+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 30

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

    According to the USDA, 13 million households, containing 36 million people, reported that at least one household member was food insecure in a recent year. “Food insecure” means that such households at some time during the year were uncertain of having, or unable to acquire, enough food for all their members because they had insufficient money or other resources."

    Robert Rector of the Heritage Foundation is an expert on these issues. Here's what he recently wrote on the subject:

    "While hunger due to a lack of financial re-sources does occur in the United States, it is limited in scope and duration. According to the USDA, on a typical day, fewer than one American in 200 will experience hunger due to a lack of money to buy food."

    In a country of 300 million, that means something less than 1.5 million people, with one third of them being children.


    *


    Now with the facts in hand, guess what that lying democratic idiot from Massachusetts, Senator Ted Kennedy just said today in an interview with Chris Wallace?

    He said quote:

    "We have 36 million Americans that are going to bed hungry every night. 36 million Americans! And 12 million of those are children!"

    Here's the video if you think I'm taking him out of context.
    http://204.10.109.225/iraq/2006-12-17FNCFNSKennedy.wmv

    Now why would he do this... I mean lie like that on national television? Well, to try and save his a$$... Thats why. Chris Wallace had Ted Kennedy cornered. The Fox News Sunday host displayed Kennedy's 1995 bitter condemnation of welfare reform: "legislative child abuse . . . let them eat cake." As Wallace began to reference the statement, Kennedy blustered "this is 2006" - as if his past misjudgments are irrelevant though he palpably has learned nothing from them.

    Wallace made the point that, contrary to Kennedy's dire predictions, the employment rate among unmarried women has soared and the child poverty rate has dropped. He put it to Kennedy: "hasn't welfare reform worked?" Fighting back, the senior senator from Massachusetts claimed that Wallace's numbers on child poverty "are absolutely wrong," asserting there has been an increase in the number of children living in poverty in the United States. He then dropped this bomb: "We have 36 million Americans that are going to bed hungry every night. 36 million Americans! And 12 million of those are children!"

    Will the main stream media or the left say a word about his lie? We all know they won't, because partisanship always trumps the truth in the liberal ideology.

    .
    Last edited by Grim17; 12-18-2006 at 03:22 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,840

    Re: Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

    they are going hungry because BS BUSH TEAM cut the food stamp programs and has sent the money to the murdering Israeli gov. like billions like $9 billion I have read that .... yes children go to bed hungry. that stupid congress the greedy lying scums give them self a 30,000 raise and people who work those minimum wages at 5.15 dollars how do they pay the rent, electric, heat, car expenses gas, school supplies etc. what comes first the rent, then what foods. millions a day have no more jobs because of NAFTA this was implemented so the american would be poor and starving to death to bring in depopulation, that is why this corrupt gov cut off food stamps. welfare programs. not everyone can work, they get disabled. jobs are goin to the 3rd world countries, and people have lost their jobs and have no other jobs in town. BUSH is a criminal

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,840

    Re: Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

    Lou Dobbs wrote a book, the war on the middle class, soon they will be poor too. The new world order is coming soon, sit there and do nothing Vaccination time soon ahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,682

    Re: Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

    Since 1999, food insecurity has increased by 3 million households, including 1.4 million households with children. In 2004, 38.2 million people lived in households experiencing food insecurity, compared to 33.6 million in 2001 and 31 million in 1999. See FRAC's Press Release and a link to the full report: Household Food Security in the United States, 2004.

    The prevalence of food insecurity declined from 11.9 percent of households in 2004 to 11.0 percent in 2005, while the prevalence of very low food security remained unchanged at 3.9 percent. Here's that report.

    Now, doesn't it make you wonder why insecurity remained static while out-and-out hunger dropped by a percent? There's a real debate there.

    Why use The Heritage Foundation's stats when you can get it from the source? Oh, because it's cherrypicking. It ignores that poverty, hunger and economic disparity are on the rise, and are becoming increasing factors on the next election cycle. Of course, you'll never hear that on Neil Cavuto, now will you?

