Poll: Is abortion murder?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Abortion?

ChildOfGod Guest

Abortion?

Would you consider abortion in these four cicumstances?

1. There is a preacher and wife who are very, very poor. They already have 14 kids. Now she finds out she is pregnant with her 15th. They are living in tremendous poverty. Considering their poverty and the excessive world population, would you consider recommending abortion?

2. The father is sick with sniffles, the mother has Tb. They have 4 children. The first is blind, the second is dead. The third is deaf and the fourth has TB. The mother finds she is pregnant again. Given the extreme situation, would you recommend abortion?

3. A man raped a 13 year old black girl and she got pregnant. If you were her parents, would you consider recommending abortion?

4. A teenage girl is pregnant. She is not married. Her fiancee is not the father of the baby, and he is very upset. Would you recommend an abortion?

If you answered "yes" to any of these situations:

In the first case you would have killed John Wesley, one of the gret evangelists of the 19th century.

In the second case you would have killed Beethoven.

In the third case you would have killed Ethel Waters, the great black gospel singer.

In the fourth case you would have recommended the murder of Jesus Christ.

With U.S. abortion deaths topping 30 million, only God knows what we have sacrificed in lost human talent and creativity.

Borrowed from Chick Publications
    Last edited by ChildOfGod; 11-20-2006 at 05:35 PM.

ChildOfGod Guest

Re: Abortion?

Aborted Baby Parts For Sale
    :eek:

To read this article click HERE

ChildOfGod Guest

Must read story click HERE Photo included, not for the squeemish :eek:

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

meh. The great minds of the past were only considered great compared to the others of the time.

If there was no Beethoven, someone else would have had the limelight, the money, the fame and the songs.

Greatness is relative. You could have an island with 100 people on it with no contact with the outside world and one would be considered the greatest in all the lands. Thats human nature.

Consider this - In situation 1, how many of the other 14 never got a proper education and were overlooked by society becuase the family couldn't afford to send them to college? Perhaps John wasn't the smartest of his family, he just got a lucky break.

The rest could have similar outcomes.

Most people revere the President of the United States a great man. If he were to die from a heart attack do you not think there is another great man to take the position?

There are millions of extremely tallented youth today in all aspects and very few are recognised.

Fame is nothing more than a talent contest.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfGod
    Would you consider abortion in these four cicumstances?

1. There is a preacher and wife who are very, very poor. They already have 14 kids. Now she finds out she is pregnant with her 15th. They are living in tremendous poverty. Considering their poverty and the excessive world population, would you consider recommending abortion?

2. The father is sick with sniffles, the mother has Tb. They have 4 children. The first is blind, the second is dead. The third is deaf and the fourth has TB. The mother finds she is pregnant again. Given the extreme situation, would you recommend abortion?

3. A man raped a 13 year old black girl and she got pregnant. If you were her parents, would you consider recommending abortion?

4. A teenage girl is pregnant. She is not married. Her fiancee is not the father of the baby, and he is very upset. Would you recommend an abortion?

If you answered "yes" to any of these situations:

In the first case you would have killed John Wesley, one of the gret evangelists of the 19th century.

In the second case you would have killed Beethoven.

In the third case you would have killed Ethel Waters, the great black gospel singer.

In the fourth case you would have recommended the murder of Jesus Christ.

With U.S. abortion deaths topping 30 million, only God knows what we have sacrificed in lost human talent and creativity.

Borrowed from Chick Publications
    Here's where I stand:

http://scam.com/showthread.php?p=206966#post206966

Hot

ChildOfGod Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag
    meh. The great minds of the past were only considered great compared to the others of the time.

If there was no Beethoven, someone else would have had the limelight, the money, the fame and the songs.

Greatness is relative. You could have an island with 100 people on it with no contact with the outside world and one would be considered the greatest in all the lands. Thats human nature.

Consider this - In situation 1, how many of the other 14 never got a proper education and were overlooked by society becuase the family couldn't afford to send them to college? Perhaps John wasn't the smartest of his family, he just got a lucky break.

The rest could have similar outcomes.

Most people revere the President of the United States a great man. If he were to die from a heart attack do you not think there is another great man to take the position?

There are millions of extremely tallented youth today in all aspects and very few are recognised.

Fame is nothing more than a talent contest.

