This thread is for anyone to express some thought, feeling about someone
    they know, have known in their life. Doesn't have to specify who and
    please refrain from blunt insults and blatant disrespect. Otherwise, just
    put it out there.

My first one: when you were younger I really liked you and thought you
    were pretty neat and fun. But since you have gotten older you have
    become meaner. Why is this?

Re: Since I have Known You

Although we are no longer who we were and when sharing some really old memories it seems like a lifetime ago and a two different people - I still love you and always will. Our actions have changed, way of showing feelings have changed, we look different, feel different and are generally completely different then we were years ago, we still know each other like the back of our hands - funny how that is. Although there is no person on earth that can make me madder than you can at times and the same with you to me - we still love each other and can't imagine life apart. Funny how that works. Funny how it is that we can complete each others sentances, hear something at work and come home to tell the other just to realize that the other was going to tell you the same thing? How is it that we can read each other by the look in their eyes, tone of voice, etc. And we've still got years to go - imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by Button
    Although we are no longer who we were and when sharing some really old memories it seems like a lifetime ago and a two different people - I still love you and always will. Our actions have changed, way of showing feelings have changed, we look different, feel different and are generally completely different then we were years ago, we still know each other like the back of our hands - funny how that is. Although there is no person on earth that can make me madder than you can at times and the same with you to me - we still love each other and can't imagine life apart. Funny how that works. Funny how it is that we can complete each others sentances, hear something at work and come home to tell the other just to realize that the other was going to tell you the same thing? How is it that we can read each other by the look in their eyes, tone of voice, etc. And we've still got years to go - imagine that.
    It's something pretty special you've got there. How fortunate for YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by StormyRay
    It's something pretty special you've got there. How fortunate for YOU!
    Your time will come. I just want to make sure I enjoy mine the most I can in case it gets taken from me. It's hard to remember stuff like this when everyday mundane and important things fill your life like cleaning the house, working, making supper, putting a roof over your head, etc. It's nice to take time out and appreciate what you do have. Whether it's a spouse, a friend, a family member or even a good dependable pet. Thanks for the thread coontie.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Thank you "Button". Hope that anyone that cares to will find it a good place
    to "communicate" with that certain, or special one, that has been, is presently in one's life, that, even if they are gone from this life, that some-
    thing desired to be said will be accomodated. 'They' will ALL hear 'your'
    message.

Here's another from me: remembering Bob K., a close childhood friend of
    long ago;

'you sometimes, along with others, I have known from the past, come into
    my thoughts... a true 'poor little rich kid' you certainly were. But we had fun
    and a lot of laughs, and some anxious times together.
    Remember when we were teasing your younger brother, Vaughn, one day and
    we made him so angry that he got an ax out of the garage and began to
    chase us? I think he was serious about hurting us. Yes, Vaughn wasn't normal.
    We both were aware of that. There was a lot of, shall we say, tragedy in
    your family. Mom and Day divorced. She, an alcoholic, drank all the time...
    this was 'her reality'. Drove a Jaguar Automobile and haunted the Country
    Club and Yacht Club and other 'high social' gathering places. None of us
    seldom saw her. Your maid was more the Mom than she was. Your Dad, I
    never saw him.
    Your Grandmother and Grandfather were grand folks for sure. They filled a
    place in your life that your parents didn't. Gave you lots of money and
    gifts,, all of the time.
    When Vaughn came after us with the Ax, we ran in the house, into your room,
    with him, in hot pursuit. Slammed and locked the door. He commenced to use
    the Ax on the door. We went into the 'foot-locker' chest where you kept all
    of you money - it was full of all denominations of bills. Most given you by your
    Mom and Grandparents. We each grabbed a hand-full and went out through
    the window, just as Vaughn chopped throught the door. We were laughing
    both from excitement as well as a sort of 'delicious fear' at Vaughn in
    pursuit after us with the Ax. We went over the fence and out to the high-
    way, caught a bus for the city and stayed there 'til night. Watching
    movies at the theater and eating all sorts of food and treats, but never
    spent all of the money.
    I have thought about you since and wonder what ever happened to you.
    I know that when you were alone a lot of the time you cried and was sad
    because of your predicament.
    I don't remember when was the last time that I saw you. Isn't it strange, odd,
    about first and last time meetings? People often don't remember when that
    was or know, that especially, it will be the last time that they will ever see
    a certain person and say final goodbye's in this life!

