+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Government job?

Government job?

yeah so im lookin through the paper, see this ad for a government job, part time hours full time pay blah blah. So I call the number and its some guy, jeff I think his name was, and he tells me how im supposed to go to some website that they provide for me with a list of names of ppl that are owed money from the government. My job is to write to at least 50 of these ppl a week letting them know the government owes them such and such amount of money, due to leases or mortgages or whatever the reason. and in return I get 550 a week for doing this. I guess there is like a bonus thing if I contact over a certain number a week but whatever. So everything sounds good then im informed that there is an 80$ charge for the information packet with the website and yadda yadda. refundable after two weeks. You ask me sounds like a scam outright, they wont give me any info or a website or anything until I pay the 80$? doesnt sound right. However how can they say they are a government organization and get away with that? isnt that illegal if it really is a scam? or has anyone tried this out and found it wasnt?

Re: Government job?

Its just selling information. You could always go to www.freefromscams.com look in the found money section, find people, call them up and charge them a percentage and start your own business. Personally I couldn't charge people for something they can find for free though.. most people know how to get this information on their own these days.

oh yeah if anyone was interested in actually researching this the phone # was 1-800-488-2921 its for any state except south and north Dakota? As for just selling info, the 80$ im supposed to get back after two weeks so they arent keeping it (so they say) so they wouldnt really be selling info would they? if they say im getting it back. Plus they said as long as I contact 50 ppl a week im guarenteed that 550 a week from them regardless of if they reply or not.

However how can they say they are a government organization and get away with that?
    They are not government organization. Goverment is not in business of charging people to find rerunds/returns. Also, it is an outright scam.

This is a scam!