+ Reply to Thread

I Need Honest Opinions On This

This post may be more appropriate on mlm marketing boards. But........the reason that I'm posting it here is because I know that there are many posters on scam.com, who are down on business opps because some where, some time, someone must always lose with most opps! And I would be the last person to ever want to rip anybody off. To steal is to steal whether it's by lies or just walking into their house and robbing them at gunpoint.....it's all the same.

My concept of the first ever honest and free to join business opp is an OPT IN WITH ME system. It would be an affiliate program where a software package was sold on a 1 - up system. The price of $125.00 and the commission pay out $100.00. That's the legal 75% by the way.

OPT IN WITH ME would work like this:

Let's call my example participant "Joe". Joe joins for free and uses a promotional system with no cost what so ever. Joe promotes this free to join affiliate program until Joe receives 3 OPT IN WITH ME participants. Joe gets 3 OPT IN WITH ME participants who agree to become paid members when they get their 3, at that time Joe purchases the software. Now Joe knows the worse he can do with this is to gain $75.00. Because before Joe pays anything, he has 3 people who have agreed to become paid members with him!

The obvious flaw is what happens if one, two or all three of Joes opt ins do nothing and back out on their end of the deal?? Well, considering it is free to participate, Joe will be able to refer at least 1 person a day. I know from experience that there are enough people out there who are serious about making money online, of only 5 total people 3 or 4 of them will do the work and keep their word. This will exclude the dead beats from hurting the system.

And another part of this system is that everyone who joins must reply to an email message to say that they are serious about participating.

Another great thing about this is that when a person gets their 3 participants, they must become a paid member within 24 hours. If they do not their opt in with me participants will be moved to somebody else! This keeps all the active members in one pool.

There are other details as well, but the main thing I wanted your opinion on was the opt in with me system.

Well, I better put on my bullet proof vest because I'm about to get shot down. I just wanted to know if you'd call this style of system a "scam". Thank you for your replies.

Re: I Need Honest Opinions On This

This would be considered an illegal pyramid scheme.

Oh no, there is a software product being sold. And there would be final sales.

It's better than the ol "do nothing and make millions" crap all over the internet.

There are compainies that have been in business for years using a 1 - up or 2 - up payment plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean19693
    There are compainies that have been in business for years using a 1 - up or 2 - up payment plan.
    Yes, but they lose 80%-90% of signups each year, so they must recruit new ones. I guess thats exactly what you do right now.

You asked if this is legitimate and I answered your question. If your profits come mainly from recruiting other people, as you described, rather than from selling the product, then it's a pyramid scheme. Ask yourself, would I buy this product if there was no income opportunity associated with it? Is it a good value in and of itself? If your answer is no, then it's not a legitimate sales/marketing business.

Pyramid scheme.

$100 Gas card - Your Gift Cards - 1/1 Recieved (Visa) - 07-24-06
    $50 Gift Card - The Useful - 1/1 Recieved ($75) - 03-27-06
    $50 Walmart Gift Card - 50DollarGiftCard - 1/1 Recieved - 04-03-06
    Xbox 360 - Gadget City - 4/4 Received ($300 gift card) - 05-01-06
    42" Plasma - Every Free Gift - 6/6 Recieved ($1000 check) - 07-06-06
    TIVO+Samsung 30" HDTV - Must Have Free Gifts - 3/3 Recieved ($950 check) - 12-08-06

Cheap Lunch Total: $2475

Seems to be the very definition of a scam.

At best a "disguised" pyramid scheme. Your "product" does seem like an afterthought - don't you agree?

Just caught this bughumper running a cash gifting ring - that uses radio ads and the Special Olympics to get more members/victims.

Domain name: cashgiftingoffline.com

Registrant Contact:
    TWP
    Dean Fischer

P.O. Box 92
    Mowrystown, Ohio 45155
    US

Administrative Contact:
    TWP
    Dean Fischer ( [email protected] )
    +1.2063331198
    Fax: +1.5555555555
    P.O. Box 92
    Mowrystown, Ohio 45155
    US

Technical Contact:
    TWP
    Dean Fischer ( teamweprofit[email protected] )
    +1.2063331198
    Fax: +1.5555555555
    P.O. Box 92
    Mowrystown, Ohio 45155
    US

Name Servers:
    ns1119.hostgator.com
    ns1120.hostgator.com

Creation date: 17 Sep 2008 05:45:41
    Expiration date: 17 Sep 2009 05:45:41

Yup, it's the same Dean who started this thread. I'm putting together a more comprehensive list of his members and scams right now for us all to dig into.

This is just a Pyramid Scheme. In general any idea you have there are probably other people that have had the same idea. Always do your research.

Good riddance. But I think they have re branded for this year. Not sure though but I read this on an article lately.

Hey Frogskins, can you please say WHY you think the structure is illegal. I personally hate MLM (any brand) but I want to know what makes this illegal and what would need to be done to make it legal. Are people on the street really expected to know the legal intricacies of MLM law?
    Trust only your birth mother!

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?1...254#post294254;
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteor
    Hey Frogskins, can you please say WHY you think the structure is illegal. I personally hate MLM (any brand) but I want to know what makes this illegal and what would need to be done to make it legal. Are people on the street really expected to know the legal intricacies of MLM law?
    I would recommend that you not hold your breath until a response is provided.

You actually expect a response from a 9 (nine) year old post?

LoL

:yelcutelaughA:
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

What is this? This thread is ancient?
    Trust only your birth mother!