+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Why there is increase in terrorist organization"

I don't know what to make of this. I really don't. But I think it's important to share.

Re: "Why there is increase in terrorist organization"

It's true, this is partly what i've been saying. That hunting them down and killing them won't solve the problem. It comes down to getting into these peoples heads and letting go of our egos so we can actually make some progress in this matter.

I really think "getting into their heads" is a lost cause...these people are
    working toward an "armegeddon" so their messiah will come out of a well!

Do you have the honesty and integrity to post a video of the many soldiers who give many bottles of water to Iraqis?

I based my answers on logical explaination and not on self made-up prophecy/fairytale and second-guessed goals of terrorists.

The simple reason based on logic is the rise of terrorism is when a country lose its governing. For example in iraq, Saddam was the governing power keeping at bay the militia of shiites and also the radical sunnis.

When we invaded iraq this factor has been taken away.

We also added the Grieves and desperations factor for them by stalling for so long while the civilians death tolls piled up which are perfect icing on the cake for terror to prospect new member into their terror network.

So for terrorist organizations, this two factor are important for them to strengthen their network. With the right market and the prospects they will definitely grows in numbers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Afghan growth of terror market after the investment made by Bush

Afghanistan was experiencing more than 600 security incidents a month as of the end of September, up from 300 a month at the end of March this year

Sept. 26, 2006 - A suicide bomber on foot kills 18 and wounds 17 in attack outside compound of Helmand provincial governor in town of Lashkar Gah.
    Sept. 18, 2006 - Bomber riding a bicycle targets Canadian troops, killing 4 people and wounding many others in Kandahar providence.
    Sept. 11, 2006 - Suicide bomber kills five attending the funeral of a slain governor, who was killed a day earlier in a suicide attack.
    Sept. 8, 2006 - Car bomber rams U.S. convoy in Kabul, killing 16, including two American soldiers.
    Sept. 4, 2006 - Suicide car bombing kills 1 British soldier, 4 Afghans in Kabul.
    Aug. 28, 2006 - 21 civilians killed by suicide bomber targeting an ex-police chief in Lashkar Gah.
    Aug. 3, 2006 - 21 civilians killed in a suicide car bombing near Canadian military vehicles in town market in Kandahar province.
    Jan. 16, 2006 - A man with explosives strapped to his body drives a motorbike into a crowd watching a wrestling match in Kandahar province and kills 21 people.
    Jan. 15, 2006 - A car bomber slams into a Canadian military convoy in Kandahar city, killing two passers-by and a senior Canadian diplomat.
    Jan. 5, 2006 - A militant blows himself up in a town in central Uruzgan province during a supposedly secret visit by the U.S. ambassador, killing 10 Afghans.

Nov. 14, 2005 - Twin suicide car bombings target NATO peacekeepers in Kabul, killing a German soldier and eight Afghans.
    Oct. 10, 2005 - Two suicide attackers explode bombs in the southern city of Kandahar, killing three people.
    Sept. 28, 2005 - A suicide bomber on a motorbike kills nine Afghan soldiers outside an army training center in Kabul.
    June 1, 2005 - A suspected al-Qaida fighter detonates explosives strapped to his body in a mosque in Kandahar city, killing 20 worshippers.
    May 8, 2005 - A militant kills a U.N. worker from Myanmar and an Afghan in an attack on an Internet cafe in Kabul.

Dec. 29, 2003 - Five Afghan security officers are killed when a man they arrested blows himself up in Kabul.
    June 7, 2003 - A taxi packed with explosives blows up near a bus carrying German peacekeepers driving to Kabul airport to fly home, killing four soldiers and an Afghan.

:(
    Last edited by RememberMyName; 11-21-2006 at 11:29 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing ."
    - Edmund Burke 1729—1797

"A leader is someone who ask all the questions and lead others with his own answers while a follower is someone who never ask questions and follow others with his own blindness."
    - Christian A. Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    That clip doesnt go over the heads of anyone and it is in really poor taste
    to run it. Why dont you also run a clip of the millions of good things our
    brave men and women have done????????? But that wouldnt promote
    the agenda would it?

TheWorker Guest

yea just what we all needed, to invade a dirt country so we can feed them....

9. 11-21-2006, 07:26 PM

Nice clip Ronald, you seem to be comming around.

I couldn't understand some of it because of the accent but got most of it and the general gist of the clip made a lot of sense to me. While we can't fight the war on terror siting around a fire singing cumbayaa, there may be alternate means other than blowing them all up as they seem to keep getting replacements who have even more anger for us blowing them up.

I think he's right, there is a reason why terrorist thrive in certain enviroments. You take a group of people who feel they have been deprived or they're extremely poor and feel they have nothing else to loose. Add religion (and a twisting of religion) and promises by these dicators to make their lives better and to make those pay who did them wrong and you have a recipe for disaster. I would say that muslim extremism has probably killed less people than other terrorist regimes like hitler, stalin, etc.

Take the jews, hitler and Israel for example. Germany blamed the jews for their problems, their economy was in ruins and Hitler came along and got into power because of that. His country was a terrorist organization and look at all the jews he killed and terrorized. They fled, formed Israel and the Israel goverment in turn terrorized the Palestenians by forcing them off their land by scare tactics and tanks, taking over land and refusing to let them return. Some of these palestinians in turn became terrorists against their agressor and its a never ending cycle. Both sides have done wrong but neither one will sit down and address the real issue. If the palestenians were allowed to return home they would quit their attacks on Israel but there are jews that now live on their property and they're not going to give up their homes either. Can you really blame the citizens on either side?

