+ Reply to Thread

JenaV Guest

Skin Zinc - to buy or not to buy...

Does anyone have any real knowledge about this product? My Doctor doesn't have any thing to say about it. SkinZinc claims because the Doctors do not make money that this is the reason they don't recommend their Product.???? :confused:

Re: Skin Zinc - to buy or not to buy...

My doctor recommended me to eat fish/fruits/vegetables and limit intake of fatty products/red meat to solve my cholesterol problem. I doubt she has any relationship to those industries. SkinZinc argument is bogus from this point of view.

I personally use NEXXUS for this problem. And for extreme cases Selenium Sulfide lotion. Works like a charm for my family.

JenaV Guest

Quote Originally Posted by borisf96
    My doctor recommended me to eat fish/fruits/vegetables and limit intake of fatty products/red meat to solve my cholesterol problem. I doubt she has any relationship to those industries. SkinZinc argument is bogus from this point of view.

I personally use NEXXUS for this problem. And for extreme cases Selenium Sulfide lotion. Works like a charm for my family.
    Isn't NEXXUS for Hair? - My son has eczema (skin rash that acts up during certain parts of th year) But very itchy! He's scratches until her bleeds.

Selenium Sulfide lotion is this an OTC is it for eczema?

P.S. what store carries this product?
    Last edited by JenaV; 11-14-2006 at 10:04 PM.

Jena - Penatin cream (yep, the diaper rash ointment) contains zinc and works like a charm on any rash, since it creates a barrier. Eczema can be a nightmare. If it's really bad (cracking, bleeding, very tender) Rx hydracortisone (sp?) will relieve the symptoms quickly - but continuous long term use has drawbacks. My son is 21 now, but when he was only months old eczema was my nightmare. I applied the cream and little mittens. I used the Rx if the outbreak was extreme. There is no need to "experiment" with some questionable remedy for this condition. Relax - try the diaper rash ointments and aloe vera products (without perfumes). I'm the "been there" mom. I know it's no picnic.

I am sorry. I checked main uses of SkinZinc and assumed that we have similar problems like dandruff.

boris - I do believe that it is related - a common skin condition.

JenaV Guest

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    Jena - Penatin cream (yep, the diaper rash ointment) contains zinc and works like a charm on any rash, since it creates a barrier. Eczema can be a nightmare. If it's really bad (cracking, bleeding, very tender) Rx hydracortisone (sp?) will relieve the symptoms quickly - but continuous long term use has drawbacks. My son is 21 now, but when he was only months old eczema was my nightmare. I applied the cream and little mittens. I used the Rx if the outbreak was extreme. There is no need to "experiment" with some questionable remedy for this condition. Relax - try the diaper rash ointments and aloe vera products (without perfumes). I'm the "been there" mom. I know it's no picnic.

Miss Linda49 - Thank you very much. I went out and bought some A+D ointment.

JenaV Guest

Quote Originally Posted by borisf96
    I am sorry. I checked main uses of SkinZinc and assumed that we have similar problems like dandruff.
    No worries - you are just trying to be helpful. Thanks :)

There's this soap called Dr. Wong's BioDerm health soap. It's 50 cents and works great for eczema
    Never start the day without some skepticism. My absolutely fave sites:
    Subscriber -
    Avid follower-SCAM.COM
    Loyal fan - Shameless
    Moderator - SomethingAwful
    Fanatic -Crank Dot Net
    Proudly, 2300 post Contributor - Epinions Network

Jena - How's it going? Well?...I hope so. If it's any consellation at all, my doctor assured me that Cody's excema and ear infections would end by the time he started school - and they did. Excema has continued in a much milder form - he's 21 now. I have two younger- 18 and 12. Neither are prone to this condition. Preventing "scarring' is most important. Lather on the cream - arms, legs, chest - whatever - it's manditory.