+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Team National

Re: Team National

Ok, I've tried to keep an open mind regarding Team National.

After doing my due diligence on TN, I have decided to pass on "this opportunity," for the following reasons.

1. I have yet to hear any real desriptions what they do. No concrete examples of real savings, just a bunch of waffling and grandiose claims.

2. I went to one of their informational meetings and no one could answer any questions with any specificity. It is as if they don't want to let they really do.

3. I resent that the keep touting it as a company that is so moral and so ethical and that you are less then so if you don't sign up right then and there.

4. I have totally gone over two IMD's websites with a fine tooth comb and have not seen anything resembing a coherent value. It seems convoluted and misleading. As somehouse who has designed websites since the very early days, it appears very sleight of hand and deceptive.

5. As a small business owner, I wanted to join soley for the "immense" savings for myself, my family and my employees. Well, so far, no one can provide any examples of this. I can do better going direct to the respective manufacturer and receive the same or better pricing. For example, any moron cn get a free cell phone. Two months ago, I received both a free phone and Treo. The plan is where cell phone companies make their money. It is like giving people razors so that you can sell them the blades.

6. Of the 40 people at the meeting (only about 5 or 6 prospects), they had all had a shiny-eyed cultish glaze in their eyes.

7. I don't trust their bonus/commission/referral bonus. As a life long top producing sales professional, it doesn't pass the smell test. My IMD friend was begging me to join or they would cut off his bonus. It doen't feel right that they have a scheme where you lose all your compensation if you don't have both a "right" and a "left" leg. In sales you should be paid on each and everyone of your sales. It seems like a scheme to get out of paying commission. I have seen similar in Kirby and rainbow vacuums and one "legit" sales manager I used to have. This was my single biggest turnoff.

Before you get fired up and think I am "just a neg head," (I am not) I realize you get back what you put out there. We alone are the captions of our own ships. I have also been successful in several MLMS, including Amway, NuSkin, etc., etc.

The main reason I quit was because I felt guilty exploiting my relationships by convincing them to purchase an over-priced undervalued "product." In Team National's case, they really don't even have that.

Good luck to you all, I wish everyone the best and I hope that my intuition about Team National is incorrect, but when the honeymoon is over, I hope that you come back and tell us about it.

Be glad you passed on the opportunity this time, the IMD friend should never have to beg anyone to join, and obviousely the group you saw the presentation with is not presenting Team National the way it should have been presented. The reason for the overview, is to show you the company and get your questions answered. There should have been enough folks there to do that. I am sorry for you, for you left with unanswered questions. About the IMD's web site, that is just the BigN Marketplace, not even a part of the benefits package, but an additional savings, only if you buy on line. Regarding buying a cell phone for free, sure, from the manufacturer, yet with Team National you can get the same phone for free AND get a rebate from the manufacturer. Team National DOES have a product, saving money. We take the middleman out of the picture and pass the savings on to you. Your IMD friend, along with every other IMD, only has to make TWO sales per year to stay bonus qualified, just TWO. If he can't do that, he shouldn't be in network marketing. He shouldn't be begging anyone, ever. We show the business, accept whatever answer we receive and move on, hopefully with a new IMD, sometimes not. But we still move on. Unless you have the IMD's access number you can't see all the benefits. The video or powerpoint presentation is just a sampling. It would take hours to show you every benefit in detail.

Have a good life, and please don't hate someone because they attempted without success to show you a better way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by itsashame
    #1 - I've seen the furniture photos.....looks pretty sub-standard
    #2 - So I'm confused, do you get paid for buying cell phones? If so, you should just keep buying them. I've never paid for a cell phone, so I'm confused as to how you are "saving" more than me. I paid $0 for my phones.
    I'm confused, too. Are you are 'buying' a verizon phone - paying nothing for it AND getting a $50 check from verizon? Disregard what you think you 'would' have paid at a store or cell phone distributor. Where is the $50 rebate coming from? Are you referencing you getting money back from ordering through your site? If so, did you have to reach a minimum level before getting this money? Did you have to sign or renew a contract with verizon or can you get your free phone at anytime without the contractual commitment? If so, why not 'buy' and endless amount of phones and make money off it? Vague and incomplete answers are what makes people distrust these type of programs. There's always something left out. That missing bit of information is what makes people feel scammed. Please be specific.

