and I'm storing my riches in heaven:)

Quote Originally Posted by bethelight
    works is a bonus so to speak...it will not get you into heaven...
    but it will get you rewards in heaven..

BTL

Read the entire chapter of James 2.

B2S is closer to the truth concerning this thread than you, BTL.

Notice every rebuke ever given in the new testament in the letters after Acts, and many before, were TO THE CHURCHES.
    Many times the churches (christians) were being threatened with Hell because of their "evil" works and divers wanderings after fleshly things.
    It is not enough to believe in Jesus, for the devils also believe and tremble.
    Here's more:
    20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
    24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
    25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
    26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
    27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
    28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

Don't make the mistake of the "once saved always saved" kind. It is not enough to call Jesus Lord. Faith without works is dead.

What will your god do to the lukewarm among you?
    Perhaps the same fate will await those that be lukewarm today as did await those of the church of Laodicea...?

Something to think about. :rolleyes:
    Last edited by bibleman; 12-26-2006 at 10:41 PM. Reason: oops

Born2Serve Guest

Ephesians 2:8-10
    "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"
    "Not of works, lest any man should boast."
    "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

James was saying after being saved, by doing good works we prove to the un-believers that we are truly saved..
    Paul stresses acceptance with God wholly by grace through faith....James presents the continual evidence before men of the initial transaction of Jesus' blood washing away our sins nad guaranteeing us salvation through His sacrifice...VERITAS

Maybe I am missing something here; but you are saying that your current actions and deeds are an example of Christ's behavior? Exactly what good are you doing for the people that You come into contact with on this forum?

All I have seen you do is berate people. Call them names. And in general belittle any opinion that dosen't line up with yours.

If your job, I mean your christian job on earth, is to save souls and usher people into the kingdom of heaven. Then You are doing a very poor job.

The only time that Jesus got upset was with the religious athorities and the money changers. Never do I recall him screaming and berating the regular people. He always talked to them, ate with them, and helped them.

Born2Serve is what you chose as a user name. Why? Who are you serving with this attitude? It's not the people of this forum.

I would venture to say that you have driven away far more people from christianty on this forum, than you have helped lead them to it.

Jesus was a Rabbi, a teacher, and you, Born2Serve are in his class room of humanity. And I believe right now you have a grade of 'F'
    Last edited by Dawud; 12-27-2006 at 01:20 AM.

7. 12-27-2006, 01:43 AM

Born2Serve Guest

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"
    "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

James was saying after being saved, by doing good works we prove to the un-believers that we are truly saved..
    Paul stresses acceptance with God wholly by grace through faith....James presents the continual evidence before men of the initial transaction of Jesus' blood washing away our sins nad guaranteeing us salvation through His sacrifice...VERITAS
    JESUS IS LORD!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Dawud
    Maybe I am missing something here; but you are saying that your current actions and deeds are an example of Christ's behavior? Exactly what good are you doing for the people that You come into contact with on this forum?

All I have seen you do is berate people. Call them names. And in general belittle any opinion that dosen't line up with yours.

If your job, I mean your christian job on earth, is to save souls and usher people into the kingdom of heaven. Then You are doing a very poor job.

The only time that Jesus got upset was with the religious athorities and the money changers. Never do I recall him screaming and berating the regular people. He always talked to them, ate with them, and helped them.

Born2Serve is what you chose as a user name. Why? Who are you serving with this attitude? It's not the people of this forum.

I would venture to say that you have driven away far more people from christianty on this forum, than you have helped lead them to it.

Jesus was a Rabbi, a teacher, and you, Born2Serve are in his class room of humanity. And I believe right now you have a grade of 'F'
    Born2Serve do you have No answer to what I posted? I wasn't talking about Grace. I was talking about your attitude being the exact opposite of what Jesus's example was. Are you saying that because of Grace you can act any way you want, and treat people in a most unchristian way?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawud
    Born2Serve do you have No answer to what I posted? I wasn't talking about Grace. I was talking about your attitude being the exact opposite of what Jesus's example was. Are you saying that because of Grace you can act any way you want, and treat people in a most unchristian way?

He's saying that faith + works = salvation.

Kind of funny that someone who proclaims the Roman Catholic Church as the Wh.ore of Babylon would have the same misguided, unbiblical belief as they do.

Born2Serve Guest

no this is what I said lol :cool:

In other words believing and accepting Jesus is not enough, We must do good in this world, and follow God's commandments.
    I believe you also said this. So which is it?

Can't have it both ways.

Born2Serve Guest

AND YOUR POINT IS? I did in fact say this...I just can't figure what your point is? The Word's of God are not for the un-believer to understand as My Lord Jesus so plainly said in the bible...VERITAS

Boy that was a round about way to dodge something that you are afraid to face and give an answer to. Did you attend the 'Slick Willie' Clinton school of debate.?

If the words of God are not for the unbeliever, than who did Jesus preach to???

In fact why waste your time preaching to anybody? Since according to You, the unsaved, unbeliever is not able to hear the words of God!!!

Then who are the for? The already saved?!!

Dude do you even realize what you are saying anymore???

AND YOUR POINT IS? I did in fact say this...I just can't figure what your point is? The Word's of God are not for the un-believer to understand as My Lord Jesus so plainly said in the bible...VERITAS

How about I just ask you a simple question.

Do you believe that we are saved by faith alone, or by faith + works?

Born2Serve Guest

We are saved by grace through faith alone, it is a free gift of God, and I did nothing to deserve it...I like Paul was the chief of sinners and deserved to burn for eternity...VERITAS

We are saved by grace through faith alone, it is a free gift of God, and I did nothing to deserve it...I like Paul was the chief of sinners and deserved to burn for eternity...VERITAS

Good. You might have clarified that a little better early on. When you give a thread the title "belief in Jesus is not enough" it's bound to raise a few eyebrows.