+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Geniocracy

Geniocracy

Have you heard of it?

More crucially, have you read about it?

It is THE political system of the future, imo.

You can Google it on the net.

Thanks

E

Re: Geniocracy

Here is the full link and manifesto, etc.

Might be worth reading it, before anyone launches into crtical mode!

http://www.geniocracy.net/

:rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenment
    Have you heard of it?

More crucially, have you read about it?

It is THE political system of the future, imo.

You can Google it on the net.

Thanks

E
    Well, its nice in theory, but I think the people that are most qualified to run a country are smart enough not to get into politics in the first place, and decent enough that they won't make it far if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza
    Well, its nice in theory, but I think the people that are most qualified to run a country are smart enough not to get into politics in the first place, and decent enough that they won't make it far if they do.
    Yes, but you miss the point, it would no longer be politics as we know it. Think about it....

It does sound good until you realize who is pushing this movement.The Raelians.
    I believe that there is life other than ours in the universe.They may have even been here before.But am far from ready to jump on anyones bandwagon who claims to know with certainty where we came from or where we are going in the end.Im not saying the Raelians are wrong they may be right on just as the Christians may be or the Muslims.I dont know.But Id have to go the way of separation of church and state on this movement for a new way of governing.Thanks for the information though.I do like to know what others think and where they are coming from.
    So enlightenment are you a Raelian?And if so what should we know about the beliefs of this following?

Quote Originally Posted by Indie
    It does sound good until you realize who is pushing this movement.The Raelians.
    I believe that there is life other than ours in the universe.They may have even been here before.But am far from ready to jump on anyones bandwagon who claims to know with certainty where we came from or where we are going in the end.Im not saying the Raelians are wrong they may be right on just as the Christians may be or the Muslims.I dont know.But Id have to go the way of separation of church and state on this movement for a new way of governing.Thanks for the information though.I do like to know what others think and where they are coming from.
    So enlightenment are you a Raelian?And if so what should we know about the beliefs of this following?
    No, I am not a member of the IRM, however, I have studied their books, and further, books about the movement from authors who have studied the movement.

I also met once with the head of the RM in the UK.

What I will say firstly, is that this thread was really more about a new political system, than about Rael's other claims.

It is possible that Rael could be a complete fake.

It is possible that he is telling the truth.

But none of that is relevant, really.

The fact is that a good idea is a good idea, imho.

For instance, you could reasonably say that the Romans were quite brutal in their methods at times, yet at the same time, they left behind a great legacy, and were the creators of many things, that were the seed of what we take for granted today.

So, it is not only possible to set the Geniocrcy idealogy aside from that of Raels claims, and the IRM itself, the fact is that Rael has said himself, in one of his books, that he is less interested in Geniocracy than diffusing his messages, and that ideally, the concept of it would be better applied or researched by those NOT part of the IRM, since they should spend their time helping to diffuse the message, which makes sense, since you can onlly do one thing v well, at a time.

Besides which, even if Rael is a liar, what lie is he telling.

That he visited a planet were the people are 25,000 yrs ahead of us in science and technology?

Sure, he could be lying about that, but the fact is that he and his membership speak of love and tolerance, without dogma and 'guilt', and having met them, I have to say that they all seem very calm, together, normal people. And accepting of people, no matter their race, staus or sexuality.

The Romans I mentioned earlier may have left a legacy.

All religions have done so as well, one way or the other, sometimes a good one.

However, while they have blood on their hands, I suppose you could argue that the IRM are a fraternal bunch with none of that history, which is why i feel that we cosuld talk about Geniocracy, irrespective of Raels claims to have visited a planet.

Thanks for the chat...

Interesting thanks for the response.
    I book marked the page for later reading.I did read some and there are some things they were addressing that I can really appreciate.Things that dont even ebter most peoples minds when discussing politics.
    So also thanks for the information.

TheWorker Guest

just see the movie "starship troopers" for a hollywood view of this theory...

Pleasure.

As things stand right now, we have not a democracy, but a mediocracy.

In the UK it is estimated that there are about 5% of people that could be declared a 'genius, yet we give the same merit of vote to a fool!

That is why we have such a maliable electorate, in my view, and, in turn, why you end up with a President such as the war mongering Bush.

Despots and politicains have stolen and abused science, abused the power of genius, to kill rather than to sustain life.

If the genius is the brain of the society, permit the brain to do the thinking!

You heart is an important organ in you, yet it would be absurd for it to do the thinking, for that is not the role that it is best qualified to do.

Let the geniuses, and true men of emotional intelligence lead us for once.

:)