I saw another mention for eyeglass savings of $200 for a pair. Again, who pays that much for eyeglasses? Do they not have insurance? We get a pair a year paid for each family member through our standard coverage (which is not obscene in price). We've always had a pretty good selection. Even if we didn't have insurance, the most expensive price on glasses that my daughter liked was $180. I'm using this example because I hear of all these savings but I'm concerned that the bargains people are talking about are bargains to them - not the average consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by denvercogirl
    Ok, I've tried to keep an open mind regarding Team National.

After doing my due diligence on TN, I have decided to pass on "this opportunity," for the following reasons.

1. I have yet to hear any real desriptions what they do. No concrete examples of real savings, just a bunch of waffling and grandiose claims.

2. I went to one of their informational meetings and no one could answer any questions with any specificity. It is as if they don't want to let they really do.

3. I resent that the keep touting it as a company that is so moral and so ethical and that you are less then so if you don't sign up right then and there.

4. I have totally gone over two IMD's websites with a fine tooth comb and have not seen anything resembing a coherent value. It seems convoluted and misleading. As somehouse who has designed websites since the very early days, it appears very sleight of hand and deceptive.

5. As a small business owner, I wanted to join soley for the "immense" savings for myself, my family and my employees. Well, so far, no one can provide any examples of this. I can do better going direct to the respective manufacturer and receive the same or better pricing. For example, any moron cn get a free cell phone. Two months ago, I received both a free phone and Treo. The plan is where cell phone companies make their money. It is like giving people razors so that you can sell them the blades.

6. Of the 40 people at the meeting (only about 5 or 6 prospects), they had all had a shiny-eyed cultish glaze in their eyes.

7. I don't trust their bonus/commission/referral bonus. As a life long top producing sales professional, it doesn't pass the smell test. My IMD friend was begging me to join or they would cut off his bonus. It doen't feel right that they have a scheme where you lose all your compensation if you don't have both a "right" and a "left" leg. In sales you should be paid on each and everyone of your sales. It seems like a scheme to get out of paying commission. I have seen similar in Kirby and rainbow vacuums and one "legit" sales manager I used to have. This was my single biggest turnoff.

Before you get fired up and think I am "just a neg head," (I am not) I realize you get back what you put out there. We alone are the captions of our own ships. I have also been successful in several MLMS, including Amway, NuSkin, etc., etc.

The main reason I quit was because I felt guilty exploiting my relationships by convincing them to purchase an over-priced undervalued "product." In Team National's case, they really don't even have that.

Good luck to you all, I wish everyone the best and I hope that my intuition about Team National is incorrect, but when the honeymoon is over, I hope that you come back and tell us about it.

I'll try to answer your numbered items. I have been in TN since July and have only saved money. I haven't made money yet, but plan to when I sell my business (printing) and move to another location. Printing consumes my life because it's a 2 person shop and I can't market this TN package.

1) Team National sells a money saving benefits package. The best deal is the premium package that lasts for the rest of your life.

2) Sounds like they don't know the package/system good enough. But there is so much to it, I can't answer everything either. If you ask one of those questions, I'd try to answer it.

3) I'd like to think they resent you for not signing up on the spot. The meeting I went to, they recommended I get all my questions answered and they would contact me in 24 to 48 hrs. If you don't do it then you will put it off and not do it.

