+ Reply to Thread

Free offers question

I have a question about the free gift for completion of offers thing. I usually sway from these types of things but after seeing that some do actually get their gifts, I gave one a try. I ran into an offer that I pretty much have to complete (9 offers to do and there's only 9 on the page lol)

When I click the link to fill out the offer, I'm taken to the offer page. At the bottom of the page, it states
    Check this box to confirm your interest in this opportunity [snip, snip]. If you are only completing this offer to receive credit towards a FREE GIFT site, we will immediately refund your credit card and you will not gain any credits towards your Free Gift.
    For those of you who have done this type of thing, have you run into this before?

Re: Free offers question

hahah yeah right those punks wont refund anything
    "Abandon All Hope"

Getting Screwed On
    I-deal - Plasma
    CRZ - $500 Gift Card 6/6 ?????
    Kewlkash.com - $100 payout

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs5rugrats
    I have a question about the free gift for completion of offers thing. I usually sway from these types of things but after seeing that some do actually get their gifts, I gave one a try. I ran into an offer that I pretty much have to complete (9 offers to do and there's only 9 on the page lol)

When I click the link to fill out the offer, I'm taken to the offer page. At the bottom of the page, it states

For those of you who have done this type of thing, have you run into this before?
    The offer that I have seen this verbiage on was the Online Business System (which turned out to be Herbalife by the way). I signed up for their offer, evaluated it, then returned it - and got my refund as promised...there is no way they can tell what your intent is when you take part in the offer - unless you do something stupid like try to cancel right away or something...

You should be fine.

Thank you..that's the answer I was looking for. Unfortunately, the other offers in this that I have no choice if I want to finish this is the Carleton Sheets trial and Video Professor. I'm gonna suck up my losses and forget it on this because those are some of the biggest scam artists around. I have no problem signing up for these offers if they're worthwhile. Most, up until this point, were. I did one for the Disney books and I will probably keep that because it's worth it. It's the big money rip-offs that get you. Herbalife crap, Carleton Sheets, Video Professor...all of 'em. When you have to pick 9 offers and there's only 13 (5 being Discover Card apps where you can only do one anyway), that stinks.

My mom did video professor several months ago because she can't work a PC to save her life and she got ripped off on the $80 bucks they charge you because they said she didn't return the CDs within the 10-day period. The 10-day period starts the day you place your order, so if it takes 10 days to get to you, you're Sh!t out of luck.

i also just did the offer for online business systems and i got credit for it the next day. i have done theirs long in the past and had no trouble returning the item and getting a refund...as well as credit toward my gift.

Hey Luvs5Rugrats...if you are already this far into the process...isn't it worth the cost of doing Carelton Sheets to get the item you want? Seems like if you just spend the cash for the initial offer knowing that you are not going to get the cash back it might be worth it?

I did Carelton Sheets and (crossed fingers) haven't had any trouble from them yet. Just get the stuff, look through it then send it back if it's not for you. Give them a try, it's worth getting your gift.

Every offer that I've done to this point has only cost me a grand total of about $30. All but the $1 for 7 days on shopping or bargain sites were pretty decent and I don't mind having the trials on. I got some neat free stuff being sent to me for a dollar two and that's fine. I got some disney books for my kids, which I'll probably even keep that going monthly.

However, I'm not taking a chance with the bigger ones. They're all too risky. Discover (the least risky one) Carleton Sheets, Business systems/Herbalife (whatever) Video Professor and a Loan that I would have to get accepted for. I guess I don't mind even purchasing some things for higher dollar values but Discover and the loan one mess with my credit.

I did a small one this morning. 3 offers for a $100 visa gift card. I spent 12 bucks, 10 on a Blockbuster month (not bad, we watch movies ALL the time lol) and 2 one-dollar 7 day subscription things. If I get the card, I'll go from there. I've completed all three offers but only 2 have shown as complete. One of the $1 things hasn't shown as completed yet, even though I paid the money and got the welcome email. BTW, this was from NuiTech, which I see a lot of you have gotten your stuff from.