Rusted is offline Gold Scams Member User Rank

I see you in the mirror each day. You could do do so much more if you trusted the help of other people. But instead you make do with me, myself, and I, and think that enough.

not too long ago, in the night, I awoke from my sleep and lay thinking - about nothing in particular. Suddenly, a thought came to me, which was not in particular, a response to my previous train of thought. It was:

'don't ever expect, anticipate very much from people and you will not be disappointed'.

I thought about this later when I was into the day. Interesting, such a thought. I think it is truth.
    Also, when someone does respond with any particular good and notable gesture, behavior or words, it will certainly be a welcome circumstance.

Also, at the specific time of night, circumstances I mentioned, there is some real truths and accurate insights that can emerge and be realized, as, although seemingly fully awake, one is in a 'twilight zone' where there is semi-consciousness and a portion of the Unconscious mind is accessed. This portion of our Pscye is a resevoir of true insight, wisdom and knowledge, not available through any books or institutes of higher learning.
    This, I believe is where we approach God as much as is ever humanly possible.
    'Om Shanti'. :)

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    I don't remember when was the last time that I saw you. Isn't it strange, odd,
    about first and last time meetings? People often don't remember when that
    was or know, that especially, it will be the last time that they will ever see
    a certain person and say final goodbye's in this life!
    Interesting point. There are some things and dates I never thought I'd forget and with the passage of time I have. Of course there are things I haven't forgotten and never will. Interesting how sometimes somebody in "passing" can make such an impact on us. You ever dream and have somebody pass through your dream that you haven't thought about or seen in years - it's even stranger when that person had no impact but just pops up out of nowhere. Of course there are those that did have an impact that occasionally wonder through as well. Funny how the mind works when at "rest"

Just stop and think for a moment, who are you, really?
    For starters, each now living human individual is a repersentative, survivor of humanity, alll the way back to the first humans. For you, anyone, to be here today, their line of people had to endeavor and strive to live, go on in order for you to have life today. That is a wonder, marvel in itself. Powerful!
    Then, the question: what/who are you? A product, progeny of the bonding of a man and woman - your mother and father? You have got some of their traits, genes and so on. Also, from many others, unknown, unrecognized, forgotten 'others', seldom considered by the now living. Nevertheless, they live with you now. All of them.
    Are we not each, individually like a intricate, complicated fabric, woven with various and many threads with the element of time to complete our assembly?
    Are we each not a container of sorts, unconscious and empty when we enter this world of light? The infant, if one observes, lays and looks with an expression of a mixture of fright and baffled puzzlement. What/where is the place I am at? What are those big things [adult people] and the strange noises [speech] that they make? All the while, while observing, beginning to immediately absorb EVERYTHING. A part of it/them becoming, commencing to build that person.
    As we 'grow', we encounter a multitude of things, people, experiences - what are we really? Are we not in fact , other than our relative's inheritance of genes, which provide us with wired in tendencies, dispositions, mannerisms - don't we in fact become products of our life's experience; from birth 'til death?
    All the reading, speaking, writing of our words/speech, did we not, and continue to aquire from those around us? And our teachers, in school and college; all the elements of speech, mathematics, biology, science, physics and so on. From the basics to the advanced. We are our teachers as well.
    What would we, any individual would be like, if, on the other hand, we were set up in totally isolated circumstances, from all speech, human contact, teaching. Would we be as we are now?
    No. It is difficult to say exactly what /how such treatment would condition a human to behave and experience. Experiments with monkeys treated in such a manner, only given a cloth and wire 'companion', when actually looked in upon, rarely, from time to time, cling fearfully to the cloth and wire surrogate and scream in fear at the sight of any strange [unknown] object or person.
    So, how much ARE we, ourselves, rather than how much we ARE all others that we have encountered, passed our way through life? Sometimes fleetingly, briefly, seemingly insignificant. But often that fleeting glance, eye-contact, in passing on the sidewalk, on the bus, train, or brief words spoken -
    sometimes strike into the depth of our being to our center - ground zero. Locked in. A part of ourself for life. We recognize this, not, consciously, when it happens - it is often only recognized in our dreams, where all of the 'snapshot' life experiences and circumstances are stored, unawares, in our permanent personal album, that we call a 'personality'.
    As well, what is done to a child, young person; the importance of an adult stopping to take a few focused personal moments with a child. Speak with it kindly, saying words of genuine praise and assurance. Showing interest in what the child is saying, expressing a wish or idea, or something they have done, created. Seemingly insignificant to an adult, but a world of wonder for a child, new to this life and seeking assurance that they are alright. It is a wonder, often, what such moments of sincere appreciation and interest, shown, spent with a child can make a difference in their life. On the other hand, considering the circumstance of condemnation and harshess. Adult impatience of the childs ignorant faltering. Destructive, devastating. Condemns some children to destruction, even prison. The positive approach elevating and often bringing and individual to social heights of fame, fortune and unbelievable achievements, that often are of great benefit to many other humans.
    Some brag, boast, from the platform of misguided ego and hubris, look at me, how great, smart, how I can impress others with my knowledge, intelligence,
    importance; they fail to realize that ALL they really are is the product of all that came before them and All that they have encountered in their life.
    Otherwise, they would be nothing.