This has nothing to do with fame. They are merely examples of the lives lost to abortion. When women have abortions they fail to realize the potential for their unborn child. Also, in my opinion, abortion is selfish, especially when there is the option of adoption. There are thousands of couples who would give anything for a child yet they never have the chance because some women would rather kill their babies then let someone else love them. It is also murder and the mothers who choose to have their babies aborted, along with the doctors, politicians and lobbyists that pass the laws allowing abortion will be judged accordingly by our Father. America is falling away from Christ, and this only one of the reasons. Too many people quote scripture saying we are to follow the law of the land. What they fail to remember is that we are to follow God's law first. Just because our earthly laws say abortion is legal, doesn't make it right with God. There is no justified reason for abortion.
    Last edited by ChildOfGod; 11-20-2006 at 06:38 PM.

ChildOfGod Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HotParadox
    That's a good thing you are doing HP. However, I have a question. Do you attempt to steer women away from the abortion option or do you simply sit by and allow them to make that choice without the knowledge of murder being a sin? Some women are so distraught by their personal cicumstances that they may not be thinking about the whole picture. I understand if you can't involve religion in your work, but do you at least make an attempt to save the unborn babies from the sin of their mothers?

This has nothing to do with fame. They are merely examples of the lives lost to abortion. When women have abortions they fail to realize the potential for their unborn child. Also, in my opinion, abortion is selfish, especially when there is the option of adoption. There are thousands of couples who would give anything for a child yet they never have the chance because some women would rather kill their babies then let someone else love them. It is also murder and the mothers who choose to have their babies aborted, along with the doctors, politicians and lobbyists that pass the laws allowing abortion will be judged accordingly by our Father. America is falling away from Christ, and this only one of the reasons. Too many people quote scripture saying we are to follow the law of the land. What they fail to remember is that we are to follow God's law first. Just because our earthly laws say abortion is legal, doesn't make it right with God. There is no justified reason for abortion.
    It has everything to do with fame. Every child has potential and it is up to each child to achieve it. Every child without a severe mental defect has the ability to become a beethoven. If he didn't do it, someone else would have.

Selfish? With the world population nearing 7 billiona and millions on the waiting list for adoption, the people who are being selfish are the people who are only willing to adopt a newborn infant and will not consider a 5 year old.

Americans falling away from christ? Well it's about bloody time! Its been 2000 years of this nonsense. How about we start to rely on family values instead of kidscrewing priests?

What there is no justified reason for is overpopulating the world beyond 7 billion. That, sir, is the real tragedy.

ChildOfGod Guest

Over poulation is not a sin whereas, murder of innocents is. You are niave and single-minded. Your concern is for this earth and not for the lost children who never were given the chance to glorify God. God created life to please Him and give glory to Him. Murdering His children do not give Him glory or pleasure. We are not to be so concerned with this world, as it can and will be taken away in an instant. We are to live according to God's Word, not man's. You are obviously not a very spiritual person L-j. :(

That's a good thing you are doing HP. However, I have a question. Do you attempt to steer women away from the abortion option or do you simply sit by and allow them to make that choice without the knowledge of murder being a sin? Some women are so distraught by their personal cicumstances that they may not be thinking about the whole picture. I understand if you can't involve religion in your work, but do you at least make an attempt to save the unborn babies from the sin of their mothers?
    Good questions. We are a Christian organization and if you go to the site I provided, you'll see that. Click on all the links.

As a Christian based organization we are allowed to share our faith to all, but the last thing a counselor would say to an abortion-minded client is "Have an abortion and you will go straight to hell". Their are those who are not interested in hearing about God for whatever their reasons, and we respect that. They may in time, but for now we would simply present to them: what services we provide for them, their unborn child and their born children. That may be all they care to hear about and that's okay. Our main goal in the beginning is to save the child. If we are successful, then we have the entire pregnancy and then one year after the birth of the child to help bring them to faith (that is to say, the woman/her family receives counseling and services until the child turns one year old).

We are the voice for those who have no voice and have no rights under the law. We are advertised in the Yellow Pages under "Abortion Alternatives". We do not refer our clients to abortion clinics, but we respect their right to choose under the law; in other words, we humbly serve them, carry forth with compassion and understand that God is the judge; thusly, we are non-judgemental.

If a woman is abortion-minded, I ask her to at least work with me for a few sessions before she makes a decision. I try to help her understand that there is no immediate rush, she has several weeks/months to make a decision and that if she chooses abortion, there is no going back.

So far, in all the years I've been involved, I've not lost one child yet and I've had many women become faithful Christians who never knew God.

All the staff and volunteers are Protestant and Catholic men and women who work tirelessly together- as Christians- for the Lord without regard to a person's faith or lack of.

