+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Black or white

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Re: Black or white

Quote Originally Posted by bethelight
    man - you are scarying me! :eek:

BTL
    Maybe fear will be a better teacher than information as you don't seem to be interested in the truth.

Kids will have sex no matter what you teach them. It is hardwired into their genes. It doesn't matter what you do to hurt them, their hormones will tell them to have sex and when you see how many hormones are traveling through a teen body they really don't have any choice but to listen.

I suppose you could screw them up so much that they feel guilty and ashamed every time they finish having sex (like most good Christians) but wouldn't it just be easier to give them birth control methods?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag
    "If you jump from a 20 story building you will fall to the ground and die. "

Cause it simply isn't true all the time.

It is not a black or white. Since it is sometimes black and sometimes white, it has to be a gray.
    Nope. If you can't decide whether you will live or die THIS PARTICULAR TIME then you still haven't given it enought thought. There are too many undefined parameters in the discussion, how did a bunji cord get in there?
    It was clear to me that the argument was to jump with no safety device. It's easy to pick apart an argument with what ifs but that simply changes the argument. I could say that the 20 story building was orbiting earth in outer space and now if you jump off gravity would not influence whether or not you hit the ground, you'd just stay in orbit with the building, so sure, jumping off a building is not always fatal. But sometimes whether or not you live (white?) or die (black?) may just require a little more thought because if it's still gray too you, take the elevator anyway.

By the way. Is there gravity in outer space?
    Last edited by bogie; 11-30-2006 at 05:30 PM.

I've decided that you mortals deserve enlightenment so I will now reveal to you an absolute that can only be found deep in the anals of scientific writings. You will not find it easily as I alone know of it's whereabouts. Known as "Bogie's law", this truth will certainly show all the way out of darkness. Bogie's law states: drum roll please...............

Everything IS black or white. If you see it as gray you simply haven't given it enough thought.

I suppose we can close down this forum now since all of you now know all that is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    By the way. Is there gravity in outer space?
    Yep, in fact if you are in low Earth orbit, gravity is almost the same strength as it is on the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    Everything IS black or white. If you see it as gray you simply haven't given it enough thought.
    Is an electron a particle or a wave?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag
    um, no, in binary there is no such thing as 3, and 1+1 = 10... in binary....

unless you mean 11 in binary converted to decimal equals 3....
    You create the number three this way 0011 which equals three. Thus 1 and 1 is three. its a base 2 numbering system.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza

Nice one! :)

Yep, in fact if you are in low Earth orbit, gravity is almost the same strength as it is on the surface.

Darn it kazza. Didn't think the first reply would be the right answer. ;)

Hmmm... seems a gray area. Let me give it a little more thought.

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti_thesisofreason
    You create the number three this way 0011 which equals three. Thus 1 and 1 is three. its a base 2 numbering system.
    uh. Like I said 11 equates to 3 in decimal, but "and" is usually considered an add function in english, so 1 and 1 is 10 in binary or 2 in decimal.

If you want to look at boolian logic, "and" means a different function, Correctly said in boolian, 1 anded with 1 is 1. Conversly 1 anded with 0 is 0.