+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

National Geographic: "The secret lives of Jesus"

This will discuss speculation that he had a wife, that he was never crucified, etc. Should be quite fascinating...

I can't wait for the " Real History of Muhammed", and "The true story of Kwanzaa", and the other 'exposes' based on rumour about major religions that are sure to follow...

What? What's that you say? There ARE no other thinly veiled attacks on major religions scheduled at this time? Well, I am sure that is just an oversight...it cannot be just the Christians unbelievable unwillingness to fight back or protect what is their own, all across the world, the victim mentality of a slowly disappearing culture being defeated by pure aggression...

"Turn the other cheek" did not mean...um...well, you know what I mean!

Re: National Geographic: "The secret lives of Jesus"

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    This will discuss speculation that he had a wife, that he was never crucified, etc. Should be quite fascinating...

I can't wait for the " Real History of Muhammed", and "The true story of Kwanzaa", and the other 'exposes' based on rumour about major religions that are sure to follow...

What? What's that you say? There ARE no other thinly veiled attacks on major religions scheduled at this time? Well, I am sure that is just an oversight...it cannot be just the Christians unbelievable unwillingness to fight back or protect what is their own, all across the world, the victim mentality of a slowly disappearing culture being defeated by pure aggression...

If you think of yourself as a Christian then, apparently, you've been confused about something all along.

That was "turn your cheek"..not "spread your cheeks".
    Last edited by dchristie; 12-06-2006 at 05:02 PM.

TheWorker Guest

i was amazed to learn that the virgin mary had a husband....i thought that was the whole point about the birth being a "miracle".....

was the virgin mary pregnant for 9 months or some amount of time, or did she just have teh kid out of nowhere...someone educate me please...

lol... Looks like more religion-induced dementia at work. Everyone knows Christ was really just shat out of the anus of a dark Baal-like deity.
    And who really cares if Jesus was married, had kids, or was crucified. What are you going to use to either confirm or deny these assumptions, other than fake science, flawed axioms of desperation, and the Bible.

Well I will watch if I can - what time does it come on? Ever watch the Last Temptation of Christ - I thought it was a great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by UserName
    lol... Looks like more religion-induced dementia at work. Everyone knows Christ was really just shat out of the anus of a dark Baal-like deity.
    And who really cares if Jesus was married, had kids, or was crucified. What are you going to use to either confirm or deny these assumptions, other than fake science, flawed axioms of desperation, and the Bible.

Wow...what a sad little creature you really are. I guess it was a sunny day when your enlightenment was granted(by whom, I wonder?) and you suddenly knew more than all the peoples of the world who believe in a higher power. What is more, you feel that openly blaspheming somehow increases your credibility! What bravery! Any comments about any other religions, or is your ridiculous hate directed toward only Christians and Christ? What happened...did Mommy make you go to church? Last week?

Wow...what a sad little creature you really are. I guess it was a sunny day when your enlightenment was granted(by whom, I wonder?) and you suddenly knew more than all the peoples of the world who believe in a higher power. What is more, you feel that openly blaspheming somehow increases your credibility! What bravery! Any comments about any other religions, or is your ridiculous hate directed toward only Christians and Christ? What happened...did Mommy make you go to church? Last week?
    Ah yes, the typical "christian" ad hominem reciprocation. Will you have me flayed, imprisoned, burned at the stake? Please show us some more of that christian benevolence you are soooo famous for. :D

Oh, btw.... Happy Holidays!

Interesting that you mention punishments of that nature...that is how Christians are being murdered the world over. However, I have to go back many centuries to find us doing the same.

Your thread title states "National Geographic". I know it wasn't the December, 2006 issue... I just finished reading it. Which issue will this story be appearing in... or was it on one of their tv specials?

Interesting that you mention punishments of that nature...that is how Christians are being murdered the world over. However, I have to go back many centuries to find us doing the same.
    and how christians have murdered for centuries themselves. It still happens today. Just look at our great president murdering Iraqis in the name of God...

Quote Originally Posted by UserName
    What are you going to use to either confirm or deny these assumptions, other than fake science, flawed axioms of desperation, and the Bible.
    Good point. What are you going to use to confirm or deny these assumptions, other than fake science, flawed axioms of desperation, and the Bible. That's a total home run point.

I'm incredibly frustrated with the total lack of honest analysis of evidence. In the last year of going to the church, I've seen less evidence of the life of Jesus than evidence of Santa Claus. Elvis has been reported to be seen more times after his death than Jesus.

I have seen more contradictions in the Bible than I've seen evidence. So what do you want me to say?

