+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Make that 11 replies that show that the left could care less that their elected officials make America look bad to the world, by making up phony statistics.

Just another day at the office for the libs.

Is that what this thread was all about? How the "left" makes America look bad????? Thats funny.:D

Don't you think invading a soverign nation without cause makes America look bad? How about condoning torture, spitting on the Geneva Conventions, and dissolving more international treaties than any president in US history? Do you think that makes America look bad?
    Maybe you just conveniently forgot that it was the GOP that set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest this President (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind. And you have the pomposity to bring up misquoted poll numbers??? You boys really have nothing more than this???????? How truly sad the GOP has become. Can you find anything more petty. Grim. Or is this as low as you go? :D
    Last edited by UserName; 12-19-2006 at 02:05 AM.

Oh I get it now UserName...

You think America is bad, so therefore, liberals like Senator Kennedy are free to make up anything they want to that makes America look bad. I see now.

Since you believe America is a bad country, guys like Ted Kennedy making up lies about us can't possibly make us look any worse than you already see us as being... So he has your liberal blessing to make up anything he wants to.

In your eyes, its like making up some story that Hitler was a shoplifter. Got it UserName.

Hmmmmm... Forgot he is a liberal, so there's a good chance he sees Hitler as a hero.... so I apologize if you took offense at the Hitler comment.
    Last edited by Grim17; 12-19-2006 at 02:30 AM.

Oh I get it now UserName...

You think America is bad, so therefore, liberals like Senator Kennedy are free to make up anything they want to that makes America look bad. I see now.

Since you believe America is a bad country, guys like Ted Kennedy making up lies about us can't possibly make us look any worse than you already see us as being... So he has your liberal blessing to make up anything he wants to.

Got it UserName.

No, you think Americans are bad. I constantly see you lying about Democrats, cursing anyone who doesn't agree with Bush, maligning soldiers who speak up and slamming American heroes like Jimmy Carter. You simply hate all Americans.
    If you hate Americans so much, why not move back to Mexico?

My statement;

If they are politicians (including but not isolating Teddy), they are lying, period! If they intend on staying in office it is their duty to be misleading, manipulative, and/or a con artist capable of stretching the truth in a self-serving manner, so it as equally beneficial to themselves and the party they serve!

As far as the Heritage Foundation? They are a republican think tank that adjusts the figures to suit their cause, and that cause is to ignore the facts, common sense or logic so they can convince people like you Grim, to vote republican so they can get richer!

The truest thing I ever read from the Heritage Foundation was at the beginning of one of their propaganda articles, they assured the reader to keep in mind that if you torture a statistic long enough it will admit to anything you want it too! In the rest of the article they did exactly that!!!

Grim;
    I tell you what 12pack, you go to this article from the Heritage Foundation and you find proof that the statistics they quote are not correct, and I will retract this post. You can find the links to the statistics they quote here.

Happy hunting.
    Please don’t make me read that whole silly nonsense again? Can I just cover the first part? So you get the jist of it? Thanks?

Poverty is an important and emotional issue. Last year, the Census Bureau released its annual report on poverty in the United States declaring that there were nearly 35 million poor persons living in this country in 2002, a small increase from the preceding year. To understand poverty in America, it is important to look behind these numbers--to look at the actual living conditions of the individuals the government deems to be poor.
    This paragraph starts off telling us that poverty is important and emotional, but in closing, allow us the opportunity to mislead you?

First off and most foremost please keep in mind that this statistic represents people who “earn” $1750.00 or less a year! It does not include people who are on government sustenance programs such as welfare, SS, Meidcare/caide, etc… etc… NO? Maybe you will believe, I don’t know, maybe the Heritage Foundation?

Rea Hederman, a senior policy analyst in the Center for Data Analysis at the Heritage Foundation, wrote,
    The official poverty measure counts only monetary income. It considers antipoverty programs such as food stamps, housing assistance, the Earned Income Tax Credit, Medicaid and school lunches, among others, "in-kind benefits" -- and hence not income. So, despite everything these programs do to relieve poverty, they aren't counted as income when Washington measures the poverty rate.
    So right off the bat your “article” is to say the least misleading if not an out and out lie! Shall I go on?

For most Americans, the word "poverty" suggests destitution: an inability to provide a family with nutritious food, clothing, and reasonable shelter.
    But of course that is not the actual definition, the government uses in this statistic?

But only a small number of the 35 million persons classified as "poor" by the Census Bureau fit that description.
    Unless you include health care costs as a necessity, for the individual as well as a public health care issue? Then the cost on average, are stressed for people who make as much as $25,000.00 annually, or more.