4) You were probably looking for groundbreaking unbelievable savings. It's not like that. An example of savings for me is I use their VOIP phone service through my high speed internet connection. It costs me 16.95 a month, not a penny more. No taxes surcharges, environmental fees or other junk like that. Another is just yesterday I ordered around 100.00 worth of magazine subscriptions through TN BigN Marketplace and got 35% commission payed back to me. It takes around 3 months to get commission checks back but you get them. So, on the VOIP the best non TN members will probably get is 24.95 a month through Vonage, TN members pay 16.95. I was paying around 78.00 a month to Verizon unlimited long distance. The second savings was the magazine subscriptions. Non TN members will pay the listed price and not get anything back. TN members will get back 35% of what they bought. When you figure savings like that the rest of your life, it adds up.

5) Honestly, I don't have a cell phone yet so I can't say what's a good deal.

6) The glaze in their eyes is knowing they'll save money for the rest of their lives and have an opportunity to make lots of money. The first person to buy into TN in my area only sold 2 packages. He happened to sell them to the right 2 people. He has made around 30,000.00 in 6 months from his friends selling so well. It can work like that. Usually the first person in the area to buy the package makes the most money because they are at the top of the stack in their area.

7) Their compensation program is well thought out. If they paid for everything on both sides they would probably go bankrupt. They have mathematically thought this out. I talked to a uplink man in my line and in 4 years he has made over a million dollars with TN. I asked him how many packages he has sold/hosted. He said 64 but under those 64 he has over 18,000 people that have branched out from his 64. Wow, no wonder he's made so much money. The potential is there. I hope to experience it later this year. I certainly won't beg you to join but say it's a legit package and can be for your employees and family if you buy the premium package.

I offer 10% off to TN members on printing. I have 2 customers that spend over 20,000.00 a year with me. That means they will save over 2000.00 a year with me alone. The premium package costs 2200.00. Does that sound like it will pay for itself? Remember the savings are lifetime, not just a year for the premium package. A local hair stylist offers 20% off all styles and cuts. A local Italian restaurant offers buy one submarine sandwich get one free. These are great savings for life...life, not one or 2 times. Once that sinks in I realize how great this package is.

Very nice answer. So many people on here look at spending $2195 to save $50, or even $1000, one time, never using the benefits again. They just don't understand you have it for life, the savings just keep adding up. I just hosted someone with a business, they have three phone lines, paying $160 per month, now they will pay only $50.85 per month using the VOIP. That one savings alone will pay for their package in under two years. He also has 3 children soon to be driving and will be needing cars for them, additional savings.
    Regarding the cell phone rebates, - the rebate is from the manufacturer, Verizon, Alltel, Sprint etc. Not from Team National, no you don't need to meet a minimum, you just sign up for the same service they offer everyone else. They only difference is your a TN member, you get a rebate, others don't. Quit looking at the BigN Marketplace as your benefit. IT IS NOT EVEN PART OF THE BENEFITS PACKAGE.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by ghatmich
    Thank God for the FBI's definition of that, since Team National does NOT sell distributorships, I guess it doesn't fall in that catagory. You see, becoming a Team National Independent Marketing Director cost nothing, nada, zip, zero, zilch...it's free, so how can you loose, how many recruits must you have to break even? "0", - correct answer, yeehaa.............................

I know, next question, what's the $2195 for? Well it's "OPTIONAL" and it's for a lifetime benefits package, to be a member of an organization that allows you to purchase many items at cost, from the manufactures, at the same cost that the "big box" stores pay for it, not what they sell it for. You can also opt for the $795 plan that you have to pay for every 2 years, not as smart a decision as the $2195 plan though.

Owning a benefits package and becoming an Independent Marketing Director are TWO SEPERATE things. You can be either WITHOUT the other, or both.

As I have seen it said in other threads, and at any function we have - if you can't see where you can save MORE than the benefits package cost, please don't buy one. You can still become an IMD and earn a significant income, with effort. This is NOT a get rich quick scheme, it takes some effort, and patience. You get to earn what your worth, that's good for some people, and not so good for others - itsashame, but thats life. (No pun intended).
    First of all.........I wish people at the meeting I went to had told me more about the "optional" package. There was never any discussion about being an IMD without purchasing one of the "optional" packages. You had to buy a package to get in.

