+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: The World According to Jimmy Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Care to back that up lady mod?

We all saw Carter lie, but I don't recall President Bush lying on TV...

I know you don't mean about Iraq's WMD lady mod, because we all know that that has been investigated over and over, and was determined to be faulty intelligence, not a case of the president lying.

So could you please be more specific?

Here

and

George W. Bush has consistently LIED. He LIED when he told the people of Poland that we had found the WMD’s in the form of harmless vans. He LIED when he told us that Saddam Hussein was an imminent threat to our safety. He LIED when he said (eleven times in his SOTU speech) that Iraq was connected to the terrorists who attacked the US on 9/11. He LIED about aluminum tubes, uranium purchases, tons of chemical and biological weapons, and about his motives for invading a sovereign nation. He LIED about his support of the troops whose benefits he cut. He LIED about his education program, his AIDS concerns and his support of women’s rights. He LIED to the Congress about exhausting every diplomatic means before using his war powers. He LIED yesterday. He continues to LIE today. He will LIE tomorrow.

Interesting what a search engine will come up with these days. ;)

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Phinnly Slash Buster
    I discredit the author for several reasons.
    He clearly has a problem with facts and his insane arguments to justify torture prove this.
    He is a rabid Zionist who despises America and will support Israel when it not in America�s best interest to do so.
    He is also a plagiarist:

Will Lawrence Summers Take Action?
    Alan Dershowitz, Plagiarist?

By ALEXANDER COCKBURN
    http://www.counterpunch.org/cockburn09262003.html

The Case for Israel
    by Alan Dershowitz
    http://www.amazon.com/Case-Israel-Al.../dp/047146502X

Hillariously Nonsensical Plagiarism,
    October 8, 2006
    Reviewer: Saifedean Ammous

The worst book ever written about the Middle East is probably Joan Peters' From Time Immemorial; in this book Alan Dershowitz not only attempts to usurp that dubious honor from Peters, he also heavily plagiarizes half her book in order to do so.

The man who has made a career and a fortune as a lawyer mastering the art of defending and exonerating the guilty turns his gaze onto one of the international community's leading delinquents and most prolific violators of International Human Rights Law, International Humanitarian Law and UN Resolutions. His defending of nation states, however, is as unconvincing as his knowledge of historical events is laughable

"Dirtbag" Dershowitz is one of the filthiest wh0res in the entire legal profession. He gives lawyers a bad name like AIDS gives viruses a bad name.

You know we're talking about a really foul smelling swine here when it comes to Dirtbag. He never misses an opportunity to fly his "civil rights" flag as when he was wallowing at OJ's trough as a member of "the Ream Team". Yet, his true colors keep coming out whenever he gets a chance to advocate for his fellow Zio-Nazi's ethnic cleansing campaign in Palestine which he euphemistically refers to as "urban renewal" ...LOL

Here's an interesting video of a real scholar and expert on Middle East Affairs, Dr. Norman Finkelstein, tearing Dirtbag a few new assh0les during a debate about that crock of BS he plagiarized from the Zionist Liar and Propagandist, Joan Peters.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ein+dershowitz

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ein+dershowitz
    Last edited by dchristie; 12-03-2006 at 07:16 PM.

George W. Bush has consistently LIED. He LIED when he told the people of Poland that we had found the WMD’s in the form of harmless vans. That was not what the initial intelligence report from the CIA said. What it said was exactly what bush said in that interview. That is a fact! He LIED when he told us that Saddam Hussein was an imminent threat to our safety. President Bush NEVER said Saddam was an "imminent" threat... NEVER! However, democratic senator Jay Rockefeller, the co-chairman of the senate intelligence committee did say Iraq was an "imminent" threat. He LIED when he said (eleven times in his SOTU speech) that Iraq was connected to the terrorists who attacked the US on 9/11. You seem to forget lady mod, that the senate investigation addressed the presidents SOTU speech along with Colin Powell's speech to the U.N. and determined that everything that was said was based on the published intelligence available at the time. You also forget that both those speeches were 100% approved for their content by the CIA. Bush didn't lie. He LIED about aluminum tubes, No he didn't.. Senate investigation covered this. uranium purchases, He said Iraq was attempting to acquire uranium, not that they had actually purchased any. tons of chemical and biological weapons, Back to the senate investigation... Everything he said was part of the published intelligence at the time. Nothing the president said was manufactured or manipulated. and about his motives for invading a sovereign nation. Where's the statement, recording or sworn testimony by someone that heard any other motive than what was publicly stated? That's what I thought. He LIED about his support of the troops whose benefits he cut. Bullsh!t. He LIED about his education program, Bullsh!t. his AIDS concerns and his support of women’s rights. Double Bullsh!t He LIED to the Congress about exhausting every diplomatic means before using his war powers. Does resolution 1441 ring a bell? He LIED yesterday. He continues to LIE today. He will LIE tomorrow.
    Gee, I was sure hoping you would have made this a tough one lady mod, but it's hard for you or anyone to to prove something that just isn't true.

