+ Reply to Thread

Data entry scams?

Has anyone ever had any success with www.dataentrybusiness.com or any of those other data entry sites? Seems too easy to make the kind of money many of these places claim. I guess the same thing goes for those survey sites.

Rick (Sunny Southern CA dude)

Re: Data entry scams?

Any data entry job with a joining "fee" is probably a scam.

I sent in my $49 to sign up and I've been very disappointed...they don't explain it thoroughly and I started off on the Starter level...I was very confused about the "hoplink" information, let alone entering their link onto your "so-called" website, which I don't have and I'm not a website guru enough to understand how to do it. So, looks like I'm out the $49...take it from experience. I even upgraded to the Standard Edition and didn't get any results.

I joined one called typing for dollars. Paid around 47$ I think, and as I went through the ebook and stuff I just starting going "where is the data entry part??" In the end I filled out the form for a refund and didn't hear anything so I went to online help and asked a person there (after telling them that the phone number they provide doesn't work) that I wanted to cancell and to refund my money. I did get my refund too.

And the info they gave me had nothing to do w/ the pitch I read when I signed up.

It sort of sucks that all the real jobs like that are hard to find.

$100 Gas card - Your Gift Cards - 1/1 Recieved (Visa) - 07-24-06
    $50 Gift Card - The Useful - 1/1 Recieved ($75) - 03-27-06
    $50 Walmart Gift Card - 50DollarGiftCard - 1/1 Recieved - 04-03-06
    Xbox 360 - Gadget City - 4/4 Received ($300 gift card) - 05-01-06
    42" Plasma - Every Free Gift - 6/6 Recieved ($1000 check) - 07-06-06
    TIVO+Samsung 30" HDTV - Must Have Free Gifts - 3/3 Recieved ($950 check) - 12-08-06

Cheap Lunch Total: $2475

Quote Originally Posted by rabrams
    I sent in my $49 to sign up and I've been very disappointed...they don't explain it thoroughly and I started off on the Starter level...I was very confused about the "hoplink" information, let alone entering their link onto your "so-called" website, which I don't have and I'm not a website guru enough to understand how to do it. So, looks like I'm out the $49...take it from experience. I even upgraded to the Standard Edition and didn't get any results.
    Ask for a refund. They offer a money back guarnatee.

Money back guarantees are about the only good things those websites offer because once you find out it's not what they hype it up to you want your money back.

Most of the time the payments for these "jobs" are done through clickbank and you can go directly to them for the refund. Try to keep your common sense in place when you see these ads. If it is a real data entry job being offered you will be asked to fill out an application and send in a resume. Companies don't contract with these places to offer you a job. That is just silly. There is a free legitimate list of companies that hire (no fees, etc) for jobs at www.katieshugs.com in the telecommuting section.