+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Team National

Team National

Just wanted to renew discussion on Team National, as I hear the newly proposed FTC law will greatly impact their business model.

Re: Team National

itsashame, I just joined here and wanted to check out Team National...is it ligit....if not, why not ?....please get me up to speed on it, if able....THANKS !! :confused:

Team National is the real thing, i joined 2 years ago and have gotten back the money i spent on my package just through the savings and the members i have met and have gotten to know are great!!!

Please break out your $18,000 of savings, I am curious.

Of course it's legit, but don't come to this site to verify it. Check it out with the BBB, and DSA, read DSA's rules, and see for yourself. If you go by what others say on this site, you wouldn't even be able to get out of bed in the morning without being scammed by someone. There's always someone on here that is against something, somewhere. There are people here that will call your moma everything nasty and have never met her. You've come to the "wrong" place for information.

Could someone post a link to their offical site? I put in "Team national" into google and I just get tons of paid advertising and personal sites....

www.bign.com but you won't find enough information there to make any sort of educated decision, it takes a 30 minute video to present enough information to make a logical, educated, well informed decision. Click on find an independent marketing director and put in you state, find one local to you, contact them and go from there. Please don't contact anyone on this site for info.

I would contact the Federal Trade Commission, IRS or FBI concerning the legitimacy of this organization. The DSA (Direct Selling Association) is directly funded by Team National, not exactly an independent source of information.

"itsashame" - that's absolutely the best information you could tell anyone about ANY network marketing, thank you for sharing that in this post. And if those entities have anything negative to say about Team National, I'm sure they would be in more of a position to do something about it than anyone on this site. Yes the DSA is "funded" in part by Team National, along with about 200 other legitimate network marketing companies, their are thousands of other companies that do NOT even qualify, under the strict rules and regulations of the DSA, (please go to dsa.org and read them). Again, thank you itsashame, that is the best post I have seen you "post" on here.

1.) I think it is difficult to say that the DSA can provide objective criticism of multi-level marketing organizations, considering that the heads of these MLM's sit on the board of the DSA

2.) To all of those considering joining an MLM organization, take the FBI's definition of pyramid scheme into consideration:

Pyramid Scheme

Pyramid schemes, also referred to as franchise fraud, or chain referral schemes, are marketing and investment frauds in which an individual is offered a distributorship or franchise to market a particular product. The real profit is earned, not by the sale of the product, but by the sale of new distributorships. Emphasis on selling franchises rather than the product eventually leads to a point where the supply of potential investors is exhausted and the pyramid collapses. At the heart of each pyramid scheme there is typically a representation that new participants can recoup their original investments by inducing two or more prospects to make the same investment. Promoters fail to tell prospective participants that this is mathematically impossible for everyone to do, since some participants drop out, while others recoup their original investments and then drop out.

Some Tips to Avoid Pyramid Schemes:

Be wary of "opportunities" to invest your money in franchises or investments that require you to bring in subsequent investors to increase your profit or recoup your initial investment.
    Independently verify the legitimacy of any franchise or investment before you invest.

Thank God for the FBI's definition of that, since Team National does NOT sell distributorships, I guess it doesn't fall in that catagory. You see, becoming a Team National Independent Marketing Director cost nothing, nada, zip, zero, zilch...it's free, so how can you loose, how many recruits must you have to break even? "0", - correct answer, yeehaa.............................

I know, next question, what's the $2195 for? Well it's "OPTIONAL" and it's for a lifetime benefits package, to be a member of an organization that allows you to purchase many items at cost, from the manufactures, at the same cost that the "big box" stores pay for it, not what they sell it for. You can also opt for the $795 plan that you have to pay for every 2 years, not as smart a decision as the $2195 plan though.

Owning a benefits package and becoming an Independent Marketing Director are TWO SEPERATE things. You can be either WITHOUT the other, or both.

As I have seen it said in other threads, and at any function we have - if you can't see where you can save MORE than the benefits package cost, please don't buy one. You can still become an IMD and earn a significant income, with effort. This is NOT a get rich quick scheme, it takes some effort, and patience. You get to earn what your worth, that's good for some people, and not so good for others - itsashame, but thats life. (No pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by ghatmich
    Thank God for the FBI's definition of that, since Team National does NOT sell distributorships, I guess it doesn't fall in that catagory. You see, becoming a Team National Independent Marketing Director cost nothing, nada, zip, zero, zilch...it's free, so how can you loose, how many recruits must you have to break even? "0", - correct answer, yeehaa.............................

