+ Reply to Thread

Mitt Romney Wants To Close The Postal Service

So if you are a scammer and doing mail order scams, you better look for a new line of work if Mitt Romney gets elected.

This is just one American staple that Mitt Romney will cut if elected President:chicken:

Re: Mitt Romney Wants To Close The Postal Service

Guess we don't have to worry about this now.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Guess we don't have to worry about this now.
    Nope we don;t have to worry about big Bird or the post office, we have to worry about obama closing down the whole fvcking country.

I think the Postal Service should be shut down personally. This is 2014 and everything is done online or over the phone these days. I pay all my bills over the phone with my debit card or I just have them paid by auto pay taken right out of my checking account. Most communication is done by either the phone, email or social media. It seems like the only thing that comes in the mail these days is junk mail. I actually tried to call them and cancel my mail, telling them their service was obsolete. I asked them what I needed mail for, and everything they told me, I told them I used alternative methods. By the end of the phone call they had no idea what to say to me except that it's impossible to cancel my mail. It's just a matter of time, I give it five years.

Quote Originally Posted by nowicki2013 View Post
    I think the Postal Service should be shut down personally. This is 2014 and everything is done online or over the phone these days. I pay all my bills over the phone with my debit card or I just have them paid by auto pay taken right out of my checking account. Most communication is done by either the phone, email or social media. It seems like the only thing that comes in the mail these days is junk mail. I actually tried to call them and cancel my mail, telling them their service was obsolete. I asked them what I needed mail for, and everything they told me, I told them I used alternative methods. By the end of the phone call they had no idea what to say to me except that it's impossible to cancel my mail. It's just a matter of time, I give it five years.
    I don't know of any law saying you have to accept your mail delivery by the United States Postal Service.
    Just get rid of your mail box. If you don't have a safe place for them to deliver your mail it will be returned to the Post Office.
    A dog will work too. A mean barking dog will prevent the Postal Carrier from coming near your home. lol

Seriously though, just get rid of your mail box.

The USPS still does provide a service... product shipping. We use it... a lot... to ship goods sold at online auction and to have things shipped to us inexpensively. It is also still useful in guaranteeing an important document is received (registered mail). Plus, there are still numerous businesses that rely upon the USPS for their billing (AP and AR). The company I work for has hundreds of thousands of clients, not all of them have internet access and expect to receive a paper statement from us even though we automatically debit their bank account for our fees. They call up, angry, when it doesn't arrive at the expected date.

No, don't look for the USPS to go anywhere any time soon. It may cut back, but it's not going away.

What they should do is repeal the law that is requiring the postal service pre-fund their retirement fund years in advance. By repealing this would allow the postal service to restructure and no longer be under the risk of going bankrupt.

The postal service really is just making do with the situation that was forced upon them. The growing problem is that everything they try to do to somehow squeeze more revenue out of their service they end up causing business to go through another channel.

The postal service may die, but it will be the government that is the cause.

The US Postal Service turned a profit for decades. Then Fedex and UPS came along, then the internet (who mails now anyway?) Now its closing locations, laying off jobs. Now they are losing money.

So you need a new leader or to privatize the whole system.

I will say this.....I had to mail a package and it cost $22. I expected it to be like $6. It wasn't big or even heavy so I think the writing is on the wall...............

My Postal Service isn't as efficient as it once was. I live on a training route and have a new postal carrier every few days so I never get to know the postal carrier nor do they get to know me. Makes for more mistakes with delivering the mail. I also wonder why they have such a high volume of new workers, tells me they must have a high turn over rate.
    Also if you have a problem with delivery etc. calling and getting help can be a battle. These folks do not want to admit to a mistake, in fact they have just out and out lied too me.

I've also found when tracking, this is just an automated function and isn't really tracking the package accurately. It tells you where the package should be and that it has been delivered when it should be but if a mistake is made it is not going to show up on the tracking info. You have to call with the info and have them do a check which can be next to impossible.

I have much better service with UPS and FED X then I do with the United States Postal Service.