+ Reply to Thread

Pre-paid Legal, Inc.. (evil Scam)

Pre-paid Legal, Inc. is an EVIL SCAM that takes advantage of low income families and people that are not familiar with THE LAW.. I was so called "represented" by a PPL "referal attorney" (Ronald M. Canter in Los Angeles) that sat on my case and did nothing, suppressed evidence, not return emergency phone calls for incidents and ALLOWED defence clients to "HAVE THEIR WAY"... This so called scam "service" has destroyed my life EVEN MORE because of my trust in this company.. Pre-Paid Legal, Inc. collects theiur money and then IGNORES and DECLINES almost EVERY LEGAL ISSUE they can.. They write letters that go UNRESPONDED by defendents and PPL just shrugs its shoulders and says, "OH WELL".. DO NOT GIVE A PENNY TO PPL!!! PRE-PAID LEGAL has a deal with the devil to destroy humanity... :mad: STAY AWAY FROM PPL.. THEY WILL GET THEIR KARMA!!

Re: Pre-paid Legal, Inc.. (evil Scam)

I am a paralegal and I have worked for two different attorneys that were both members of PPL. When a client was referred to them, they treated them as they would any of their clients. They were really great guys. If you are having a problem with the attorney you were referred to, call PPL and tell them you're having problems with your current referred attorney and want another.

Attorneys who are members of PPL agree to only charge the clients a certain amount and then pay a percentage of the total amount paid by the clients back to PPL. They aren't in any kind of scam ring with PPL. They don't have any involvement at all with PPL other than making the decision to take the clients that were referred to them and paying PPL the agreed upon percentage at the close of the case. They are private attorneys and join PPL to get more business. If you get referred to a sh!tty lawyer who doesn't do his job, fire him and ask for a new one. If PPL keeps referring you to crappy attorneys, cancel your membership, save your money and find yourself a private attorney.

I don't know much about PPL and its practices other than on the lawyer's end of the deal but I do know that you shouldn't blame PPL if your attorney isn't doing his job. We had several return customers that were so pleased with the way their case was handled after finding us through PPL, they came back and hired us for several different things.

Re: Pre-paid Legal, Inc.. (evil Scam)

I agree. If you have a dispute on attorney service, you should (1) contact Pre-Paid Legal with your complaint on the attorney and/or (2) contact the state bar association. As an attorney, we are bound by a code of ethics and are required, for example, to timely respond to phone calls. You should check with the relevant bar association. Most (if not all) pre-paid legal administrators truly care about the quality of service. If attorney service providers have patterns of complaints, the prepaid legal administrator will likely terminate that attorney from their network.

Prepaid plan administrators generally have criteria for their attorney service providers including malpractice insurance and 5 or more years of experience. They have a vested interest in helping clients find suitable representation. As always, you should conduct due diligence on the attorney including (1) education/law school, (2) references and (3) attorney peer ratings.