I'm not mad at Jesus. I'm not renouncing the guy. But the church is treating me like an infant if they expect me to just believe whatever they tell me. What makes the story of Jesus any more real than the story of Mohammed or Buddha?

Is there really a secret worth knowing that we don't already know?

Or if there is, will it not be what the haters have already been telling us?

I really doubt that it's anything new.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing ."
    - Edmund Burke 1729—1797

"A leader is someone who ask all the questions and lead others with his own answers while a follower is someone who never ask questions and follow others with his own blindness."
    - Christian A. Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    Good point. What are you going to use to confirm or deny these assumptions, other than fake science, flawed axioms of desperation, and the Bible. That's a total home run point.

I'm incredibly frustrated with the total lack of honest analysis of evidence. In the last year of going to the church, I've seen less evidence of the life of Jesus than evidence of Santa Claus. Elvis has been reported to be seen more times after his death than Jesus.

I have seen more contradictions in the Bible than I've seen evidence. So what do you want me to say?

I'm not mad at Jesus. I'm not renouncing the guy. But the church is treating me like an infant if they expect me to just believe whatever they tell me. What makes the story of Jesus any more real than the story of Mohammed or Buddha?
    I think it is a perfectly legit thing to question your religion or the people that teach it. Like I have said on other threads, remember that man wrote the bible and it has been changed, edited, books put in and books taken out over the years - which means - ta da - there are going to be contradictions. I'm sure the book was meant to be perfect but has probably been fiddled with over the years. To that end, there are still very important lessons in the bible and remember that the three major religions in the world all beleive in God - which tells me, IMO the man exists. They all have different ways of worshiping him which is where I think we went wrong. We all know that Jesus Christ walked the earth, whether or not he was the son of god could be debated, but he was a real breathing man who captivated lots of folks.

Christianity spun out of judiasm and the god in the old testament is a different man that the god in the new testament which makes me wondered if early christians didn't do some fudging of their own to make god appear different and more friendly to the masses (thus getting more followers). I would say that Mohamad was a real man too, he could even have been holy or a saint, but remember, his lessons were handed down generation to generation before the Koran was written. Who's to say that the people that wrote it (or passed it's lessons down) didn't put their own spin on it over time and use it to fit their situations. I think christians have done it to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    But the church is treating me like an infant if they expect me to just believe whatever they tell me. What makes the story of Jesus any more real than the story of Mohammed or Buddha?
    The following strategy is the most common to the goodly, godly in our nation: it's a kind of numbing, brainwashing repetition. The whole thing goes like this: find some tangential way to push your fundamentalist Christian agenda, disguise it like a street wh0re in a nun outfit so no one's sure what the fvck's going on, repeat the same lines over and over until most of the citizenry is so sick of hearing it that their attitudes become, "Okay, okay, whatever you want, just shut the fvck up," and then they can smile and know that one more step has been taken towards the uber-goal of complete takeover. This is modern US christianity.... not very "christian" at all.

I think it's interesting when people say that it must be true, so many people across the world believe in it. When they say this many are ignorant of the blood that was spilled in order to achieve that goal. When these religions were unleashed into this world, many places in the world ran red in rivers of Pagan blood. These religions conquered their way into our lives. No other religions in the history of this planet (and there have been many, contrary to popular belief) have had the bloody history of conversion. It was a conversion at the sword, not of choice. It seems to me that if this were the true god, then there wouldn't need to be this type of violence to get the world to believe. But that's just me... As well there wouldn't be the need to incorporate pagan beleifs into the beliefs of these religions to make the transition easier. But again that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Harry
    I think it's interesting when people say that it must be true, so many people across the world believe in it. When they say this many are ignorant of the blood that was spilled in order to achieve that goal. When these religions were unleashed into this world, many places in the world ran red in rivers of Pagan blood. These religions conquered their way into our lives. No other religions in the history of this planet (and there have been many, contrary to popular belief) have had the bloody history of conversion. It was a conversion at the sword, not of choice. It seems to me that if this were the true god, then there wouldn't need to be this type of violence to get the world to believe. But that's just me... As well there wouldn't be the need to incorporate pagan beleifs into the beliefs of these religions to make the transition easier. But again that's just me...
    You make an interesting point. I beleive in god, but the way some religions have conquered in the name of god is quite atrocious and contrary to the "do good" approach the church wants to take. Truth is, terrorism exsisted way before modern times and many christian societys became christian due to terrorism. Same with Islam. Now we want to make it our only issue when it comes to politics. It's the way the world has worked for centruries. It isn't right but that's the way it has been.