+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time zones

Time zones

Why is my time so messed up? when i set it to where it should be it shows the next day by about 9 hours..

Re: Time zones

J - I feel your pain. I have not been able to "fix the clock" either. The best I could do was "right hour of the day - yesterday's date. If you solve this riddle I would be glad to know how. Meanwhile, I 'll just cheer you on!
    ......................"J", "J", He's our man, if "J" can't do it, no one can!!!.................

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

I have always thought that the time change from and to 'Daylight Savings'
    was such a farce. At two times a year, humans can take an hour of time and just arbitrarily discard or include it in their time scheme.
    How can anyone take such a systems as serious! :rolleyes:
    As for time zones, I suppose that it is a way to coordinate time for the masses versus every individual having a different idea of what the time is at any given circumstance.
    In other words, I think one might say that it makes our time objective rather than subjective for the masses.

very poetic, my friend - but can you set my clock for me?

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    My Feet are 'Long-fellows'; size 12D! :D

Otherwise; set your clock for you? Dunno what the problem is with 'your clock' - perhaps it is time to buy a new one, if it doesn't keep accurate time? :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    My Feet are 'Long-fellows'; size 12D! :D

Otherwise; set your clock for you? Dunno what the problem is with 'your clock' - perhaps it is time to buy a new one, if it doesn't keep accurate time? :rolleyes:
    Coontie, they're talking about the time as displayed on scam. :)

Quote Originally Posted by HotParadox
    Coontie, they're talking about the time as displayed on scam. :)
    Oh, okay, thanks for the explanation... NOW I've got it! :confused:
    Think I recall some discussion in this regard in the past, but just fleetingly noticed it. I think the final conclusion and consensus was to ignore it.. for some reason nothing could be done about it.
    I presently communicate by printed message and voice with a friend in Russia. Soon with video as well. He is, I think, about 8 hours advanced from 'my' time where he is located near Moscow, Russia. We really have to work at coordinating our sessions so that we are each normally [?] awake. It seems like when he is working I am sleeping and vice versa.
    It is somewhat humorous, in an ironic way regarding time circumstances with humans. Especially when we find ourselves instantly [at the speed of light] globe hopping to communicate. Within seconds I can get a weather update for his area, perhaps ten thousand miles away. Also, present circumstances and dispositions.
    Closest any of us might ever come to 'time travel'?
    Again, about the Scam.com time; just laugh or shrug at it. That is about all we can reasonably do for anything beyond our control.
    regards! :)
    Last edited by coontie; 12-13-2006 at 07:50 PM. Reason: sp

Oh, okay, thanks for the explanation... NOW I've got it! :confused:
    Think I recall some discussion in this regard in the past, but just fleetingly noticed it. I think the final conclusion and consensus was to ignore it.. for some reason nothing could be done about it.
    I presently communicate by printed message and voice with a friend in Russia. Soon with video as well. He is, I think, about 8 hours advanced from 'my' time where he is located near Moscow, Russia. We really have to work at coordinating our sessions so that we are each normally [?] awake. It seems like when he is working I am sleeping and vice versa.
    It is somewhat humorous, in an ironic way regarding time circumstances with humans. Especially when we find ourselves instantly [at the speed of light] globe hopping to communicate. Within seconds I can get a weather update for his area, perhaps ten thousand miles away. Also, present circumstances and dispositions.
    Closest any of us might ever come to 'time travel'?
    Again, about the Scam.com time; just laugh or shrug at it. That is about all we can reasonably do for anything beyond our control.
    Hahaha. :)

...I presently communicate by printed message and voice with a friend in Russia. Soon with video as well. He is, I think, about 8 hours advanced from 'my' time where he is located near Moscow, Russia. We really have to work at coordinating our sessions so that we are each normally [?] awake. It seems like when he is working I am sleeping and vice versa.
    It is somewhat humorous, in an ironic way regarding time circumstances with humans. Especially when we find ourselves instantly [at the speed of light] globe hopping to communicate. Within seconds I can get a weather update for his area, perhaps ten thousand miles away. Also, present circumstances and dispositions....
    Julian, my friend. Do you say about me? :rolleyes:
    BTW, the time difference between Shreveport and Moscow is 9 hours but not eight... :rolleyes:
    Last edited by BiR; 12-13-2006 at 10:58 PM.

Please don't shoot the piano player, he's doing the best he can.

Author’s emoticons KOLOBOK-Style

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    No problem. I can do it... :rolleyes:

I have always thought that the time change from and to 'Daylight Savings'
    was such a farce. At two times a year, humans can take an hour of time and just arbitrarily discard or include it in their time scheme.
    How can anyone take such a systems as serious! :rolleyes:
    As for time zones, I suppose that it is a way to coordinate time for the masses versus every individual having a different idea of what the time is at any given circumstance.
    In other words, I think one might say that it makes our time objective rather than subjective for the masses.
    Julian, I always knew that you're a philosopher... :D It's wonderful! I hope someday we'll meet together and will drink a cup of vodka and beer... and then we'll speak about life...

...Closest any of us might ever come to 'time travel'?
    About "Time travel" it's a very interesting idea... It's very interesting for me too. Do you have the Time Machine? Let's fly back to the future, someday... ;)

Oh, sorry. I diverted your attention from Time Zone problem... :rolleyes:
    I've solved this problem. It's a "method of scientific pickings of own finger" ( )... For example, the clock on this forum shows me the correct time for Moscow... :rolleyes: But in my profile, I've set GMT -6 (United States and Mexico City)... ;) So, hello, neighbours... :D

Quote Originally Posted by BiR
    Julian, my friend. Do you say about me? :rolleyes:
    BTW, the time difference between Shreveport and Moscow is 9 hours but not eight... :rolleyes:
    Ohhhh... Excuseeee me! One hour, what's the difference?
    You should be a teacher, Boris... :rolleyes: :D

Quote Originally Posted by BiR
    About "Time travel" it's a very interesting idea... It's very interesting for me too. Do you have the Time Machine? Let's fly back to the future, someday... ;)
    I think it is interesting, what I mentioned about instant Moscow - Shreveport communications. Amazing when one thinks about it.
    By the way, where have you been on the Skype the last couple of days? I was wondering, thought maybe your boss was getting some work out of you for a change! :D

Ohhhh... Excuseeee me! One hour, what's the difference?
    You should be a teacher, Boris... :rolleyes: :D
    No, I'm not a teacher. I'm a hooligan.... :D :rolleyes: