+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: Nutritional Products MLM's

Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Before everyone gets excited about the top 25 companies and their claim to be the no 1 vitamin company think of this. Go through the list check out the companies than look at how many countries they are doing business in and divide that into their claims of earnings. Example 10 countries 1 billion in business gives an average of 100 million per country. You will see if that you do your homework by the time you divide out the countries into the earnings that the ones who are blowing their whistles about earnings really don't look that impressive. Also many of these companies are diverse and sell more than just health and wellness. So just like everything in life you have to read through the facts to see what is really going on. If you are doing 2 billion in sales and you are in 55 countries your company average does not look that impressive.
    Also sales do not equate into how good a product is. This can only be determined by independent third party studies and clinical testing.
    This country average is a totally useless and misleading statistic.
    Different countries have different populations. So a company doing 5 Billion in sales could be doing 4 billion in the US (which is pretty good) 0.5 billion in England and 0.5 Billion in Costa Rica.

The average per country would be 1.66 Billion ber country....which isn't even close to the actual numbers. And .5 Billion in Costa Rica would be pretty damn good considering the population.

While you are correct that sales do not equate to a good product...neither do clinical testing. Vioxx, Tysabri, and many other drugs went through trials successfully only to be recalled because they killed people.

Do you know how many people die every year from taking a prescribed and PROPERLY taken medication? The number is staggering.

Re: Nutritional Products MLM's - Usana in particular

The Fraud Discovery Institute has posted three videos on you-tube. Each of them devastates the viability of the Usana business model, and frankly most of MLM "business opportunities" in the process.
    View it and weep. You have as much chance of making money with Usana (and many other MLM "opportunities" as winning the lotto. Thinking of making money? Look somewhere else.

WW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlEY_CF5DL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUw-UbtORxc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYB_E3n9q3U

Getting back to the original purpose of this thread, here is Vitamark's offering, VitaOne, the one a day, multi nutrition pack. Excellent value for money.

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Packet
    Servings Per Container: 30
    % Daily Value *
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories
    Fat
    <1%
    <1 gm
    Carbohydrates
    <1%
    130 mg
    Fiber
    30%
    500 mg
    Vitamin A (Mixed Carotenoids 1000, Acetate 2500)
    3500 IU
    70%
    Beta Carotene
    11,250 IU
    225%
    Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid 300 mg, Calcium Ascorbate 135 mg)
    435 mg
    725%
    Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)
    200 IU
    50%
    Vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol acetate 100 IU, d-alpha-tocopherol succinate 60 IU)
    160 IU
    533%
    Thiamin (Thiamin HCL)
    30 mg
    2000%
    Riboflavin (Riboflavin)
    30 mg
    1764%
    Niacin (Niacinamide 15 mg, Niacin 15 mg)
    30 mg
    150%
    Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine 10 mg and Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate 10 mg)
    20 mg
    1000%
    Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin 0.10%)
    60 mcg
    1000%
    Folic Acid
    400 mcg
    100%
    Pantothenic Acid (Calcium-d-Pantothenate)
    60 mg
    600%
    Choline (Choline Bitartrate)
    40 mg
    Biotin (1% Trituration)
    250 mcg
    83%
    Lutein (extract @ 5%)
    2 mg
    Lemon Bioflavonoids
    100 mg
    PABA-USP
    30 mg
    Inositol
    50 mg
    Zinc (Aspartate and Glycinate)
    15 mg
    100%
    Copper (Gluconate)
    1 mg
    50%
    Manganese (Gluconate)
    3 mg
    150%
    Iodine (Kelp)
    75 mcg
    50%
    Chromium (Nicotinate)
    120 mcg
    100%
    Selenium (Seleno-l-methionine, Selenium Aspartate)
    210 mcg
    300%
    Molybdenum (Aspartate)
    75 mcg
    100%
    Potassium (Potassium Chloride)
    75 mg
    2%
    Magnesium (Oxide, Glycinate)
    100 mg
    25%
    Calcium (Carbonate, Citrate)
    100 mg
    10%
    Capsicum
    2.5 mg
    Rose Hips
    2.5 mg
    Chamomile
    2.5 mg
    Phosphorus
    50 mg
    5%
    Alpha Lipoic Acid
    10 mg
    N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine
    30 mg
    Citrus Bioflavonoids
    85 mg
    Turmeric (95% Curcuminoid)
    100 mg
    Grape Seed Extract (95% Proanthocyanidins)
    150 mg
    Polyphenol Extract (40% Catechins) (Decaf)
    115 mg
    Quercetin
    25 mg
    Gamma Oryzanol
    25 mg
    Bromelain
    75 mg
    Trace Minerals
    10 mg
    Barley Grass Juice and Fiber Concentrate
    200 mg
    Wheat Grass Juice and Fiber Concentrate
    200 mg
    Acerola Berry
    50 mg
    Chlorella
    150 mg
    Hydrilla Verticillata (Rooted Algae)
    100 mg
    Nova Scotia Dulse
    50 mg
    Royal Jelly
    50 mg
    Spirulina Algae
    150 mg
    Cruciferous Blend of Cabbage, Broccoli Sprouts and Kale
    100 mg
    Fungal Amylase (10,000 SKBU)
    100 mg
    Endo-Amylase (120,000 MWU)
    100 mg
    Invertase (800 SU)
    10 mg
    Lactase (600 FCC)
    6 mg
    Acid Protease (100SAP)
    50 mg
    Endopeptidase (fungal protease) (25,000 HUT)
    50 mg
    Endo Peptidase (120 NU)
    50 mg
    Lipase (1,200)
    15 mg
    Cellulase (20 CU)
    20 mg
    Betaine (HCL)
    60 mg
    Soy Lecithin (Phosphatides 61%)
    520 mg