Just stop and think for a moment, who are you, really?
    For starters, each now living human individual is a repersentative, survivor of humanity, alll the way back to the first humans. For you, anyone, to be here today, their line of people had to endeavor and strive to live, go on in order for you to have life today. That is a wonder, marvel in itself. Powerful!
    Then, the question: what/who are you? A product, progeny of the bonding of a man and woman - your mother and father? You have got some of their traits, genes and so on. Also, from many others, unknown, unrecognized, forgotten 'others', seldom considered by the now living. Nevertheless, they live with you now. All of them.
    Are we not each, individually like a intricate, complicated fabric, woven with various and many threads with the element of time to complete our assembly?
    Are we each not a container of sorts, unconscious and empty when we enter this world of light? The infant, if one observes, lays and looks with an expression of a mixture of fright and baffled puzzlement. What/where is the place I am at? What are those big things [adult people] and the strange noises [speech] that they make? All the while, while observing, beginning to immediately absorb EVERYTHING. A part of it/them becoming, commencing to build that person.
    As we 'grow', we encounter a multitude of things, people, experiences - what are we really? Are we not in fact , other than our relative's inheritance of genes, which provide us with wired in tendencies, dispositions, mannerisms - don't we in fact become products of our life's experience; from birth 'til death?
    All the reading, speaking, writing of our words/speech, did we not, and continue to aquire from those around us? And our teachers, in school and college; all the elements of speech, mathematics, biology, science, physics and so on. From the basics to the advanced. We are our teachers as well.
    What would we, any individual would be like, if, on the other hand, we were set up in totally isolated circumstances, from all speech, human contact, teaching. Would we be as we are now?
    No. It is difficult to say exactly what /how such treatment would condition a human to behave and experience. Experiments with monkeys treated in such a manner, only given a cloth and wire 'companion', when actually looked in upon, rarely, from time to time, cling fearfully to the cloth and wire surrogate and scream in fear at the sight of any strange [unknown] object or person.
    So, how much ARE we, ourselves, rather than how much we ARE all others that we have encountered, passed our way through life? Sometimes fleetingly, briefly, seemingly insignificant. But often that fleeting glance, eye-contact, in passing on the sidewalk, on the bus, train, or brief words spoken -
    sometimes strike into the depth of our being to our center - ground zero. Locked in. A part of ourself for life. We recognize this, not, consciously, when it happens - it is often only recognized in our dreams, where all of the 'snapshot' life experiences and circumstances are stored, unawares, in our permanent personal album, that we call a 'personality'.
    As well, what is done to a child, young person; the importance of an adult stopping to take a few focused personal moments with a child. Speak with it kindly, saying words of genuine praise and assurance. Showing interest in what the child is saying, expressing a wish or idea, or something they have done, created. Seemingly insignificant to an adult, but a world of wonder for a child, new to this life and seeking assurance that they are alright. It is a wonder, often, what such moments of sincere appreciation and interest, shown, spent with a child can make a difference in their life. On the other hand, considering the circumstance of condemnation and harshess. Adult impatience of the childs ignorant faltering. Destructive, devastating. Condemns some children to destruction, even prison. The positive approach elevating and often bringing and individual to social heights of fame, fortune and unbelievable achievements, that often are of great benefit to many other humans.
    Some brag, boast, from the platform of misguided ego and hubris, look at me, how great, smart, how I can impress others with my knowledge, intelligence,
    importance; they fail to realize that ALL they really are is the product of all that came before them and All that they have encountered in their life.
    Otherwise, they would be nothing.
    Great observations. There comes a point when the people who made and shaped us take a back seat and it's our turn to flourish and make and shape others.