    Why turn a disturbing reality into a pointless partisan nitpick about statistics? Because then you don't have to tackle the real issue.
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 12-18-2006 at 03:54 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    mighigan
    Posts
    384

    Re: Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

    Some things are unavoidable like death and taxes.I can understand being short on cash and not being able to keep the lights on or propane in the tank or if things get to bad even losing the roof over your head.But lack of food?Perhaps its different in other places but here where I live there are food banks.If I fell on hard times and needed to stock my cupboards I could go to anyone of the many in the area and have no problem getting the assistance I needed.And what about family?What ever happened to family helping out family?My family would never allow my children to go hungry.
    I am for emergency assistance.Unpredictable stuff happens and if you pay your taxes I certainly feel you are entitled to some help now and then if truly in need.But I think people need to move out of this mentality that If we cant do it for ourselves then someone OUGHT to do for us.Back in the day people used to grow their own food.Whats happened to gardens?You can even have a garden in the city.People used to can,dry and eventually freeze the food they grew.Is it such a crazy thing these days that someone that may be on tight or fixed budget grow some of their own food and perhaps even store a little for later when they may be in need?I mean even if you cant have an actual garden in the ground there are still plenty that can be grown in containers.The price and yield of a pack of seeds is nothing compared to the price you would pay for the same in a super market.If you lived in the right area you may even consider picking up a chicken or two.Also there are places that you can buy cows.I have never done it but my parents have.They bought a whole cow it was kept on some farm somewhere and when the time came it was slaughtered and all they had to do was pick up the meat.Im not sure what the price tag on that was but the savings were like half what they would have paid at the local meat market or super market.What about hunting?The price of a license and permit arent much in comparison to the potential game yield.
    There are a million things people can do to improve their independence and or to save money.Which when money is tight and food is short these are the things that people should be looking to do.
    It would seem we really have moved so far from our natural selves that we dont even have it in us to survive on our own anymore.Food has become this thing you only find at stores to buy with green paper.How is that?Why is that?Im not suggesting that we give all this up and go back to the hunting and gathering only days,but some sort of happy medium.Minimally we need to be able to provide ourselves with our basic needs.If you cannot do this consistently than there is a problem and it isnt solved by looking to our government for welfare or better jobs or more money.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    Re: Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

    I love how not one of you libs said a word about Ted Kennedy and his lie...

    Just as I predicted, you people could care less that Ted Kennedy said that 25 times as many children go to bed hungry in the United States than the facts support. Just another day at the office to you people.

    .

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,682

    Re: Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    I love how not one of you libs said a word about Ted Kennedy and his lie...

    Just as I predicted, you people could care less that Ted Kennedy said that 25 times as many children go to bed hungry in the United States than the facts support. Just another day at the office to you people.

    .
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    Why turn a disturbing reality into a pointless partisan nitpick about statistics? Because then you don't have to tackle the real issue.
    Lather, rinse, repeat. Ad nauseam.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,548

    Re: Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy
    they are going hungry because BS BUSH TEAM cut the food stamp programs and has sent the money to the murdering Israeli gov. like billions like $9 billion I have read that ....
    How can the Bush team cut any program? If you check the constitution you'll see that only the congress has control over funds, cutting them or allocating them. It amazes me how many in this country don't realize some of the basic principles on which we base our laws, spend money, raise or lower taxes and create policy.

  9. #9
    TheWorker Guest

    Re: Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    I love how not one of you libs said a word about Ted Kennedy and his lie...

    Just as I predicted, you people could care less that Ted Kennedy said that 25 times as many children go to bed hungry in the United States than the facts support. Just another day at the office to you people.

    .
    you are right, i couldnt care less that Kennedy got his numbers wrong on hungery children...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    mighigan
    Posts
    384

    Re: Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    I love how not one of you libs said a word about Ted Kennedy and his lie...

    Just as I predicted, you people could care less that Ted Kennedy said that 25 times as many children go to bed hungry in the United States than the facts support. Just another day at the office to you people.

    .
    Politicians lie or twist the truth every day.It really makes no difference what side of the fence they are on.What ever they need to say,whatever facts they need to tweek,the only thing that matters to them is pushing through with whatever agenda they may have at the moment.And what better way than starving kids right here in the good ol US of A.
    I got your point.Its just old news.And to act all high and mighty because you caught some dem.with his chubby hand in the cookie jar is just silly to me.Especially when the other party you apparently support has crumbs all over their faces.
    Personally I found the subject of the lie to be a more interesting debate.I would think you as a conservative would have an opinion on it as well.Or are you just to busy singing nanananabooboo to all the T.Kennedy supporters here at scam because there are apparently so many of us who are just waiting to defend the fat man crying about starving kids.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,123

    Re: Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

    If they are politicians (including but not isolating Teddy), they are lying, period! If they intend on staying in office it is their duty to be misleading, manipulative, and/or conartist capable of stretching the truth in a self-serving manner, so it as equally beneficial to themselves and the party they serve!