LINK HERE (NOT AFFILIATE LINK)

* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Getting back to the original purpose of this thread, here is Vitamark's offering, VitaOne, the one a day, multi nutrition pack. Excellent value for money.
    only if you are selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    So which supplement is it that you recommend?
    I know it wasn't me you were asking, but for my money you can't go wrong with...

Quote Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
    only if you are selling it.

No, I consume it too. And did for a long time before ever selling it.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask View Post
    Bon Apetit', here's all the different ones from A-Z that I could find available.

These were in the 25 most popular MLM's in order of popularity for the nutritional based companies. These are the top most popular MLM Nutritional businesses. For the full list click the link, I merely pulled out the nutritional companies for this comparison.

Shall we compare the ingredients in their products and decide who offers the best product for the money? Don't compare the businesses, just the products. Who will have the best? We might all learn something from this. ;)

1)Herbalife

2) Amway

3) Arbonne

4) Xango

5) Usana

avoid.ws will have to post his "factual" reports, I looked all over the Internet to get a list of Usana ingredients. All I could find was something about olives.

6) Melaleuca

Best prices, just can't find out a whole lot about their ingredients.

7) Nikken

8) Shaklee

9) Isagenix

10) Eniva

The links were to main type vitamin products. If they didn't offer one that covered both men and women, then I defaulted to men's nutrition since it's pretty easy to track over complicated women's needs.

Lady Mod
    So, now that you have laid all this out, what did you find personally about products, ingredients, and pricing? How about we add a company that is not as big as these are to see how it stacks up in your report? This is NOT my site, but the generic company site for review> http://www.newlhn.com/

