+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

blaze33 Guest

Christians Amongst us? Who are they reaching really?

If you had to say anyone thing regarding the christians on scam.com, what impression have they made regarding the reality of their faith?

Secondly, the impression they have made on themselves?

Lastly, Out of all the christians, which one represents their faith the best?

Re: Christians Amongst us? Who are they reaching really?

Ok -- time to be judged... fine with me -- dont mind
    "constructive criticism"

When i was first on here a few months ago - I did get caught up
    in the mud slinging - but i was never vulgar.

I believed i have raised some good points .... but i am far from the the best debator here...but despite what you think ..some
    of the Christians are working on common goals ...

BTL

Quote Originally Posted by bethelight
    "constructive criticism"

I believed i have raised some good points .... but i am far from the the best debator here...but despite what you think ..some

BTL
    well, if the question at HAND is goals!?then who sets the goals,and who is responsible for there outcome!?hehe!!does it culminate in the idea/principle of WITNESS!?hehe!! and all that it IMPLIES!?.....hehe!!....just askin....

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    well, if the question at HAND is goals!?then who sets the goals,and who is responsible for there outcome!?hehe!!does it culminate in the idea/principle of WITNESS!?hehe!! and all that it IMPLIES!?.....hehe!!....just askin....
    Can you reword that in english -lexx?

BTL

Can you reword that in english -lexx?

BTL
    might i ask why do you ask!?hehe!!for if speakin tongues does not include undertanding the tongues of the many then what is the purpose of god in granting same!?hehe!!...just askin/teasin!?......

"constructive criticism"

BTL
    Hi BTL. You have never been vulgar; that's true. You're humble, you do a great job here, and I wish I had your self-control. :)

Quote Originally Posted by blaze33
    If you had to say anyone thing regarding the christians on scam.com, what impression have they made regarding the reality of their faith?

Not an easy question to answer. Very few of us on this forum are willing to admit that they do not know the answers to the questions of the origin of the universe, life and humankind. Be they christians, muslims or some other god worshiping relegion, almost without exception the people of faith here insist that thier beliefs are facts that have been proven and to believe anyway other than them is wrong. It's difficult to argue the reality of ones faith when your mind is closed to all other points of view.

People of science, like myself, actually know very little in regards to these universal questions. We don't know that there is no god, we siimply have seen no evidence to sugest that there is. We don't KNOW that the big bang occurred we simply analyse the evidence and conclude that the theory, though unproven, represents a plausible explanation as to the beginning of the universe that we have been able to observe SO FAR. We are constantly learning more and discoverying additional evidence and we continue to seek out truths that we may not exist long enough to find.

But you people of faith insist that you already have all the answers so your curiosity no longer exists. Your minds are made up. You may be right but you can't even come to a consensus on the most basic of your beliefs. Christians must accept Jesus as the son of god or burn in hell for eternity. Muslims believe that all those who accept Jesus as the son of god are infidels and on and on and on.

The meek shall inherit the earth, the rest of us are going to the stars.

reach,preach,bleach,beach,teach!?is whay/what is different than what should be/is!?and as a philosopher once said!?......what is the difference that can be seen!?and who can bring it about/and will by the personal and not the political!?for one is truth and the other is unsupervised!?by design!?unless you include the players!?the gamers!?and then it is a matter of economic level!?hehe!!....just askin....

Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    Not an easy question to answer. Very few of us on this forum are willing to admit that they do not know the answers to the questions of the origin of the universe, life and humankind. Be they christians, muslims or some other god worshiping relegion, almost without exception the people of faith here insist that thier beliefs are facts that have been proven and to believe anyway other than them is wrong. It's difficult to argue the reality of ones faith when your mind is closed to all other points of view.

People of science, like myself, actually know very little in regards to these universal questions. We don't know that there is no god, we siimply have seen no evidence to sugest that there is. We don't KNOW that the big bang occurred we simply analyse the evidence and conclude that the theory, though unproven, represents a plausible explanation as to the beginning of the universe that we have been able to observe SO FAR. We are constantly learning more and discoverying additional evidence and we continue to seek out truths that we may not exist long enough to find.

But you people of faith insist that you already have all the answers so your curiosity no longer exists. Your minds are made up. You may be right but you can't even come to a consensus on the most basic of your beliefs. Christians must accept Jesus as the son of god or burn in hell for eternity. Muslims believe that all those who accept Jesus as the son of god are infidels and on and on and on.

The meek shall inherit the earth, the rest of us are going to the stars.
    Good points, bogie. It amazes me that zealots insist that God says you must insist or it's the highway. Yet, Jesus teaches humility and gentleness and respect when sharing your faith. What's wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by HotParadox
    Good points, bogie. It amazes me that zealots insist that God says you must insist or it's the highway. Yet, Jesus teaches humility and gentleness and respect when sharing your faith. What's wrong here?

Jesus taught that and more. He was a great man who has inspired many, like myself, to live a moral life and let others find thier own peace during the short time that we have here. Too bad it got so twisted into this concept of "accept no other god".

Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    Jesus taught that and more. He was a great man who has inspired many, like myself, to live a moral life and let others find thier own peace during the short time that we have here. Too bad it got so twisted into this concept of "accept no other god".
    He did do that and more. But, a Christian IS taught not to accept another God. I don't think that means, however, that it gives Christians license to ridicule others who don't share their beliefs.

Some have it and some are working towards obtaining it.

We have all screwed up at times and we have managed to redeem ourselves at times. So, I guess the biggest impression any Christian has made it to prove that they are human and subject to human faults. :)

No one and each one. They have all tried to be true to what each one personally believes. Everyone is at a different place in their walk. Some near the beginning, some in the middle and others nearer the end. It's all a learning curve and growth, just like life.

I couldn't say who represents the best in humanity anymore than I can say who represents their faith here the best. I think they all do.

Interesting subject though.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

tony_jenn Guest

pointing out that people are being decieved by false prophets is not ridicle it is loving your fellow man enough to warn them of the dangers of false doctrines of demons...ridicle is what you do to me, because of my attempts to get people to see the truth of their deception by false prophets and the doctrines of man and bogus bible translations that pervert the gospels of our Lord Jesus Christ...amen

blaze33 Guest

Wow, My set up has failed!! I will confess this is not what I had expected to see. I was already getting the pop corn out and watch the weekend fights begin, and this is all I get..That sucks!!

You guy's are actually united for the first time. NO one dared to exalt one above the other and neither did one put one down below the other.

You guy's really confuse me, but I will say if anything testify's to your hearts that sure does.
    blaze(still scratching my head) hmm.

tony_jenn Guest

Roflol @ blaze33, so happy to disappoint you for once :cool:

Wow, My set up has failed!! I will confess this is not what I had expected to see. I was already getting the pop corn out and watch the weekend fights begin, and this is all I get..That sucks!!

You guy's are actually united for the first time. NO one dared to exalt one above the other and neither did one put one down below the other.

You guy's really confuse me, but I will say if anything testify's to your hearts that sure does.
    blaze(still scratching my head) hmm.

Only shows that United We Stand and Divided We Fall. And when it comes down to standing alone for self gratification OR standing for Christ and his gratification, we all are well aware of where our priorities lie. :D

Namaste'

Lady Mod

P.S. pssssst, there is plenty of entertainment on the Politics or MLM forums if you need to eat up that popcorn. ;)