+ Reply to Thread

Raise Your Credit Score

Raise Your Credit Score - Hope this helps someone - qualify for raise your credit score at http://infotrue.t35.com/co00301.html - worth a try. I think I am going to go through to see if it works - anyone else tried this before?

Rusted is offline Gold Scams Member User Rank

Re: Raise Your Credit Score

How to raise your credit score.

1. Pay your bills.
    2. Pay your debts.
    3. Never spend more then you make.....

Repeat.

Ain't no other way.

As for the website,

That link took me to partner.coprosper.com, which is registered through Go Daddy. Anytime I see Go daddy, it's bogus,bogus,bogus,bogus.

4. Do not close credit card accounts and pay on time on each of them. The more lines of credit you currently have is better. Basically it is better to owe $1000 to ten credit lines than $10000 to one from credit score point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by borisf96

4. Do not close credit card accounts and pay on time on each of them. The more lines of credit you currently have is better. Basically it is better to owe $1000 to ten credit lines than $10000 to one from credit score point of view.
    I disagree.

For every credit card you have open, even if you have no balance on any of them, your credit score is greatly lowered for each open account since you have the potential to incrue that amount of debt at any given moment.
    That is to say, if you have five credit cards, with a zero balance on each but with an available credit of $4,000.00 each, the three major credit reporting houses consider you a credit risk of $20,000. If you try to finance a car or purchase a house, you're considered at a $20,000.00 liability right off the bat, although you owe zero dollars. Your open credit hurts you.

It's best to have one major credit card (no store cards, please) and pay it off in full each month. If you can't do that, you are spending beyond your means; however, if that is the case, pay more than the miniumum balance prior to the due date.

If you have more than one credit card that carry balances, pay them off, one by one, by attacking the one with the smallest balance first with aggressive payments, and pay a little more than the minimum due on all the others. Keep doing that, one by one, untill you pay them all off.

Make sure that you contact each credit card company after you pay off the balance and ask them to let it be shown on you credit report that the account has been closed by you and at your request. Ask them to send you a copy of the letter(s) they send to the three major credit reporting houses, and keep these letters for you own files.

Make certain that the card you decide to keep open is the one with the lowest interest rate, in the event that you can't pay it off in full each month, but let that be your goal.

Hope this helps you out.
    Last edited by HotParadox; 12-07-2006 at 05:58 PM.

I could be wrong. I did see this advice on some financial website.

Quote Originally Posted by borisf96
    I could be wrong. I did see this advice on some financial website.
    You very well could have. After college, I worked in banking for a while and learned many of life's money lessons while doing so. :)