+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HomeJobStop.com

HomeJobStop.com

Hello All....just stumbled onto this site, scam.com, I have to say I like the information I have read so far.

Anyway, just curious on anyone's thoughts on HomeJobStop.com.

Thanks.

Re: HomeJobStop.com

I can't say if they are a scam or not, but I am very suspiciouse any time there is a one time membership fee. If there service was so great why did they reduce prices from $24 to $18? If you had a service that was legit and realistically could have a real income working from home, would you charge just $18? Why wouldn't you offer a short term free membership to impress a person with how great your service was before charging them?

Once again, I don't know for a fact because I didn't join, those are just some classic "red flags" that I can see.

I agree.. I can't imagine that these are jobs you couldn't find on your own for free.. there is an updated listing at http://www.wahm.com/jobs.html and it is offered for free.

http://www.wahm.com/jobs.html is a scam itself. It is just stealing telecommuting jobs from CraigsList.org

You can get a real work at home job only if you have the skills required

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota Scam Buster
    http://www.wahm.com/jobs.html is a scam itself. It is just stealing telecommuting jobs from CraigsList.org
    Thats just a bunch of bull.. all website owners get their information from other websites.. some sell the information some give the information for free.. EVERYTHING is SOMEWHERE on the internet..putting it out there for free in a place where people are looking for the information does not make a website a scam.. for petesake!

Homejobstop scam?

Just wondering if anyone knows about homejobstop, do they really sceen potential employers for scams, or are they part of the problem...

Re: Homejobstop scam?

I don't know if they do or they don't from firsthand experience but I do know that there are a couple of websites that do and do it for free.

What is the url of the website?

Quote Originally Posted by pcwork View Post
    What is the url of the website?
    Ummmmm add a .com and you got it? You know that already though.. interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket#9 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows about homejobstop, do they really sceen potential employers for scams, or are they part of the problem...
    Rocket#9, I don't know if they actually screen employers or not, but I have heard about this site, some people said that many of the jobs listed on their site can be found online free on other job sites such as monster.com and careerbuilder etc.

pcwork, I think the url is homejobstop.com - there are no homejobstop.net or homejobstop.info...

Personally my opinion is: you should NEVER EVER have to pay to get access to work at home jobs. Therefore I consider this company to be a scam. I have known real places that you can access for FREE to get REAL work at home jobs. I used to work for one called AOP (Associated Order Processors) last year and the pay was great. I don't think they're hiring right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket#9 View Post
    Yes, HomeJobStop is legit, but I agree you should try to find your jobs for free.

People have completely confused the mantra of "never pay for a job" with "never pay for a legitimate database of pre-screened jobs".

FlexJobs, TJobs, HomeJobStop, TeleworkRecruiting are all legitimate paid databases.

Several of them, including HomeJobStop are even listed on the United States Department of State website right here:
    http://www.state.gov/m/fsi/tc/79980.htm

...of course with the requisite legal disclaimer that "listing them does not mean they are endorsed".

But I've seen the number of quality free telecommuting job lead resources growing over the past fix months so the paid databases may have had their day now.

That being said, for some reason the major news media seems to love interviewing the people behind FlexJobs.com - I haven't checked them in a long time, but they are actually one of the more expensive paid telecommuting lead databases.
    Last edited by justtoomuchtime; 06-25-2009 at 01:44 PM.

Can someone give me there opinion of homejobstop?

I am just curious if anyone knows anything about them

I can tell you from experience. Homejobstop is not a scam. I think it was $18. I paid for this about 4 yrs ago. I found my last 2 jobs through homejobstop. They are legit jobs working from home. What I like is that they are not these "get rich quick jobs". Some of them are normal everyday 9 to 5 jobs. Worked for West Corporation for 2 yrs and due to the project finishing, had to move to another job. For West, I answered calls for Sprint, taking payments and making payment arrangements. I then got a job at Sykes. Now for Sykes, I take calls for AT&T as a customer service rep. I did not realize or at least don't remember this but apparently, the $18. I spent was for using the sight for a lifetime. This was money well spent and think very highly of this site. I know that if I am ever out of a job, I can quickly go into this website w/same user ID and password and just find another job at home. I am currently trying to find an IT job for my son to be able to work at home.

I just answered someone else on homejobstop. This is one of the few that is definitely not a scam. I searched and searched home jobs and took a chance on a couple. Lost some money there. Took a chance on homejobstop and paid $18. Finally not a "get rich quick" site. I think very highly of this website. You go in and pick the category of the job you are looking for. I always choose customer service. When you enter your state, it will give you a list of all home jobs you can work in your state. I found a job working for West. At West, I answered calls for Sprint, taking payments and making payment arrangements. I did this a little over 2 years. Sprint changed their system and it was no longer feasible to have at home workers. I then looked again for a new job in homejobstop and found a job working for Sykes. For Sykes I take calls for AT&t as a customer service rep. Apparently when I paid those $18. it is for life because I registered about 4 years ago and every time I go back in, I am still able to. I am currently searching for an IT job for my son who would also like to work at home. I mentioned Sykes earlier, if customer service is what you are looking for, you can visit their website at Sykes.com. If you don't like customer service you can find a lot of other categories on the homejobstop website. I wish you well.