+ Reply to Thread

Am I Getting Scammed?

I am selling some electronics on Craigslist and I have received to emails so far.

Hello,
    Goodday to you over there and i saw your item displayed on craigslist,i will like to know if the item is in good condition and also i will like to proceed with the payment through united states postal money order USPS and all i need from you right now is your name and address so that i can go ahead with the payment and once the payment clears iwill be the one to handle the shipping myself through my courier so you do not have to worry about the shipping as i will be handling it myself.
    Also i will not mind offering you more money for the item due to the urgency need of the item,so kindly get back to me with your name and address so that i can proceed with the payment.
    thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

They have offered me $20 dollars more.

and then this person

am very grateful and impressed you reply my question.I am loceted in Oregonand i am ready to make the immediate payment which is via AlertPay International Money Order and for the payment to commence all i need is your payment address and your full payment information so the payment can be made and once the payment has been approved by the Alertpay Money Oder Company you will receive a confirmation notification mail from AlertPay for you to be sure that i have paid for the item and after the confirmation has been recieved,the shipment will take place which will be handled by my self because i have an account with a shipping company(Fedex Courier Service)by sending you fedex prepaid slips.(Note): -You might have recieved some offers from different people reg arding your item,but i will like to be the highest bidder,so for this reason i am offering $230 for the item hope you will accept my offer.So kindly send me your payment address for the payment to be posted immediately to your contact address.Thanks
    Best regard.....

They have offered $50 more.

I am a first time Craigslist seller, I don't want to get jipped.

Re: Am I Getting Scammed?

Most likely. Check this thread.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=17904

Well the only thing it's not just auto sent message. The second person (offerring 50 dollars more) had sent me a message before that simply asking, "What is the condition of the item"

I still confused, I think it might be best to wait for an offer that wants to meet in person.

Yes, you are being scammed. Check the forum, you'll find many versions of this scam.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

Typical African scam

out of self preservation, keep your location safe from strangers.

Yes..when it seems too good to be true..its actually not true

Opinion is offline The World is a Vampire! And We're Just Rats In A Cage

Check out the Bamboo Bar When In NJ !

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHobo View Post
    I am selling some electronics on Craigslist and I have received to emails so far.

Hello,
    Goodday to you over there and i saw your item displayed on craigslist,i will like to know if the item is in good condition and also i will like to proceed with the payment through united states postal money order USPS and all i need from you right now is your name and address so that i can go ahead with the payment and once the payment clears iwill be the one to handle the shipping myself through my courier so you do not have to worry about the shipping as i will be handling it myself.
    Also i will not mind offering you more money for the item due to the urgency need of the item,so kindly get back to me with your name and address so that i can proceed with the payment.
    thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

They have offered me $20 dollars more.

and then this person

am very grateful and impressed you reply my question.I am loceted in Oregonand i am ready to make the immediate payment which is via AlertPay International Money Order and for the payment to commence all i need is your payment address and your full payment information so the payment can be made and once the payment has been approved by the Alertpay Money Oder Company you will receive a confirmation notification mail from AlertPay for you to be sure that i have paid for the item and after the confirmation has been recieved,the shipment will take place which will be handled by my self because i have an account with a shipping company(Fedex Courier Service)by sending you fedex prepaid slips.(Note): -You might have recieved some offers from different people reg arding your item,but i will like to be the highest bidder,so for this reason i am offering $230 for the item hope you will accept my offer.So kindly send me your payment address for the payment to be posted immediately to your contact address.Thanks
    Best regard.....

They have offered $50 more.

I am a first time Craigslist seller, I don't want to get jipped.
    Yes, they need a proper English lesson.

jipped is a very popular terms in Africa and western Asia

"I will like to know" is a common mistake in Asia.