Tom
    Those who would like to know what I do full time, email me direct for a link> [email protected] I am not here to advertise my business. Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Packet
    Servings Per Container: 30
    % Daily Value *
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories
    Fat
    <1%
    <1 gm
    Carbohydrates
    <1%
    130 mg
    Fiber
    30%
    500 mg
    Vitamin A (Mixed Carotenoids 1000, Acetate 2500)
    3500 IU
    70%
    Beta Carotene
    11,250 IU
    225%
    Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid 300 mg, Calcium Ascorbate 135 mg)
    435 mg
    725%
    Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)
    200 IU
    50%
    Vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol acetate 100 IU, d-alpha-tocopherol succinate 60 IU)
    160 IU
    533%
    Thiamin (Thiamin HCL)
    30 mg
    2000%
    Riboflavin (Riboflavin)
    30 mg
    1764%
    Niacin (Niacinamide 15 mg, Niacin 15 mg)
    30 mg
    150%
    Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine 10 mg and Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate 10 mg)
    20 mg
    1000%
    Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin 0.10%)
    60 mcg
    1000%
    Folic Acid
    400 mcg
    100%
    Pantothenic Acid (Calcium-d-Pantothenate)
    60 mg
    600%
    Choline (Choline Bitartrate)
    40 mg
    Biotin (1% Trituration)
    250 mcg
    83%
    Lutein (extract @ 5%)
    2 mg
    Lemon Bioflavonoids
    100 mg
    PABA-USP
    30 mg
    Inositol
    50 mg
    Zinc (Aspartate and Glycinate)
    15 mg
    100%
    Copper (Gluconate)
    1 mg
    50%
    Manganese (Gluconate)
    3 mg
    150%
    Iodine (Kelp)
    75 mcg
    50%
    Chromium (Nicotinate)
    120 mcg
    100%
    Selenium (Seleno-l-methionine, Selenium Aspartate)
    210 mcg
    300%
    Molybdenum (Aspartate)
    75 mcg
    100%
    Potassium (Potassium Chloride)
    75 mg
    2%
    Magnesium (Oxide, Glycinate)
    100 mg
    25%
    Calcium (Carbonate, Citrate)
    100 mg
    10%
    Capsicum
    2.5 mg
    Rose Hips
    2.5 mg
    Chamomile
    2.5 mg
    Phosphorus
    50 mg
    5%
    Alpha Lipoic Acid
    10 mg
    N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine
    30 mg
    Citrus Bioflavonoids
    85 mg
    Turmeric (95% Curcuminoid)
    100 mg
    Grape Seed Extract (95% Proanthocyanidins)
    150 mg
    Polyphenol Extract (40% Catechins) (Decaf)
    115 mg
    Quercetin
    25 mg
    Gamma Oryzanol
    25 mg
    Bromelain
    75 mg
    Trace Minerals
    10 mg
    Barley Grass Juice and Fiber Concentrate
    200 mg
    Wheat Grass Juice and Fiber Concentrate
    200 mg
    Acerola Berry
    50 mg
    Chlorella
    150 mg
    Hydrilla Verticillata (Rooted Algae)
    100 mg
    Nova Scotia Dulse
    50 mg
    Royal Jelly
    50 mg
    Spirulina Algae
    150 mg
    Cruciferous Blend of Cabbage, Broccoli Sprouts and Kale
    100 mg
    Fungal Amylase (10,000 SKBU)
    100 mg
    Endo-Amylase (120,000 MWU)
    100 mg
    Invertase (800 SU)
    10 mg
    Lactase (600 FCC)
    6 mg
    Acid Protease (100SAP)
    50 mg
    Endopeptidase (fungal protease) (25,000 HUT)
    50 mg
    Endo Peptidase (120 NU)
    50 mg
    Lipase (1,200)
    15 mg
    Cellulase (20 CU)
    20 mg
    Betaine (HCL)
    60 mg
    Soy Lecithin (Phosphatides 61%)
    520 mg

LINK HERE (NOT AFFILIATE LINK)

* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
    Very expensive vitamins and how well do they work Chris? My link to our generic site for LHN in my previous post, click on VitaMaxe for $35 and do a little comparison.

Those who would like to know what I do full time, email me direct for a link> [email protected] I am not here to advertise my business. Tom

Quote Originally Posted by scubapro48 View Post
    Very expensive vitamins and how well do they work Chris? My link to our generic site for LHN in my previous post, click on VitaMaxe for $35 and do a little comparison.

How well do they work?

Please explain the question...

r u talking about nutrilite? u cant forget NUTRILITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scubapro48 View Post

Very expensive compared to VitaMaxe? I'm wondering if you confused this with something or someone else. There's only a 5 dollar difference between the two. About 16 cents a day. Actually your retail is $45 with a Dist cost of 35 if I'm not mistaken. For simplicity let's stay at $35 vs 39.95 which is what a Vitamark customer pays.

Can you tell me who manufactures VitaMaxe for LHN and in what form is the Vitamin C? I'm also curious as to why there would be 20mg of manganese in this product. Trace elements are only needed in small amounts (2mg). Manganese is usually only seen in 1.5 to 3mg doses. Larger qty. might be used when dealing with a high amount of calcium, other metals or in particular therapies but I've rarely seen anything over 10mg in those instances.

Direct comparison is hard for your 3X vs the 1X daily usage and capsule vs caplet and softgel but when I look through I see a good product. However, I don't see any enzymes to assist nutritional delivery and breakdown certain complex elements other than pancreatin and bile salts which help break down fat. I just use these as an example since the thread really is on value. Availability and compatability are examples of what I look for when perceiving value in health products. I might add that each days servings are indiviually packaged which adds a little to the base cost as well.

As for your other question, do they work? Many folks have noted a significant difference between taking and not taking the product so I guess that means they work, just as your product works. It's just a matter of how much bang for the buck is received.

To me, $4.95 savings wouldn't warrant a change and unless there's something I don't know about a VitaMaxe customer they pay an additional $5.05 over the VitaOne customer.

Wishing you great success in your business.
    Last edited by GeryD; 01-06-2010 at 12:35 PM.