+ Reply to Thread

I don't know what it is but THEY say I got it

I'm posting this even though I have no clue as to if it is a scam. The 3 page (front and back) letter never tells me what I'm suppose to be getting or who it is from. It just rants on about how I have these great hidden rare traits. Let me give you a little bit of the letter. (just so you know I am Patricia)
    Patricia, I have some incredibly exciting news to share with you. The association has analyzed your profile (you'd be unbelievably flatter if you know who these individuals were). Please forgive us but we have discovered something special about you.
    Yeah, I got it I guess, but through out the whole letter (3 pages) they never say who they are, they just tell me I got special traits and they want me to join for free. And if I join will magically be out of debt loose all my addictions (this person claimed to lose her food addiction) read ppls minds, get the guy I want, win craploads of stuff, and suddenly be good at EVERYTHING!!!!!
    Oh I gotta quote this part:
    who are these gifted people and how did thse gifted people find you? If we told you who we are, the association would be exposed, and believe me, our secrets are simply not for everyone but only a select few.
    The letter just goes on like that for 3 pages and I got quite bored reading the same stuff over and over again.
    If you haven't guessed by now there is no way in hell I am sending my info to this "association" Not even for free. Not unless they tell me what the F! the deal is. My mom said it sounded like mysticism, so I was like "if I was psychic then why can't I find the tape right now??"
    Oh at the end of the letter this anonymous person signed the letter. I'm keeping this letter to show everyone because it is priceless, but if anyone here knows anything about this I'd like to know.
    Patricia Lynne's Treasures
    Why should you look there? Because it's not a get rich scam.
    It's my store! I got it up (almost gotta add a few items and spell check LOL) I got domain hosting and email accounts. I sent out my application for sales tax. I'm so excited. Also check out my blog at myspace page

Re: I don't know what it is but THEY say I got it

Here's some reading for you. I just found this thread here this morning. Quite amusing.

http://scam.com/showthread.php?t=3940

let me take a wild stab in the dark - it's from the Neo-tech society . There are a few threads here in the mail order scams where hundreds of people have gotten the same letter. DO NOT SEND THEM ANY MONEY! ! ! They initially say everything is free. Then you send for the free stuff and they make you pay for the rest of the information.

Also, did you happen to purchase a book by Kevin Trudeau called "Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About" ? If so, that's where these idiots got your information. If you read some of the posts from the other thread on Neo-tech, most of them who received the letter also got the book. I was one of them! BEWARE! Again - DO NOT SEND THEM ANYTHING!!!

Yeah, I just stumbled across a thread from here on google about this "association" at my friend's house when she said we should google the mailing address. I should have don that but I didn't think of using the mailing addrress to google for info. >.<

Don't I'm not about to send in for any info (free or not) to some one who won't tell me who they are or what the name of their group is. Also the line in the lterr about effortlessly losing and maintaining weight is a dead give away. I'm on a helath and fitness websites and everyone there will tell you effortlessly maintaining weight is impossible.

Yay, now my curiousity on the letter is satisfied because now I know what is it. I'm still keeping the letter to show everyone because it is just prieless!!! LMAO

PS Mine is from Kirsten Hart and I'm suppose to send the letter to Dover,DE 11905

PPS I really like this website! It's so fun to learn about various scams and how to not get sucked in. =)
    Patricia Lynne's Treasures
    Why should you look there? Because it's not a get rich scam.
    It's my store! I got it up (almost gotta add a few items and spell check LOL) I got domain hosting and email accounts. I sent out my application for sales tax. I'm so excited. Also check out my blog at myspace page

This is a classic Neo-tech, Zon Power scam letter. I have recieved them since 1976.
    There are three other organizations that use the same read. Good Fiction. Originally this stuff was written by a "Dr. Wallace" who was said to have worked for DuPont as a scientist until he "Discovered" a thousand year old secret. This is the same "Dr. Wallace" who wrote a very strange book in the 1980's entitled THE PSYCHOUS SEX.
    They buy your information from list brokers. They do keep your information for several years, and re-send to you on the basis that it will become familiar over time and your gullibility will kick in sometime in the future. Did you notice the claim that 'you will never hear from them again?' Get real! Anyone who says that either is lying or doesn't know effective mail marketing.

I got onto their website and saw that they didn't want any "right-wing Christian crazies" in their group. So, I made a copy of the letter and sent it back with a swwet little letter informing them that they, in so many words, had picked the wrong gal to screw with. I was, in fact, one of those right-wing christian crazies, and they'd better never send me another letter. Needless to say, I haven't heard from them since. They're all a bunch of idiots!