+ Reply to Thread

The Messiah and Xmas

Doubtful either "Jesus" or any of his followers ever obeserved Xmas. and HE was born in the fall. It wasa pagan holiday, day of the sun, Roman new year

10:1 Hear the word that the LORD speaks to you, O house of Israel.
    2 Thus says the LORD: Do not learn the way of the nations, or be dismayed at the signs of the heavens; for the nations are dismayed at them.
    3 For the customs of the peoples are false: a tree from the forest is cut down, and worked with an ax by the hands of an artisan;
    4 people deck it with silver and gold; they fasten it with hammer and nails so that it cannot move.
    5 Their idols are like scarecrows in a cucumber field, and they cannot speak; they have to be carried, for they cannot walk. Do not be afraid of them, for they cannot do evil, nor is it in them to do good.

Born2Serve Guest

Re: The Messiah and Xmas

xmas is a pagan holiday...I watched a show on Discovery Times and they said xmas started in norse area...it was a 12 day drunken celebration of the abundance of meat because they slaughtered all livestock besides breeders because the winters were so rough and most of them would have died anyway...santa and his sleigh came from the mythology that Odin rode a chariot to and fro...they were first ones to use evergreen trees as xmas trees because they were the only trees that survived the harsh winters :cool:

Born2Serve Guest

christmas was originally called Yule celebration in norse....catholics changed it to christmas and adopted the holiday

I recall reading the similarities between Mithra, an ancient sun-god type, and Jesus... similar birth scenarios, similar teachings, both represented as "god incarnate", resurrection philosophy, both as part of a triad or trinity, the list goes on. The similarities are many.
    The cult of Mithra was extremely powerful and popular in the Roman Empire. And yes... Mithra's birth was celebrated on December 25.

We celebrate Christmas because it's Santa Claus' birthday.

"I wish you a hopeful christmas
    I wish you a brave new year
    All anguish pain and sadness
    Leave your heart and let your road be clear
    They said there'll be snow at christmas
    They said there'll be peace on earth
    Hallelujah noel, be it heaven or hell
    The christmas you get you deserve" ELP - I Believe in Father Christmas

Merry Christmas to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Serve
    xmas is a pagan holiday...I watched a show on Discovery Times and they said xmas started in norse area...it was a 12 day drunken celebration of the abundance of meat because they slaughtered all livestock besides breeders because the winters were so rough and most of them would have died anyway...santa and his sleigh came from the mythology that Odin rode a chariot to and fro...they were first ones to use evergreen trees as xmas trees because they were the only trees that survived the harsh winters :cool:

Why ya participate in christmas then?
    'Specially with all your fight against obelisks and priest robes and staffs and crucifixes and whatnot?

Could it be that you've found a symbol that has been turned from "evil" use and made into something "good" by your standards? ....You know that you hold a double standard in many things don't you?
    Marriage symbols and Christmas participation are just two of the pagan symbolic practices that have been made to mean something else today...

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman
    Why ya participate in christmas then?
    'Specially with all your fight against obelisks and priest robes and staffs and crucifixes and whatnot?

Could it be that you've found a symbol that has been turned from "evil" use and made into something "good" by your standards? ....You know that you hold a double standard in many things don't you?
    Marriage symbols and Christmas participation are just two of the pagan symbolic practices that have been made to mean something else today...

Are you implying that pagan symbols are "evil"??? For not being christian, you certainly seem to be a puppet with the Catholic church's hand up your ass. I suggest you do some research into the subject...enough said.

newbie1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Serve
    christmas was originally called Yule celebration in norse....catholics changed it to christmas and adopted the holiday
    Hey, the catholics where just doing what they do best... take the celebrations and superstitions of the country they are "reaching" and ADDING catholosism to it!

and god said in his wisdom!?what a pack a dumb arse SHEETS!?but what the h e l l!?get on with it best ya can!?reinforcements are comin!?....and THEY bare no GRUDGE!?ok!!....that's the OPTOMISTIC OUTLOOK!?(from my end of things!?)hehe!!...just askin...

Quote Originally Posted by DSMeTailer
    Are you implying that pagan symbols are "evil"??? For not being christian, you certainly seem to be a puppet with the Catholic church's hand up your ass. I suggest you do some research into the subject...enough said.

Come on, dude.

I was being facetious.

But if B2S is going to go on a rampage against "pagan" symbols, why not weed out ALL of the symbols we use today? Why stop at the ones he mentions in the religious forum?

Quote Originally Posted by dr poormouth
    We celebrate Christmas because it's Santa Claus' birthday.

"I wish you a hopeful christmas
    I wish you a brave new year
    All anguish pain and sadness
    Leave your heart and let your road be clear
    They said there'll be snow at christmas
    They said there'll be peace on earth
    Hallelujah noel, be it heaven or hell
    The christmas you get you deserve" ELP - I Believe in Father Christmas

Merry Christmas to all.
    Dr. Poormouth - I have that album too. Besides me, you are the only one I know of that has it.

All the prog-rock DJs on live365.com were spinning that tune for the holidays.
    Only Xmas carol I can tolerate anymore: "Little Drummer Boy" makes me homicidal by the 2nd go-round - even the Bowie/ Der Bingle version.