+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Something I Feel I Have To Go Public With.

For the record, I'm not a paranoid guy. I don't see evil around every corner. In fact, I'm quite the opposite. 99% of the time give people the benefit of the doubt about what their intentions might be, but I felt I needed to at least state on the record a bad feeling that came over me last night while lying in bed.

I was listening to the radio, and the host was talking about those 6 Imams
    in that incident at the Minneapolis airport. After hearing some of the facts about their behavior, I started to get this feeling that this whole incident could have been part of a dark plan. Like I said, I'm not one taken in by conspiracy theories, but there are some things that set off a red flag to me.

It seems these men were going out of their way to invoke exactly the response from people that they got. They were overheard talking about Muslim oppression in America, and wouldn't you think that these men would know better than to publicly talk about things like that in an airport? They have the right to talk about anything they want, but this seems to be "Asking for problems" don't you think? It's a matter of common sense.

Then there's the fact that these men were together, yet they didn't sit together on the plane. They chose to sit in 6 completely different locations on the plane, without one being seated near another.

Now here is the part that brought the "Bad" feeling that something wasn't right. A stewardess on the plane said to the media, that each of these men asked for seatbelt extensions, but said than none of these men appeared to be obese. You may ask why this brought the bad feeling upon me. Well, it just dawned on me, that It seemed as though they were trying to get airline employees used to Muslim men asking for seatbelt extensions, so in the future should a Muslim man have a bomb strapped to his waist, the extension will accommodate it. I know that sounds kind of "Far out there", but coupled with the other outstanding facts surrounding this incident, that feeling just hit me.

Maybe this whole incident was designed to get America back to a pre 9/11 mentality, by forcing airlines (by threat of lawsuit) to not question Muslim men who act in the manner they did. That way when the time comes for the next attack, nobody will dare question them out of fear of legal action being taken. Also, keep in mind that this happens just before the busiest travel day of the year... Thanksgiving.

I'm sure many of my adversaries on this board will seize this opportunity to call me paranoid, and any other name they can come up with out of spite, but I just felt an obligation to make this feeling of mine known. My conscience wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited by Grim17; 11-23-2006 at 08:57 PM.

pawnstar Guest

Re: Something I Feel I Have To Go Public With.

i will again agree that this may be the case.
    sorry if you get flack from others for me agreeing with you but,the possability exists. its lawyers like JOHN EDWARDS that would sue over this incident.
    when it comes to safety we all should be willing to give up something to protect our country. terrorists never stop planning.they lay in wait for us to become relaxed about the threat of terror.
    the people who don't want profiling are just shallow minded.
    if it looks,walks,and talks like a duck,its a duck.
    as i recall all the terrorists on 9-11 were muslim,not one baptist in the bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    For the record, I'm not a paranoid guy. I don't see evil around every corner. In fact, I'm quite the opposite. 99% of the time give people the benefit of the doubt about what their intentions might be, but I felt I needed to at least state on the record a bad feeling that came over me last night while lying in bed.

I was listening to the radio, and the host was talking about those 6 Imams
    in that incident at the Minneapolis airport. After hearing some of the facts about their behavior, I started to get this feeling that this whole incident could have been part of a dark plan. Like I said, I'm not one taken in by conspiracy theories, but there are some things that set off a red flag to me.

It seems these men were going out of their way to invoke exactly the response from people that they got. They were overheard talking about Muslim oppression in America, and wouldn't you think that these men would know better than to publicly talk about things like that in an airport? They have the right to talk about anything they want, but this seems to be "Asking for problems" don't you think? It's a matter of common sense.

Then there's the fact that these men were together, yet they didn't sit together on the plane. They chose to sit in 6 completely different locations on the plane, without one being seated near another.

Now here is the part that brought the "Bad" feeling that something wasn't right. A stewardess on the plane said to the media, that each of these men asked for seatbelt extensions, but said than none of these men appeared to be obese. You may ask why this brought the bad feeling upon me. Well, it just dawned on me, that It seemed as though they were trying to get airline employees used to Muslim men asking for seatbelt extensions, so in the future should a Muslim man have a bomb strapped to his waist, the extension will accommodate it. I know that sounds kind of "Far out there", but coupled with the other outstanding facts surrounding this incident, that feeling just hit me.

Maybe this whole incident was designed to get America back to a pre 9/11 mentality, by forcing airlines (by threat of lawsuit) to not question Muslim men who act in the manner they did. That way when the time comes for the next attack, nobody will dare question them out of fear of legal action being taken. Also, keep in mind that this happens just before the busiest travel day of the year... Thanksgiving.

I'm sure many of my adversaries on this board will seize this opportunity to call me paranoid, and any other name they can come up with out of spite, but I just felt an obligation to make this feeling of mine known. My conscience wouldn't have it any other way.

