+ Reply to Thread

Northbay Alliance Group Is A Fraud

My husband and I were recently contacted by a Richard Hayes the customer service manager at NorthBay Alliance Group located at 300 Central Ave, Great Falls MT, 59401. He called to tell us we were approved for a loan in the amount of $8,000 all we had to do is send the first eight months of payments or $1235 via money gram. Our credit isn't great and they were offering the loan at 6% interest so it was hard to pass up. We were faxed a contract with the promise that our money would be in our account 6 hours after we sent our initial payments. We were also told that with the money we sent we wouldn't have to make a payment until November 2007. We sent the money not to Montana but to a Demi Berk in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. I questioned Hayes about this since they were located in Montana but he explained that their company works with lenders all over the world and we were sending this money to the lender not to NorthBay's office. After finding out the money wasn't in our account I contacted Mr. Hayes back and he said because of our credit history the lender would need six more months of payments or $900 more dollars. We sent this money as well. Then five hours later I was contacted by Hayes and he informed me the lender had completely backed out of the loan but we could still obtain this loan if we sent in more money at this point I called Mr. Richard Hayes a dispicable liar and thief who had not only just stolen $2000 dollars of my family's hard earned money but had stolen it during the holiday season when money is at it's tightest and if he thought I was going to send him one more penny he was sorely mistaken. Of course, Hayes assured me that our money will be back in our account on December 27th but we know that we will never see that money again. I later went on the BBB website and it turns out the Montana address is the address of a US bank who does not house and is not at all affiliated with NorthBay Alliance Group. I have made several calls to the ftc and my local authorities and the Montana banking and financial institutions branch, at that number the Lady who answered informed me that yes this was a scam and I should contact phonebusters in Canada.
    I don't want anyone else to fall victim to this horrible injustice and that is why I am posting this message. If you have any infomation about this issue please call the federal trade commision, 877-382-4357, phonebusters(Canada's version of the ftc), 888-495-8501, and your state attorney general.
    Maybe if enough people come forward we can find these monsters who feel no remorse for stealing the money that the honest, decent citizens of the world work so hard for.

This isn't fair and it isn't right and it has to be stopped.

I realize that finding these people and getting any of my family's money back is most likely never going to happen but if my message keeps one person from falling victim to this horrible crime I'll be satisfied.

Re: Northbay Alliance Group Is A Fraud

larkat,
    I just had the same experience with United Heritage Credit Union. My loan was for 50,000 and I ended up losing 3,800 including western union fees. The authorities said the chances of ever getting that money back are slim to none. Just so you know, you're not alone.

larkat,
    I just had the same experience with United Heritage Credit Union. My loan was for 50,000 and I ended up losing 3,800 including western union fees. The authorities said the chances of ever getting that money back are slim to none. Just so you know, you're not alone. The worst part is that it was a business loan and I was using my last resources in desperation.

I am another victim of Northbay Alliance Group.
    I am going to report this to FBI

I hope they can get the them

I understand were you are comming from, they did it to me on the 24th of this month, I put everything i got into it. There are more thing that can be done though. I wrote an E-Mail to the Winnipeg New station, call the Winnipeg local police (204) 986-6222, and Comercial Crime(204) 986-6231 in Canada. You sent your hard earned money to an individual named Demi Berk. Mine was Alma Solito, and I included Richard Hayes name in it. I called the Montana Police as well (406) 771-1180 and reported it. They can put out a notice to look out for people claiming the money at the Money Grams, or Western unions under those names. The more negative exposure we give them the less they will be able to do this again. Thank to this I now know that up front fees from any creditor is illegal. We might not get our money back, but I believe in Carma. They will get theirs.

Add another one to the list. Same thing happen here with Northbay