+ Reply to Thread

Is I-Strategy Ltd a scam?

I received this email today! A company that wants me to funnel money though my personal account as an independent contractor sounds hokey... Should I report them????

Hello,

The position is based on working from the comfort of your home. The application process is distant yet vary rigorous. We screen all possible applicants to ensure that long term employment is possible.

The main job responsibility is to stay logged online for about 2 hours per day, Monday - Friday, 9 am - 11 am. Receiving specific instructions from a supervisor and following prompt assignments is of most importance. The position deals directly with processing funds from our clients. For security reasons a personal bank account is required during the trial period of 30 days. Once your trial is completed, we will assign you a business account through one of our branches in your area.

You will have a base salary $2300 and your salary is guaranteed. Also you will have 8% as a commission from each transaction that you receiving. During your trial period you will receive between 2 and 3 transfers per week. Invoices are provided for each operation. Along with every operation, you automatically receive the senders, and further the receivers names that the funds belong to.

Frequently Asked Questions: www.i-strategyltd.com/job/finance/faq

Main vacancy description: www.i-strategyltd.com/job/finance2?lang=us

If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, you may request electronic application by replying to this e-mail.

Hurry up to receive your Sign On Bonus: www.i-strategyltd.com/job/finance-bonus?lang=us

Thank you in advance for your time. I eagerly await your reply.

Sincerely,

David Coult
    Recruitment Advisor

Phone: 1-914-368-2639
    Fax: 1-646-666-4489

%Cursor

%ODateEn, %OTimeLongEn, you wrote:

%Quotes

Re: Is I-Strategy Ltd a scam?

100% scam.

There is no job. There is only a scammer trying to steal your hard-earned money.

The next email will be from another of the scammer's fake names and free email addresses pretending to be the "secretary/assistant/accountant" and will demand you accept a fake bank deposit. The deposit will be from a stolen credit card, hi-jacked paypal account or phished bank account. You are then suppose to withdrawal the money before your bank realizes the transfer was made with stolen money. You are suppose to send the "money" via Western Union or moneygram back to the scammer posing as the "supply company" while you "keep" a small portion. When the credit card/paypal/bank account owner realizes their money is in your account, your bank reverses the transfer now you get the real life job of paying back the bank for all the bank's money you sent to an overseas criminal.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

6 "Rules to follow" to avoid most fake jobs:

1) Job asks you to use your personal bank account and/or open a new one.
    2) Job asks you to print/mail/cash a check or money order.
    3) Job asks you to use Western Union or moneygram in any capacity.
    4) Job asks you to accept packages and re-ship them on to anyone.
    5) Job asks you to pay visas, travel fees via Western Union or moneygram.
    6) Job asks you to sign up for a credit reporting or identity verification site.

Avoiding all jobs that mention any of the above listed 'red flags' and you will miss nearly all fake jobs. Only scammers ask you to do any of the above. No. Exceptions. Ever. For any reason.

If you google "fake check cashing job", "fake job bank account Western Union scam", "money mule moneygram scam" or something similar you will find hundreds of posts from victims and near-victims of this type of scam.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Re: Is I-Strategy Ltd a scam?

The moment things will go south, the company money trail will lead to your account. When that happens you get in trouble with the authorities and for them they are far gone.