That's just one rather complex issue that gets peoples hot buttons going but both sides have legitimate reasons for not giving in.

It would be nice if the major nations of this world could address the issues that help terrorists to breed and maybe help stop the spread. Killing all of them isn't the only answer and will ignite further fires, but the question is where do you draw the line and have to keep killing?

Quote Originally Posted by goodwitchofthesouth
    That clip doesnt go over the heads of anyone and it is in really poor taste
    to run it. Why dont you also run a clip of the millions of good things our
    brave men and women have done????????? But that wouldnt promote
    the agenda would it?
    First of all, it's not in poor taste to show that clip at all. It's real, and it's symptomatic of the disconnect between our foreign policy and the real people in Iraq.

You can show heartwarming videos of soliders kicking around soccer balls with Iraqi kids on your own time, nobody is going to stop you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Button

I couldn't understand some of it because of the accent but got most of it and the general gist of the clip made a lot of sense to me. While we can't fight the war on terror siting around a fire singing cumbayaa, there may be alternate means other than blowing them all up as they seem to keep getting replacements who have even more anger for us blowing them up.

I think he's right, there is a reason why terrorist thrive in certain enviroments. You take a group of people who feel they have been deprived or they're extremely poor and feel they have nothing else to loose. Add religion (and a twisting of religion) and promises by these dicators to make their lives better and to make those pay who did them wrong and you have a recipe for disaster. I would say that muslim extremism has probably killed less people than other terrorist regimes like hitler, stalin, etc.

Take the jews, hitler and Israel for example. Germany blamed the jews for their problems, their economy was in ruins and Hitler came along and got into power because of that. His country was a terrorist organization and look at all the jews he killed and terrorized. They fled, formed Israel and the Israel goverment in turn terrorized the Palestenians by forcing them off their land by scare tactics and tanks, taking over land and refusing to let them return. Some of these palestinians in turn became terrorists against their agressor and its a never ending cycle. Both sides have done wrong but neither one will sit down and address the real issue. If the palestenians were allowed to return home they would quit their attacks on Israel but there are jews that now live on their property and they're not going to give up their homes either. Can you really blame the citizens on either side?

That's just one rather complex issue that gets peoples hot buttons going but both sides have legitimate reasons for not giving in.

It would be nice if the major nations of this world could address the issues that help terrorists to breed and maybe help stop the spread. Killing all of them isn't the only answer and will ignite further fires, but the question is where do you draw the line and have to keep killing?

Here;s the biggest problem button, everyone has taken their side and has decided the other side is evil incarnate. When in reality, the answer is for one side to drop its ego and help the other side do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Button

Well, personally, I feel that even if Palestinian was nuked off the map, let alone the injustices committed against it now, it gives absolutely no right to high-jack a civilian airplane and fly it into a building full of civilians. How does that wrong justify this wrong? I think this particular Muslim was hugely irresponsible for not condemning without any buts, and should have saved his Palestinian speech for a question that related to it.

As well, I don't buy the "scapegoat" simplification of why the Jews were so heavily hated in Nazi Germany. It wouldn't make any sense if you said: "People hate whites or blacks because they're scapegoating." Non-sense. Racism is irrational hate, but it is fuelled by real circumstances. I love my black preacher, but you've got to admit that the statistics show there are a lot of black people in jail. I don't propose racism, and I'm not racist, but I don't think it's right to overlook some of the concerns that drive racism.

I don't believe in racism, but if you constantly dismiss people who are as PURELY irrational without addressing social concerns, I think that's harmful.

I'm not saying I know why Nazis hated Jews, but I'm just saying I don't buy the scapegoat theory... not for that situation and not for any situation that has racial tensions, from the Rwandan genocide to anything.
    Last edited by Ronald; 11-22-2006 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cscirpoli
    Here;s the biggest problem button, everyone has taken their side and has decided the other side is evil incarnate. When in reality, the answer is for one side to drop its ego and help the other side do the same.
    I disagree. I think the terrorists who flew those airplanes into those buildings were evil. I don't think Muslims are evil. I don't even think the people who sympathize with the terrorists are evil. Call me a crazy bigot, but I do think that deliberately killing civilians is evil.

First of all, it's not in poor taste to show that clip at all. It's real, and it's symptomatic of the disconnect between our foreign policy and the real people in Iraq.

You can show heartwarming videos of soliders kicking around soccer balls with Iraqi kids on your own time, nobody is going to stop you at all.
    But you didn't answer my question.

Do you have the honesty and integrity to post a video of the many soldiers who give many bottles of water to Iraqis? Or post a video showing soldiers doing other humanitarian work?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    But you didn't answer my question.

Do you have the honesty and integrity to post a video of the many soldiers who give many bottles of water to Iraqis? Or post a video showing soldiers doing other humanitarian work?
    I have the integrity, I don't see what it has to do with the video I did post, and what it has to do with the topic at large. Inasmuch I think your question even needs an answer, I have answered it. It's a loaded question, though. It assumes that because one is a video of a good deed and one a bad, that I should choose the good deed. They're both equally honest and real. I posted one, you took issue. Here's an idea, take issue by posting the other side.

I posted the one I did because I felt it to be a microcosmic symptom of what is wrong with our foreign policy. I think it says it pretty plainly.

Note, the video is also in the top ten of youtube, fark, digg, and numerous blogs. I'm not alone in my reaction to it.

You want to see that video so badly, or if you want to show it, you post it. Is that so hard?
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 11-22-2006 at 01:51 AM.

While I hate the war I bristle at anything that strives to make our soldiers
    out in a bad light and it would only be right to balance it with something
    positive.