I must say, I am really shocked that you would knowingly lie to the extent you just did, when most of these things you posted have been proven to be bullsh!t for over two years now. Just as I was beginning to think that you were backing off the lies and partisan hatred, you go and show us all that my initial belief that the liberal ideology is centered on lies, manipulation and hatred was right on the mark.

Shame on you lady mod.

Gee, I was sure hoping you would have made this a tough one lady mod, but it's hard for you or anyone to to prove something that just isn't true.

I must say, I am really shocked that you would knowingly lie to the extent you just did, when most of these things you posted have been proven to be bullsh!t for over two years now. Just as I was beginning to think that you were backing off the lies and partisan hatred, you go and show us all that my initial belief that the liberal ideology is centered on lies, manipulation and hatred was right on the mark.

Shame on you lady mod.

Short List Of Bush Crime Gang LIES in lead up to and subsequent to Illegal Invasion Of Iraq-Nam.

"We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons."- George Bush, February 8 2003 -- LIE

"Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised." - George Bush, March 17 2003 -- LIE

"Well, there is no question that we have evidence and information that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, biological and chemical particularly . . . all this will be made clear in the course of the operation, for whatever duration it takes." - Ari Fleischer, March 21 2003 -- Bush Crime Gang LIE

"There is no doubt that the regime of Saddam Hussein possesses weapons of mass destruction. As this operation continues, those weapons will be identified, found, along with the people who have produced them and who guard them." - Gen. Tommy Franks, March 22 2003 -- Bush Crime Gang LIE

"We know where they are. They are in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad."
    - Donald Rumsfeld, March 30 2003. -- Bush Crime Gang LIE

"Iraq has trained Al Qaeda members in bomb-making and poisons and deadly gases." - Bush in October 2002. -- LIE

"Saddam Hussein aids and protects terrorists, including members of al Qaeda."
    - Bush in January 2003 State of the Union address. -- LIE

"Iraq has also provided Al Qaeda with chemical and biological weapons training." - Bush in February 2003. -- LIE

"sinister nexus between Iraq and the Al-Qaeda terrorist network."
    Powell in his U.N. speech prior to the Iraq War. Bush Crime Gang LIE

"We have removed an ally of Al Qaeda." --Bush in May 2003. -- LIE

Stated that the Iraqis were "providing bomb-making expertise and advice to the Al Qaeda organization."- Cheney in September 2003. Bush Crime Gang LIE

"Saddam had an established relationship with Al Qaeda, providing training to Al Qaeda members in the areas of poisons, gases, making conventional weapons." - Cheney in October 2003. -- Bush Crime Gang LIE

Cheney said Saddam "had long established ties with Al Qaeda." - June 14, 2004. -- Bush Crime Gang LIE

Bush said, "The reason I keep insisting that there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and Al Qaeda, because there was a relationship between Iraq and Al Qaeda."- June 17, 2004. LIE
    Last edited by dchristie; 12-03-2006 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie

Short List Of Bush Crime Gang LIES in lead up to and subsequent to Illegal Invasion Of Iraq-Nam.