    As far as the Heritage Foundation? They are a republican think tank that adjusts the figures to suit their cause, and that cause is to ignore the facts, common sense or logic so they can convince people like you Grim, to vote republican so they can get richer!

    The truest thing I ever read from the Heritage Foundation was at the beginning of one of their propaganda articles, they assured the reader to keep in mind that if you torture a statistic long enough it will admit to anything you want it too! In the rest of the article they did exactly that!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    Re: Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sixpack
    As far as the Heritage Foundation? They are a republican think tank that adjusts the figures to suit their cause, and that cause is to ignore the facts, common sense or logic so they can convince people like you Grim, to vote republican so they can get richer!
    I tell you what 12pack, you go to this article from the Heritage Foundation and you find proof that the statistics they quote are not correct, and I will retract this post. You can find the links to the statistics they quote here.

    Happy hunting.

    .

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bristol, Connecticut
    Posts
    223

    Re: Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

    does it really matter if the stats are right or wrong? or even if he lied?
    One child going to bed hungry in the United States is too many.

    It's sure better then lying to yourself, and ignoring the problem exists.




    THE HERITAGE FOUNDATION > About Us

    Our Mission
    Founded in 1973, The Heritage Foundation is a research and educational institute - a think tank - whose mission is to formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense.


    http://www.heritage.org/about/
    Last edited by cheech; 12-18-2006 at 10:50 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    Re: Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

    I love it!

    Ten replies and not one of them addresses Kennedy and his lies.

    The man overstates the number of people that go to bed hungry every night in America by 34.5 million people... Nearly 25 times more than statistics show, but nobody seems to care that Kennedy is depicting America as a cold hearted country that lets the equivalent of every single person in the states of Alaska, Virginia, Colorado, Arizona, Georgia, Connecticut, Alabama, Hawaii and Idaho go to bed hungry every night.

    I guess the left has grown used to having America depicted as "evil" by their people in this way, and it's just no big deal to them at all. Like I said, just another day at the office for Washington democrats.

    .

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,578

    Re: Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Ten replies and not one of them addresses Kennedy and his lies.
    .
    At least these people have the guts to show how stupid your threads are. I notice you avoid their threads like the true coward you, and most conservatives, truly are. :D

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    Re: Kennedy and the facts: Like oil and water... They just don't mix

    Make that 11 replies that show that the left could care less that their elected officials make America look bad to the world, by making up phony statistics.

    Just another day at the office for the libs.

    .

Similar Threads

  1. Filter Water Now / Genesis Water
    By igothosed in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 08:46 AM
  2. HHO Water for gas
    By Noxqus in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 04:58 PM
  3. Water car
    By Sharky in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 03:01 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 03:37 PM
  5. Must Be Something in the Water
    By sojustask in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 03:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
000, 2001, 2008, acted, admit, adult, ages, america, american, annual, another, article, artist, asset, avoid, aware, based, basic, bastards, bed, benefits, bit, blame, bogus, bomb, bot, bull, bur, bureau, cable, cake, capabilities, care, cars, cash, caught, center, cer, chance, child abuse, children, chris, citizens, class, collect, coming, comparison, conartist, conditioning, condo, conveniently, cost, costs, couldn, countries, cover, coward, credit, day, death, department, description, disturbing, doesn, don, dont, dry, due, elec, electio, electric, eliminate, eme, emergency, essential, experience, expert, facts, families, fat, faulty, fed, figures, financial, financially, find, fla, food stamps, formula, foundation, funds, gas, gonna, gop, green, ground, group, guys, hasn, hats, head, hell, helping, hey, high, higher, huma, human, hunger, ial, ice, idiot, important, include, individuals, insurance, international, isn, issues, jimmy, kennedy, kidding, liberal, liberals, license, lie, lied, line, lived, living, local, london, long, los, love, lying, mankind, market, mass, massachusetts, mea, media, medicaid, members, mentally, million, millions, mind, minerals, monetary, move, nation, national, nations, needed, neil, notice, numbers, office, oil, opportunity, org, ovens, owned, paper, patio, people, person, pet, plane, policies, policy, politician, poor, pos, post, potential, pounds, power, predicted, presiden, price, pro, public, raise, real, reality, reason, reasonable, record, reform, release, released, rent, research, rise, rooms, sad, secure, sen, serve, services, ship, short, show, simply, small, soo, source, spreading, start, starts, states, statistic, statistics, stats, stock, story, stream, stupid, super, support, taken, taxes, thread, threads, times, tme, torture, total, town, trap, twist, united, united states, url, vcr, vince, waiting, welfare, won, word, worked, working, world, worldwide, year

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •