+ Reply to Thread

A Mormon President ? Not Today!

Sorry you freaks. Today is not your day. You zombie incestuous whackjobs aren't going to get control today. Obama is going to kick the piss out of Willard Romney. Piss off cult bastards.ing1:ing1:ing1:

Re: A Mormon President ? Not Today!

We shall see......

Sorry you freaks. Today is not your day. You zombie incestuous whackjobs aren't going to get control today. Obama is going to kick the piss out of Willard Romney. Piss off cult bastards.
    1. And exactly what bearing does believing in some religion have on how someone would run a government?

2. Suddenly, aren't all religious folks in the same, or similar category of ineptness at running a government by your assumptions, as is supposedly this one lone Mormon man?

3. If I had placed this obviously political post in the "Religious Scams" thread, wouldn't I see it moved to the "Political Chat" thread?

4. And finally, don't you think that anyone (even you) by their "zeal" can turn a political crusade into a "cult," as you seem to think that the Mormon faith is?
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    1. And exactly what bearing does believing in some religion have on how someone would run a government?

2. Suddenly, aren't all religious folks in the same, or similar category of ineptness at running a government by your assumptions, as is supposedly this one lone Mormon man?

3. If I had placed this obviously political post in the "Religious Scams" thread, wouldn't I see it moved to the "Political Chat" thread?

4. And finally, don't you think that anyone (even you) by their "zeal" can turn a political crusade into a "cult," as you seem to think that the Mormon faith is?
    Item #1. see Bush II

Item #4. Teabaggers - The Tea Party as a Cargo Cult - psychology today

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Well, actually, is does...in a round about way. If someone is an evangelical, chances are they would nominate judges to the Supreme Court who were more inclined to overturn Roe v. Wade...or a court that would weaken the Wall of Separation.

Yes. Up until now, however, it seems like most Presidents of faith were able to keep their faith and their duties separate issues. I'm not so sure, given the current batch of TeaPublican politicians, that would be possible.

Look to the local level where locally elected officials are trying to force Creation or ID into science classes as a credible alternative to Evolution. Google the Wedge Document.

Who knows, who cares.

Pointing to other Cults is hardly a defense of another cult. Just saying.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Well, actually, is does...in a round about way. If someone is an evangelical, chances are they would nominate judges to the Supreme Court who were more inclined to overturn Roe v. Wade...or a court that would weaken the Wall of Separation.
    And if the president were an atheist, he would be inclined in the other direction.... maybe his decision would match up to my ideals, maybe not. Regardless, they are in charge, meaning that neither you, nor I will make their tough decisions.
    This is just the way it is. Its always the best route IF they were inclined to rule without personal bias.....

In an ideal world in order to do the job fairly, it would depend on the person, not their personal beliefs.

I prefer to give potential leaders enough time to prove, or disprove themselves.

Ask any fair, unbiased judge why they leave their personal lives out of their decisions.....
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Look to the local level where locally elected officials are trying to force Creation or ID into science classes as a credible alternative to Evolution. Google the Wedge Document.
    And again....an atheist president could attempt to remove any personal religious beliefs that a child would want to have.

It would be best to get government out of the business of molding folk's beliefs and idealistic ways of living.

Just allow folks to have their own lives and experiences.

And, yes, LY....I do realize that my ideas are, for the most part, Utopian in concept.

Pointing to other Cults is hardly a defense of another cult. Just saying.
    I was calling the administrator on his acting "cult-like" (devotion to his points of view being superior) in his "crusade" of attacking folks because their beliefs seem below his own.
    Last edited by GHOST DOG; 11-08-2012 at 08:47 AM.

And again....an atheist president could attempt to remove any personal religious beliefs that a child would want to have.
    Babies are natural born atheists, they're corrupted by religion later.

Religion is a form of delusion. You kneel on the floor talking to your invisible friend..... sounds suspiciously like paranoid schizophrenia actually.
    Warning: Facts are like acid to the skin of Republicans.

Religion is a form of delusion.
    A very popular one, I might add.

Of course, there will always be reasons to delude oneself when one refuses to test that which he believes, or doesn't want to for fear of retribution from an unseen "god," or afraid of discovering that the idea won't fly.

The mechanics of religion aren't only centered around the belief system involving a humanoid-like creator.

Anyone seriously attached to any subject that you can think of can turn it into a religion, at least for themselves.

Just look at the attachments folks have acquired in the two major political camps in our country.

Most of them don't know that the more energy they input into their side, the more energy they give to the other.
    Last edited by GHOST DOG; 11-15-2012 at 09:15 PM.