"We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons."- George Bush, February 8 2003 -- LIE

"Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised." - George Bush, March 17 2003 -- LIE

"Well, there is no question that we have evidence and information that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, biological and chemical particularly . . . all this will be made clear in the course of the operation, for whatever duration it takes." - Ari Fleischer, March 21 2003 -- Bush Crime Gang LIE

"There is no doubt that the regime of Saddam Hussein possesses weapons of mass destruction. As this operation continues, those weapons will be identified, found, along with the people who have produced them and who guard them." - Gen. Tommy Franks, March 22 2003 -- Bush Crime Gang LIE

"We know where they are. They are in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad."
    - Donald Rumsfeld, March 30 2003. -- Bush Crime Gang LIE

"Iraq has trained Al Qaeda members in bomb-making and poisons and deadly gases." - Bush in October 2002. -- LIE

"Saddam Hussein aids and protects terrorists, including members of al Qaeda."
    - Bush in January 2003 State of the Union address. -- LIE

"Iraq has also provided Al Qaeda with chemical and biological weapons training." - Bush in February 2003. -- LIE

"sinister nexus between Iraq and the Al-Qaeda terrorist network."
    Powell in his U.N. speech prior to the Iraq War. Bush Crime Gang LIE

"We have removed an ally of Al Qaeda." --Bush in May 2003. -- LIE

Stated that the Iraqis were "providing bomb-making expertise and advice to the Al Qaeda organization."- Cheney in September 2003. Bush Crime Gang LIE

"Saddam had an established relationship with Al Qaeda, providing training to Al Qaeda members in the areas of poisons, gases, making conventional weapons." - Cheney in October 2003. -- Bush Crime Gang LIE

Cheney said Saddam "had long established ties with Al Qaeda." - June 14, 2004. -- Bush Crime Gang LIE

Bush said, "The reason I keep insisting that there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and Al Qaeda, because there was a relationship between Iraq and Al Qaeda."- June 17, 2004. LIE

Good post egghead, looks lke you spelled "LIE" right every time, although it must have been a struggle, but you made us all proud

way to go

putz
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

Shame on you lady mod.

Might I remind you Grim of what your question was:

We all saw Carter lie, but I don't recall President Bush lying on TV...
    When he said all these things no one had manipulated anything to prove he was telling the truth. That didn't start happening until 2 years later when the war started to come under question.

You never asked if he was ever vindicated, which I don't believe he ever was but for the sake of further argument we won't go there. You merely asked if he ever lied on television.

He has. I pointed out some of where there is data to prove it by simply showing his own words.

Preventive war, which is what Iraq was, exceeds the ter.ms of reference of the UN Charter which allows for a defensive war under Article 51. The US administration interpreted REsolution 1441 as the green light to go to war if there were material breaches without need for the UNSC to ratify the intervention. But their legal interpretation was by no means unanimously accepted.

Russia, Chin and France issued a joint statement shortly after the resolution was passed clarifying that the resolution did NOT im0ply any "automaticity in the use of force' against IRaq. In the US, a gouping of professors of law and practicing lawyers, urged the Bush administration to follow "the [US] Constitution, to comply with the UN Charter, and not unilaterally attack Iraq." They argued that Resolution 1441 did not authorize member states to unilaterally attack Iraq. Instead, it requires the Security Council to decide on what to do about possible Iraqi violation. Other organisations such as Pax Christi added weight to this interpretation "Resolution 1441 offers no legal grounds for the use of violence, certainly not for any unilateral action outside the UN."

Britain uged the US administration to await a second resolution before going to war. The vote of the UNSC became the subject of intense horse-trading by the US and UK governments to ensure the requisite majority was achieved. It was clear that the US administration could not legitimately attack Iraq without further UNSC resolution.

War should have been the Last resort. Iraq was not a threat.

Bush lied. The buck stops with him. He has said so himself, on National television. He is the responsible party. Are you calling him a liar now too?

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 12-03-2006 at 11:52 PM.

May I remind you, that a "lie" is a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive... An intentional untruth. That was not the case in the examples you posted. What the president stated was what the intelligence community and many world wide intelligence services concluded was the truth... They are the ones who got it wrong, but the president had no way of knowing that at the time. Like I already said, this was investigated many times and every investigation concluded the same thing I just stated.

You can also argue resolution 1441 all you want, but the bottom line is, the senate, congress and the majority of the American people (along with 33 other nations) supported our invasion of Iraq.

Last edited by Grim17; 12-04-2006 at 12:17 AM.