While real material hardship certainly does occur, it is limited in scope and severity. Most of America's "poor" live in material conditions that would be judged as comfortable or well-off just a few generations ago. Today, the expenditures per person of the lowest-income one-fifth (or quintile) of households equal those of the median American household in the early 1970s, after adjusting for inflation.

Yea people who are considered poor today were considered median income 30 years ago? What will they be in another 30 years? Did you know that the program of “welfare reform” which was originally devised to eliminate welfare, is happy with the fact that only 30-50% of the people on welfare have jobs, and the present administration is “happy to report that 70% (maybe more ) will be working in 2008, and will ‘still’ have the need to collect government sustenance to provide the basic of necesities???

Oh hell I gone this far I might as well go on?

The following are facts about persons defined as "poor" by the Census Bureau, taken from various government reports:

Forty-six percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.
    Did you know that there are millionaires who are represented here? The statistic doesn’t include the well off who are retired and provide themselves, let’s call it an allowance, or a fixed income to those who are financially secure! The statistics DO NOT INCLUDE ASSETTS, ONLY TAXABLE INCOME! The largest part of the legal population is old people? Do you ever go outside? You can walk without that monitor, I know you can??

Seventy-six percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, 30 years ago, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
    You cannot compare the poverty level of 30 years ago with today? It already didn’t work above??

Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.
    Yep all them old millionaires living on fixed incomes, in mansions covers that result??

The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)
    You can’t compare living conditions from 2 different countries, with different economies traditions and values? The poverty level is set and established by the society one lives in? Of course our standard of living should be higher? We live in the greatest nation on the planet, with cost of living to match! Need I say more?

Nearly three-quarters of poor households own a car; 30 percent own two or more cars.
    And most of them have a job? Most households are also made up of two or more incomes as well??

Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.
    Are you kidding me? Most people on welfare have a TV? This is just ridiculous nonsense? It doesn’t even equate to the level of BULL**** except people like you keep spreading it around?

Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.
    What do you expect people with a limited income to do, sit in their cardboard box with the lights off until it’s time to go help some rich person make more money??

Seventy-three percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and a third have an automatic dishwasher.
    Those sorry bastards? Obviously the elite are being to generous to the peasants?

As a group, America's poor are far from being chronically undernourished. The average consumption of protein, vitamins, and minerals is virtually the same for poor and middle-class children and, in most cases, is well above recommended norms. Poor children actually consume more meat than do higher-income children and have average protein intakes 100 percent above recommended levels. Most poor children today are, in fact, supernourished and grow up to be, on average, one inch taller and 10 pounds heavier that the GIs who stormed the beaches of Normandy in World War II.
    Thank goodness for Macky Dees, soda water, and school lunches?

While the poor are generally well-nourished, some poor families do experience hunger, meaning a temporary discomfort due to food shortages. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), 13 percent of poor families and 2.6 percent of poor children experience hunger at some point during the year. In most cases, their hunger is short-term. Eighty-nine percent of the poor report their families have "enough" food to eat, while only 2 percent say they "often" do not have enough to eat.
    Keeping in mind 100% of these households have an annual income?

That’s enough! You can only talk to a fence post for so long! You won’t understand because you don’t want to?

WIKI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_line
    The poverty threshold, or poverty line, is the level of income below which one cannot afford to purchase all the resources one requires to live. People who have an income below the poverty line have no discretionary disposable income, by definition. The official or common definition of "poverty line" in developed nations like the United States is much higher than in the Third World….

It is widely discussed how and where to set the poverty threshold. In practice, different countries often use different poverty thresholds. Globally, however, it is more common to use only one poverty threshold in order to compare economic welfare levels. When comparing poverty across countries, the purchasing power parity exchange rates are used. These are used because poverty levels otherwise would change with the normal exchange rates. Thus, 'living for under $1 a day' should be understood as having a daily total consumption of goods and services comparable to the amount of goods and services that can be bought in the U.S. for $1. Self-produced goods and public services are included in this measure.

…Almost all societies have some citizens living in poverty. The poverty threshold is useful as an economic tool with which to measure such people and consider socioeconomic reforms such as welfare and unemployment insurance to reduce poverty.
    Determining the poverty line is usually done by finding the total cost of all the essential resources that an average human adult consumes in one year. This approach is needs-based in that an assessment is made of the minimum expenditure needed to maintain a tolerable life. This was the original basis of the poverty line in the United States, whose poverty threshold has since been raised due to inflation.
    Your using a misleading article to disprove a misleading statement, You should be proud?

Lie-

1. A falsehood uttered or acted for the purpose of deception; an intentional violation of truth; an untruth spoken with the intention to deceive.

The proper notion of a lie is an endeavoring to deceive another by signifying that to him as true, which we ourselves think not to be so. --S. Clarke.