Hi Grim,

I would never discourage anyone for following their gut instincts - you are no exception.

From what I have read, these men live here in the states. Do you know if this is true?

Here's what I think about this:

They brought this incident on themselves. They had to know they would draw attention to themselves by making anti-American remarks and praying to Allah in an airport. I am not against their prayers - I know alot of people who say a prayer before they travel on a plane! But I think they should have said them in private, or maybe outside of the airport before entering the premises - out of sight or earshot of other passengers. Doing it anywhere in the terminal would naturally raise suspicions - it was terribly bad judgement on their part.

It's unfortunate that the Muslim community is stereotyped in this way. I'm not saying it is okay - but it is what it is... and I would think they all know this by now. They need to put forth a little more effort that non-Muslims do when it comes to doing certain things in this country. Again, I'm not saying this is okay - but it is what it is.

IF they really are innocent, they should be grateful to see that airlines employees and passengers are paying attention to their surroundings - because this could someday save their own lives from other people of Muslim descent who may not be so innocent. They need to accept the airlines apology, take this as a learning experience and not be so stupid in the future.

I don't think the airlines or law enforcement can back down on this. They cannot coddle these 6 men. The message needs to be made CLEAR to them, and everyone else, that the behavior they displayed cannot and will not be tolorated in any airport, anywhere in the U.S..

If the 6 sue the airlines, I think you are right that this will "soften" the airlines approach to situations like this in the future. Therefore, I advocate that the GOVERNMENT - as a part of Homeland Security - should be responsible for the financial burden. The airlines DID THE RIGHT THING - why should they suffer the loss??

Okay - I'm done.
    (and the turkey ALMOST is too!!) :)

I Gotta go with ya Grim. If the gut feeling is 'suspicious' then they need to be looked at closely. No sense in repeating what CV said... I'm with ya!

Turkey almost done... pie, done... dressing (yuk, but almost done) cranberries, (yum, chillin'), taters... in the wings, green beans, done... wine... tasty
    and Christmas tree... even, level and lights on it :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by pawnstar
    if it looks,walks,and talks like a duck,its a duck.
    as i recall all the terrorists on 9-11 were muslim,not one baptist in the bunch
    Ugh. I'm a Christian, and even I'm offended by that. So Christians aren't capable of blowing stuff up and killing people? Don't be absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    Ugh. I'm a Christian, and even I'm offended by that. So Christians aren't capable of blowing stuff up and killing people? Don't be absurd.
    Thank you! I take back most everything thing I've ever thought or said about you. ;)

Lady Mod

Grim I had the same kind of feeling come over me when I saw the broadcast on 9/11. Now mind you, I voted for Bush, was not aware of conspiracy theories and didn't follow politics at that time. I didn't even know that such a thing as a conspiracy theory existed.

The first thought I had when I saw the airplanes hit the towers was "George Bush, what have you done?"

And I've continued to wonder that ever since.

Lady Mod

Umm...just one question. Do you really believe in this day and age that its possible for anyone, man, woman, child, muslim, christian or even a little old lady from Pasadena to get on board an airplane with a bomb strapped to their waist?

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi
    Umm...just one question. Do you really believe in this day and age that its possible for anyone, man, woman, child, muslim, christian or even a little old lady from Pasadena to get on board an airplane with a bomb strapped to their waist?
    Honestly, I just don't know. It was just the first thing that popped into my mind when I heard about them wanting seatbelt extensions, yet none of them was overly obese.

Unfortunately, yes. So if somebody is doing something suspicious, yeah, report it. Most airports, if not all, require all employees to keep an eye out.

Every passenger should be issued a firearm before boarding an aircraft

problem solved
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    Every passenger should be issued a firearm before boarding an aircraft

problem solved
    Why do you believe this will solve the problem? Are there any new problems that would result if everyone on the plane were armed? What if you and dchristie were on the same flight? :D

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi
    What if you and dchristie were on the same flight? :D
    DieChrist has to get off the governments "no fly" list before that can happen, and considering where he chooses to hang his hat, that isn't likely to take place in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Honestly, I just don't know. It was just the first thing that popped into my mind when I heard about them wanting seatbelt extensions, yet none of them was overly obese.
    Really? The first thing to pop into my head was about them using the extensions as weapons. As in putting them around someone's neck and controlling them or as ties of some kind.

Lady MOd

Definitely a curious bit of business. As you said, they would obviously know that their actions would draw attention to them. So...there must be a motive of some kind, and it can't be a humanitarian one.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Really? The first thing to pop into my head was about them using the extensions as weapons. As in putting them around someone's neck and controlling them or as ties of some kind.

Lady MOd
    Good theory lady mod.