I know, next question, what's the $2195 for? Well it's "OPTIONAL" and it's for a lifetime benefits package, to be a member of an organization that allows you to purchase many items at cost, from the manufactures, at the same cost that the "big box" stores pay for it, not what they sell it for. You can also opt for the $795 plan that you have to pay for every 2 years, not as smart a decision as the $2195 plan though.

Owning a benefits package and becoming an Independent Marketing Director are TWO SEPERATE things. You can be either WITHOUT the other, or both.

As I have seen it said in other threads, and at any function we have - if you can't see where you can save MORE than the benefits package cost, please don't buy one. You can still become an IMD and earn a significant income, with effort. This is NOT a get rich quick scheme, it takes some effort, and patience. You get to earn what your worth, that's good for some people, and not so good for others - itsashame, but thats life. (No pun intended).
    Please list the items that you have "saved" thousands of dollars with. Please be specific, listing as many details as possible for each item: the retail price, the price that you paid, and of course, your savings.

Personally, I think TN is a ripoff as a savings and as an income opportunity. I know that the structure cannot survive over the long run when viewing it as an "income" opportunity. With an unlimited number of sales reps, with limited demand, it's only a matter of time until the company is exposed as a pyramid scheme.

I'm not going to get as specific as your wanting me to, however I have saved on some furniture, that was on sale at a local big box store, my Team National price - including delivery was $1200 less, $200 on some eyeglasses at Lenscrafters, using the EyeMed card, to date about $1100 in savings on my auto insurance, compared to what I used to pay. $250 on a set of cell phones from Verizon. Due to my marketing the program, most of my dining out and travel are tax deductable, again saving quite a lot, - yes that could be done with any other business like this, I just am NOt part of any other business like this. Do I look at other "opportunities" ? Sure I do, I would have never found this one had I not been open minded. If I find any other opportunity that saves me more and pays me more I would switch in a heartbeat, though I don't think I will ever find one, that doesn't stop me from looking.

Quote Originally Posted by ghatmich
    I'm not going to get as specific as your wanting me to, however I have saved on some furniture, that was on sale at a local big box store, my Team National price - including delivery was $1200 less, $200 on some eyeglasses at Lenscrafters, using the EyeMed card, to date about $1100 in savings on my auto insurance, compared to what I used to pay. $250 on a set of cell phones from Verizon. Due to my marketing the program, most of my dining out and travel are tax deductable, again saving quite a lot, - yes that could be done with any other business like this, I just am NOt part of any other business like this. Do I look at other "opportunities" ? Sure I do, I would have never found this one had I not been open minded. If I find any other opportunity that saves me more and pays me more I would switch in a heartbeat, though I don't think I will ever find one, that doesn't stop me from looking.
    Furniture - $1200 savings. Based on what? How do you know that you saved $1200?

Auto Insurance - $1100. Please list what you were paying, what your coverage was, your vehicle, and what you are paying now. There are many insurance companies that are less expensive, doesn't mean that they have anything to do with

Cell Phones - $250. My last two cell phones were free, and I do not belong to Team National. If you are saving on your plan, please describe your plan, including your minutes, insurance coverage and any other features, and show us the monthly rate differences.

If you want someone to purchase something from you, you usually have to provide details on the benefits of the product. Please include more details of your savings. Thanks.

First of all, I don't want you or anyone else here to purchase anything from me. The cell phones, were free, with a hundred dollar rebate, verses $25 each at best buy, so you could give best buy $50 or get them free through team national and get $100 rebate each back, that is $250 my friend. The furniture, at a local Weinberger Store, it would have cost more, the auto insurance, everyone will have different savings depending on what their NOW paying and for what they COULD be paying, the policy, identical. I compare the best deal i can find on my own to Team National's price, and it is usually a lot lower. If you want more information, go to bign.com, find an IMD near you and contact him/her, see the video pal.......................... then make a decision, grow up or shut up........................................

The bottom line is that nobody from TN can quantify and support their "savings". Don't get mad just because I'm pointing out the obvious flaws in the TN business plan.

Like I mentioned, I've received two cell phones free already, and I am not a TN member.

I've also negotiated prices on furniture, lots of people do.

Same with automobiles.

What insurance company provides TN discounts? I'd like to see if I can go on their website and see if they even know what TN is? Probably not.

TN tries to sell discounts packages, to obtain discounts on items that anyone can get anyway, or on their sub-standard products like those "fuel efficency" savers that are usually proven to be fraudulent products, especially during times of high gas prices.