It is willful deceit that makes a lie. A man may act a lie, as by pointing his finger in a wrong direction when a traveler inquires of him his road. --Paley.

2. A fiction; a fable; an untruth. --Dryden.

3. Anything which misleads or disappoints.
    Grim your a disappointment? :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by UserName
    At least these people have the guts to show how stupid your threads are. I notice you avoid their threads like the true coward you, and most conservatives, truly are. :D
    Obviously, the little weasel doesn't even have the intellectual honesty to read any of the many rebuttals to his delusional psycho babble.....since he keeps posting the same retarded drivel over and over again.

But, I guess intellectual honesty implies some kind of intellect to start with.

If he had that, he would just go ahead and put himself on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sixpack
    That’s enough! You can only talk to a fence post for so long! You won’t understand because you don’t want to?

Your using a misleading article to disprove a misleading statement, You should be proud?

Well..actually, not quite. He won't understand because he's a moron. There's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sixpack

You're falling into his trap. The mission: Tie up as many people as possible with such wanton, garish idiocy and mind numbing, mentally vacuous, nonsensical puke that they will waste precious time with angry and futile rebuttals, thereby, exhausting energies which could, otherwise, be invested in saving The Republic.
    Last edited by dchristie; 12-19-2006 at 08:12 AM.

Make that 11 replies that show that the left could care less that their elected officials make America look bad to the world, by making up phony statistics.

Just another day at the office for the libs.

And how about you Grim.How long have you been denying the lies of G.Bush and his administration and of your own party?
    Ill say it again catching a politician in a lie on either side of the fence is like waking up in the morning or breathing.What would you like us to do?Should we be outraged?Should we oust him for lying to get kids fed?Do you want a cookie?
    And how does a lie about the number of hungry children in the US compare to the lies that have killed thousands of soldiers and countless Iraqi civilians in your mind?
    But here to make you feel better.
    That lying Fat a** P.O.S.Kennedy.Who the F*** does he think he is?Who did he think he was fooling?Doesnt he know there are people like you who are gonna catch him in his lying ways?He should burn in h-e-double hockey sticks for trying to prey on my compassions for hungry children.He was probably including himself and the cost to feed him in his numbers.He should try being hungry for a day.If he gave up half of what he eats every week to the kids we wouldnt have to worry about it anymore because it wouldnt be the problem he is claiming it to be!!!!!

Hope this is more satisfactory.

Hey 12pack, I challenged you to prove that the Heritage foundation used phony statistics and you failed miserably.

You did not show one statistic that contradicted what they published, yet you seem to believe you somehow discredited them... Why is that?

Here's the bottom line there 12pack:

Ted Kennedy lied his a$$ off by saying that there were 25 times more people in America that go to bed hungry than the statistics support, and the main stream media and the liberal left not only ignore this lie that slanders America, they embrace it.

I proved that the "article" was misleading and doesn't include the very people it insinuates it represents! It's mixing apples and oranges and calling them bananas?? But you will still use it for the exact purpose it was created, to mislead!!

The article doesn't cover people who are destitute and without the capabilities to provide basic necessities, because they are not represented in the idiotic "article" in the first place? They are exempt from the governments definition, according to the Heritage Foundation themselves, therefore they by their own admission, are creating bogus results from the numbers establishing a false conclusion?

In your eyes, Kennedy lied about hungry people, but neither of you have provided proof for the actual numbers that were quoted or what the actual numbers are? You are simply arguing his lie with another misinterpreted, baseless lie? What has his lie cost us anyway? I am not aware of anything, because only the voters of Mass. seem to take Teddy serious? I certainly do not? Do you have a link on what his lie has cost us so far??? When his lie gets to the level of costing tax payers 1/1000000000th of the cost of the lies that led us into Iraq, then I will see reason for concern? Until then it's simply politics? And politicians LIE!

TheWorker Guest

Hey 12pack, I challenged you to prove that the Heritage foundation used phony statistics and you failed miserably.

You did not show one statistic that contradicted what they published, yet you seem to believe you somehow discredited them... Why is that?

Here's the bottom line there 12pack:

Ted Kennedy lied his a$$ off by saying that there were 25 times more people in America that go to bed hungry than the statistics support, and the main stream media and the liberal left not only ignore this lie that slanders America, they embrace it.
    WHO CARES GRIM???? WHAT DOES THIS MATTER???? CAN YOU PROVE HE "LIED", OR MAYBE HE JUST HAD "FAULTY INTELLIGENCE".

"FAULTY INTELLIGENCE".
    lol I love it!!!

can You Prove He "lied", or Maybe He Just Had "faulty Intelligence".
    :D Yep always best to blame the messenger? :D
    Last edited by Joe Sixpack; 12-20-2006 at 02:49 AM. Reason: What happened to the smileys???