COG One last note: In all my years, not I not nor one of our counselors has heard a Mom or Dad say: "Gee, wish I had had that abortion." Always, they are delighted to parent that child or to have placed their child in the arms of another woman.

Hot
    Last edited by HotParadox; 11-20-2006 at 08:34 PM.

ChildOfGod Guest

I'm very happy to hear that Hp :D There are too many people just willing to give up on these children. I pray that your efforts continue to save those lost souls.

I'm very happy to hear that Hp :D There are too many people just willing to give up on these children. I pray that your efforts continue to save those lost souls.
    Thank you, COG.

It's one thing to talk about this; it's quite another to actively do something about it.

If you are interested in volunteering in your area, PM me and I'll be happy to help you out with details. :)

Hot

Over poulation is not a sin whereas, murder of innocents is. You are niave and single-minded. Your concern is for this earth and not for the lost children who never were given the chance to glorify God. God created life to please Him and give glory to Him. Murdering His children do not give Him glory or pleasure. We are not to be so concerned with this world, as it can and will be taken away in an instant. We are to live according to God's Word, not man's. You are obviously not a very spiritual person L-j. :(
    Overpopulation is not a sin? :confused:

Uh.. why not? The results of overpopulation are starvation, disease, pestilence etc. Who are going to cure these things? God?

You know I would love for all the people of the world to hold hands and give a prayer and have food appear for every man, woman and child. I would love for our prayers to open bottomless pits where our landfills are and make infinite filters in our water. You have to admit to yourself that it is JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Every effort to push overpopulation beyond acceptable limits will cause more suffering in the world. More people with debilitating diseases and more children that fall asleep so hungry that they get to wonder if they will ever wake up in the morning. More people with hunger pains so strong that they writhe on the ground in agony.

This is what your spirituality causes. This is what following "God's Word" means.

Are people slowly being destroyed from the inside out by cancers cause by loss of ozone layers an example of God's glory or God's pleasure?

You know your right. I am not spiritual. If I believed in a God like the one in the bible I would most definatly hate the son of a b**ch. Someone with that kind of power that stands and watches a child in a third world country who has dedicated their life and soul to them(as the missionary taught them), watches them writhe on the floor in utmost agony is truely an ass.

As a side note, how do you know what God's word is?

Don't bother wasting characters typing in "bible" cause we all know what a piece of sewage that is.

I believe that abortion is wrong and is a sin...
    (but remember God looks at all sins as "breaking the rules"- when have we been sinless?)

To take a life that God provided is never right - regardless of that
    child's potential it is still a life .... a creation of God.
    but ...
    We should work harder to say -support the teens that are trying to make the right decision. Make single parenting support - part of the
    work of the church. And raise up men that will stand up to their
    responsibilities.

And for those poor helpless babies/embryos that didnt have a chance... they are now in paradise with Jesus....
    That gives me much comfort.

BTL

Quote Originally Posted by bethelight
    I believe that abortion is wrong and is a sin...
    (but remember God looks at all sins as "breaking the rules"- when have we been sinless?)

To take a life that God provided is never right - regardless of that
    child's potential it is still a life .... a creation of God.
    but ...
    We should work harder to say -support the teens that are trying to make the right decision. Make single parenting support - part of the
    work of the church. And raise up men that will stand up to their
    responsibilities.

And for those poor helpless babies/embryos that didnt have a chance... they are now in paradise with Jesus....
    That gives me much comfort.

BTL
    I have to agree with you. I think abortion is wrong. Perhaps I didnt state that earlier. I don't think we should have free rein to go around stabbing babies in the heads or anything, mind you, I think I agree with the current laws in effect that give you a month or two to make your decision. Embrios that are legal to abort could not possibly exist outside the womb. At some point you have to draw a line as to where life begins or else every time a teenage boy squirts into a gymsock he has killed billions...

I think there has to be a better alternative. I think we should have reproductive barriers put in place at birth that can be removed when you can prove that you can care for a child - at least one stable income, drug free, etc.

At least this way you should never have any accidental unwanted children as every child would take a dedicated effort to produce.

And as for the embrios being innocent, your own religion tells you that they have origional sin. So I guess unless you baptise the dead foetus they ain't goin to heaven...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag
    And as for the embrios being innocent, your own religion tells you that they have origional sin. So I guess unless you baptise the dead foetus they ain't goin to heaven...
    Hi L J. A Christian does not have to be baptised to go to heaven.