It is odd when you think about it that you have great, great, great, great, great, etc. grandparents that could never imagined how many children and adults they would one day help create and are still creating. In those days they were focused on survival. We often remember our parents, grand parents and sometimes great grandparents. Some of us trace our lineage back several generations but nobody has really had the ability to go all the way back, and if they could, they would probably discover they are releated to lots of neighbors, friends, far away people and even worldwide enemies. And we're fighting why? What's more, they might even discover that their most distant relatives we're not completely human or of another more primitave species? That's a different debate but I thinks that's one reason many people won't even consider a look at the mounting scientific evidence that points toward evolution.

Since I have known you...

I've known you for a long time, in my dreams, my hopes...
    I never knew when you'd come or exactly what you'd look like and for a long time I didn't know who would help me find you and make you a reality. But alas I found the perfect suiter and we devised a plan to make a dream come true. So thence I knew you before you were ever created and I knew you as you were being created like none other will ever know you.

I waited for your first flutter and the first signs on my body that others would know to. We napped, we cried, I went on about my daily business with you inside of me tossing and turning, kicking, punching, sucking your thumb and sleeping. I never felt alone the whole time because I truly never was alone. Your daddy would tell me stories of you kicking him while I was asleep. I became so used to you that it was normal too me.

Then came the last days of preparation and anticipation of your grand entrance. Fear and excitement took over our house. You came into the world with a bit of a fright and our first days together were not as I expected but I stayed up day and night to make sure you were happy. I never knew how beautiful you could really be. It started with a look, then a smile and laughs and gradually you became more than just a eating and sleeping machine. You've took over our lives and it's hard to imagine the days wthout you. Now your crawling, trying to walk, standing up, reaching for me and calling me by name. We know each other pretty well and can communicate with looks and tones of voice.

It's hard when you "disobey" and I have to be stern with you. You cry and the next hour your giving me kisses on the cheek. Quite a change a mother goes through and I wonder what our relationship will be years from now. It's wonderful to watch you do things for yourself and push me away so you can do them, it's also hearbreaking to know that one day you will not need me. I wonder when the day will come that you see me as an "enemy" and I'll be waiting for the day to come when you have your own and realize who mommy really was. I hope we will always be close and I'll try my best to do the right things to make sure I give you the best start possible.

Love,
    Mom

That's quite a powerful and emotionally touching expression that you wrote.
    I can see that you are a 'solid' Mom and wise human-being... if only the world had more like you! You certainly have evolved.
    that last paragraph, especially rang so truthfully and knowing about human-nature and life.
    'Om Shanti' - peace be with you, blessings;
    Happy and Joyful Holiday Season!

That's quite a powerful and emotionally touching expression that you wrote.
    I can see that you are a 'solid' Mom and wise human-being... if only the world had more like you! You certainly have evolved.
    that last paragraph, especially rang so truthfully and knowing about human-nature and life.
    'Om Shanti' - peace be with you, blessings;
    Happy and Joyful Holiday Season!
    Thank you. I love my son and him and my husband are my life now. No matter how hard things get with money, work, stress and how hard things may get between me and my husband, its our duty to be his parents first and foremost. My husband is a great dad. His dad wasn't around very much growing up and I think it's his mission to give him everything emotionally that he didn't have growing up. If my husband and I ever split up (which I hope never happens), he may not do everything the way I prefer him to do with our son, but I know that'll he always be around and will do the best he can to make him feel loved. It's amazing how a child changes your life, not just your priorties but the way you see what truly is important in life.

I hope you have a happy holiday as well.

Julian, you've begun the interesting thread. I like all posts from here. I hope, I'll post here a little later 'couse I have no much time now. I'm very busy at my work... Sorry...

Please don't shoot the piano player, he's doing the best he can.

Author’s emoticons KOLOBOK-Style

Quote Originally Posted by BiR
    Julian, you've begun the interesting thread. I like all posts from here. I hope, I'll post here a little later 'couse I have no much time now. I'm very busy at my work... Sorry...
    Thanks Boris and good to hear from you. I thought that your work had become busier.
    Been looking for you on skype. I have a camera for you. Will send soon. But the Christmas holiday season here will slow things down as there is an enormous amount of mail being handled right now. Anyhow, we will eventuall have video.
    Looking forwaerd to hearing from you. Take care Boris! :)

"What are the answers?; there isn't any". - Hunters S. Thompson, alias Gonzo...