Secondly.......please show me where I can, and I quote you.......be a member of an organization that allows you to purchase many items at cost, from the manufactures, at the same cost that the "big box" stores pay for it, not what they sell it for. " When i go on the ATN website all I find is links and food baskets.

TN is a legal scam.
    Mc91

Quote Originally Posted by ghatmich
    First of all, I don't want you or anyone else here to purchase anything from me. The cell phones, were free, with a hundred dollar rebate, verses $25 each at best buy, so you could give best buy $50 or get them free through team national and get $100 rebate each back, that is $250 my friend. The furniture, at a local Weinberger Store, it would have cost more, the auto insurance, everyone will have different savings depending on what their NOW paying and for what they COULD be paying, the policy, identical. I compare the best deal i can find on my own to Team National's price, and it is usually a lot lower. If you want more information, go to bign.com, find an IMD near you and contact him/her, see the video pal.......................... then make a decision, grow up or shut up........................................
    There is no TN price. You just get a link to the insurance companies website. There are no discounts to being a TN member. Believe me I know, I am one.
    Mc91

Heyman is offline Not telling the whole truth is as bad as lying

Hey Guys,

Team National is a DSA, BBB, and U.S. Chamber of Commerce member. Pretty tough to call it a scam IMO. It's also been around since 1970 if I'm not mistaken.

Nonetheless, I have a question:

Can a Canadian citizen and resident become a distributor for Team National, or is this company only for those who reside within the United States?

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Heyman
    Hey Guys,

Team National is a DSA, BBB, and U.S. Chamber of Commerce member. Pretty tough to call it a scam IMO. It's also been around since 1970 if I'm not mistaken.

Can a Canadian citizen and resident become a distributor for Team National, or is this company only for those who reside within the United States?

Cheers.
    First of all, although I do not know about the DSA, I do know that all you have to do is join to be a member and continue to pay your dues inbn order to be a member of the BBB and Chamber of Commerse--no big deal. I am a member of both although I pray I offer more to my ciustomers than Team National.

From my research, I do not feel that you could enjoy the same "benefits" in Canada. Thank your lucky stars.

Obviousely you didn't pay attention in class. The video and the powerpoint presentation specifically states "there is no requirement to purchase a benefits package to take part in Team National's "optional" earnings program" you simply fill out a couple of forms and send them in. You can market the benefits package without owning one, though a little difficult, it can be done. However you can NOT enjoy any of the benefits that Team National offers. You pay for the benefits package, the IMD part is free, with or without owning the benefits package. I myself missed that part the first time I saw the presentation also, I don't know why, it was clearly stated, I saw the same video again before that was understood. So many people miss that part, I can't explain it. Again the "links" are the BigN Marketplace, not even a part of the benefits package. You have to pay $7 per month or $75 per year if your a package owner, or $495 per year if your not a package owner. If you don't buy on-line don't have the web site. You can find more info about what Team National DOES offer if you click on the "Benefits and Services" on the left hand side of someones Team National web site. Then click on the item that interests you more.

I have had people that I have signed up, "go distant" from me, not answering my calls, i bump in to them somewhere and they think they got scammed, we start to discuss "why" and they bring up the BigN Marketplace, and how Team National is just a bunch of links. The're members and don't even realize there's another area, yet were too afraid to ask. When I explain, their whole attitude changes around. I didn't know that they say. If the BigN Marketplace didn't exist, more people would understand Team National. Panel discussions are being held about removing the BigN Marketplace altogether, some people like it, some think that's all there is to Team National giving it a bad name.

Look at Team National for what it has to offer, not the BigN Marketplace.

The BigN Marketplace is just a bunch of "links" to stores you may or may not already shop at.

Team National, however is sooooooo much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heyman
    Hey Guys,

Cheers.
    The Direct Selling Association is funded by various MLM's, including Team National. So basically they are touting their memership in an organization that they fund, doesn't sound like the organization is fair and impartial.