+ Reply to Thread

Sun Standard Financial???

Hi. My husband received 2 phone calls from the above company on his cell phone. They stated that we were eligible to recieve a Federal Grant for $7000.00 but needed to pay a processing fee of $359.00. Fortunately my husband called me first and gave me the phone number that came up on his caller id. I called the number several different times and it states number is not a working number.
    If anyone knows anything about this company please let me know.

Thanks!
    Julie Roth

Re: Sun Standard Financial???

This type of advanced fee scam has been around for some time:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/grant_scam.html

http://www.fraudguides.com/federal_grant_scam.asp

If these people call again just put the phone down.

There is no processing fees for Federal grants.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

Hi. I also received a phone call from a company named Sun Standard Financial. I was given the same information, that I would receive 7000.00 for a cost of living grant through the government if I too paid a processing fee of $359.00. I was told that the money would be taken out of my checking account and 21-28 days later $7000.00 would be deposited into my account. I was given a number to call, customer service. I called the number and questioned the representative as to why I saw their name on scam.com. The representative told me that they are an independent company and that is why they do not have a web site, and the reason they are on scam.com maybe because people get confused about what it is their business does. She told me if I felt uncomfortable that I could cancel at any time before the money was deducted. She also said that there is no processing fee if you file for a grant on your own, but they charge 359.00 because they are filing all of the paperwork. The phone number I was given is 866-654-6750. Also, when I called, someone answered the phone saying "Thank you for calling, please hold." When they came back on the line, I asked her who I was calling and she said the Customer Service Line for Sun Standard Financial. I was also given a verification number during the initial phone call. I am not sure what to believe?????

The Federal government do not give out Cost of Living Grants. If you were told that it is a scam.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

I was also given a verification number during the initial phone call. I am not sure what to believe?????
    In addition to what previous poster said. Did they ask you for your signature? You have to put tons of signatures on any Federal Grant papers. That should have alerted you.

Regrettably you has been scammed. Federal Government does give some money to poor. But it is hard to qualify. For example if you are 65 or older and do not have any Social Security money earned, you could be put on SSI. The same could be told for disabled and invalids. If you are eligible you are better off hiring SSI/Disability Lawyer. Also, if you are senior citizen you can get up to $850 for household owner/renter rebate(in my state). And you probably know about Medicate/Medicare/Foodstamps.

I was told that the money would be taken out of my checking account and 21-28 days later $7000.00 would be deposited into my account.
    I would close your checking account. There is a real chance that they can get into your account too.
    Last edited by borisf96; 01-05-2007 at 09:12 AM.