+ Reply to Thread

Thread: scam or legit

scam or legit

Does anybody know anything about a company called Augustis.? I tried something like this but luckily had this checked, money that I received that I was supposed to cash and send them money, was a complete fraud. I turned all materials to the bank. I am hesitant about this. I would like to just get these types of people off the internet

Augustis was founded in 1999 by Chairman, Peter Wood, to offer competitive
    insurance cover for drivers and homeowners by using the internet as our primary sales channel. Mr Wood pioneered the direct selling of insurance over the telephone back in 1985, when he launched Direct Line. With Augustis, his aim was to go a step further and harness the efficiency of the internet to give a better deal to responsible drivers and homeowners.
    Our site is www.augustis.net Job offer: Project coordinator, commission salary 8 % Description: Immediate transfers between clients and Augustis company.
    You can earn up to 1000-2000 USD per week, if you do 2-3 transfers daily.

No start-up fees are required form your part.

We are interested in contracting new skilled employees to process more deals

Re: scam or legit

Most of the checks are fake, you lose money

It sounds like a version of the money transfer scam or over payment scam.

They have a scotland address. If it is legal, and you're living in the US you would not qualify.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

Oh, disregard my above post. This is a job offer.- not insurance offer.

Yes, a version of the over payment or money transfer scam.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

Thanks, that is what I thought.

Re: scam or legit - Augustis

Quote Originally Posted by solidwork
    Oh, disregard my above post. This is a job offer.- not insurance offer.

Yes, a version of the over payment or money transfer scam.

Hello,

I keep receiving emails from this company also. The person's whose name claims to be the Staff Manager is Alice Peiner. They state they got my info. from Careebuilder. I must get at least 3 emails from them a day. They also reference another website called get-insured.info

What is a "over payment scam"?

Quote Originally Posted by cjsode
    Thanks, that is what I thought.

Hi,

I just read your post on Augustis. I have been getting several emails from them daily. They are most likely a scam but the way they present their job offer seems kind of legit. Howevever, anyone asking you to use your bank account to transfer (wire) money into sounds quite fishy. Do you think so?

Please let me know if you find out anything else about this company.

Below is my recent communication with them. I asked them the following questions. I will post their response if I get one:

What are the services/products your company provides?

What line of business is your company in?

Why do you need transfer agents? Why can't your clients send you money by Western Union or Money Gram themselves?

Is there someone that can call me now?

Iris

[email protected] wrote:

Hello
    We are glad to give you more details about this job.
    We are interested in finding a project coordinator in your city.
    Vacancy of project coordinator will be open till December, 31.

Our company has contacts with clients from many countries. That's why we are interested in having project coordinators in your country.

The work scheme is the following.
    1. The client pays by wire transfer for ordered services to coordinator's account.
    2. We inform the coordinator beforehand about the transfer.
    3. The coordinator goes to the bank to withdraw the funds and sends the payment to the supplier by Western Union or Money Gram.
    Your commission is 8 (per cent) for each deal.
    You can earn up to 1,500 - 2,000 USD per week, if you proceed 2-3 transfers daily

All the costs connected with this activity are included in the transfer you receive from our client [bank, WESTERN UNION's, and other fees]. You will get money transfers including your salary weekly. The amount of your salary depends on the results of your work.

If you are interested just fill in the employment agreement attached to this e-mail and send it in MS Word (*.doc file).

You must take into your consideration that your work will be connected with real money and real clients that is why we need exact information from you.

YOU'LL NEED A MOBILE PHONE FOR WORK

If you don't have it, then you may buy the most simple one which is easy to use for work, so that we will be able to contact you any time. It will cost you about $ 50-100. Then inform us about these costs and we will compensate them including this amount to your first salary.

We need to be in constant contact with you, that's why you mustn't use the automatic voice message system. Our clients pay us for fast service, that's why you get such a high salary. We need to be able to contact you any time if there are some questions connected with work.

If you have corporate or business bank account you can transfer more.
    If you are ready to become a member of the team just fill in the contract and send it back to this email.
    We'll send you an email with additional details and call you if you get your first task.

--
    Best regards,
    Alice Steer
    staff manager

----------------------------------------

>> Hello,
    >>
    >> Is your organization real or a scam?
    >>
    >> If you can send me proof that it is legitimate, I might consider in
    >> applying.
    >>
    >> Thank you,
    >>
    >> Iris

Augustis.net is a copy of a legitimate UK insurance website called esure which was founded by Peter Wood:
    http://esure.com

http://www.esure.com/es_info_esure_story.htm
    About esure
    esure was founded in 1999 by Chairman, Peter Wood, to offer competitive insurance cover for drivers and homeowners by using the internet as our primary sales channel. Mr Wood pioneered the direct selling of insurance over the telephone back in 1985, when he launched Direct Line. With esure, his aim was to go a step further and harness the efficiency of the internet to give a better deal to responsible drivers and homeowners.

From the outset, our goal was to offer superior service - on both the internet and phone - while using technologically advanced systems and underwriting to keep premiums low.

In just a few years, esure has become one of the fastest growing insurers ever, with over 1 million customers joining us before our 5th birthday. The company was nominated for a National Business Award in 2003 and we have received numerous other accolades for the quality of our cover and online services.

esure has been a corporate sponsor of the British Museum since 2002 and we work with the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister as a partner to the nationwide Fire Kills campaign
    The augustis.net website is bogus and the job offer is definitely a SCAM.

Blanche

Thank you so much Blanche for your confirmation that this is a scam. This person by the Sara D. sends me about 6 emails a day.

They should be reported.

Iris