+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Pridemore Publishing Company..Scam?

Hello! I'm glad your website is here! I googled one mail company already and found out that it is a scam, but when I googled this company, I got a direct secured link to pay with a credit card. This company is offering $3 with every booklet you mail, they say they will provide everything you need including postage and they will pay you up front before you ever mail anything. My fiance is interested in doing this but before we send out a check, I told him I wanted to check it out. They offer a 6-month money back guarantee if you don't start making $450 a day immediately. Evidently this offer is for the $450 program. Any advice? Thanks! :)

Re: Pridemore Publishing Company..Scam?

It sounds like the Old Evelope Stuffing scam. $450?

I would pay them this amount only if I was in the business of giving away money.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

They offer a 6-month money back guarantee
    money back guarantee on Internet is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by borisf96
    money back guarantee on Internet is worthless.
    Does it make a difference if its published in a magazine? My fiance saw the ad in Small Business magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by thepixieminx
    Does it make a difference if its published in a magazine? My fiance saw the ad in Small Business magazine.

For this kind of envelope stuffing company no. Small Business magazine should moderate which ads it accepts.

well i too picked up a small business magazine today and i talked it over with my girlfriend. they offer a guarantee on the website and on the ad they put in the magazine. they say you start immediately with no startup costs . i decided to do it in hopes of relieving some stress off of our finances but if it is a scam i will definitely be taking them to court for false advertisement,fraud, and deceit to the public. i think it might be a little worse considering i am a federal employee.

Marshall, will you post and let me know if its legit? Thanks!

Well to clear up all doubts about Pridemore Publishing Company, surprisingly enough they seem legitimate to me. I sent off $35 a few weeks ago and last night I received a booklet from them. As it turns out their program works like this:

After you order and get your book they direct you to a website. You print out "living wills" where if you are ever incapacitated the doctors won't keep you alive via life support.

Anyways, you promote a "free living will" with a small processing fee. People send you the processing fee and then you send out a living will and a thank you letter. The free envelopes and stamps and brochures come from when the person sends you for example $4 for a processing fee. The book says: you keep $3 and use the other $1 for envelopes and stamps, etc. and keep on and so forth. it also says abide by local laws when selling them but I don't know what that is about. It looks legitimate to me... :cool:

Does anyone know?

I got a work at home deal in the mail today.It's from Pridemore Publishing Company in New York. There's a money back guarentee but I know some scams do that too.It's mailing out this guy's booklets - you get paid $3 a booklet and you have to give a one time fee of $32.He says that you don't have to pay for the booklets or postage.He has a site - www.order3.com. i haven't checked it out yet but scams can have a website too.Thanks.

Angie

Lets see how much you will make.

Stamp = 45c(approximate).
    100 Stamps = $45.

Usual return from the spam is 2 out 100.

You make $8

Revenue +$8
    Expenses -$45
    Profit -$37

Thats why it is called envelope stuffing scam.

boris ... i think you need to re-calculate, because a stamp is 29 cents and a stamped envelope is 47 cents maybe he is making more than you think....

and 45 cents 0.45 times 100 is 4.50 cents not $45

Quote Originally Posted by denise2006
    boris ... i think you need to re-calculate, because a stamp is 29 cents and a stamped envelope is 47 cents maybe he is making more than you think....
    Actually, a stamp costs $.39, a book of 20 stamps costs $7.80, 5 books = 100 stamps, cost of stamps=$39.00

denise, you left out a 0 when you calculated stamps at $.45.

Thanks for the update marshall! Good luck to you =)

It just occured to me how gullible people can be. Why on earth would someone send money for a processing fee on something they can get for free from their doctor or even their local hospital?!? It is a scam, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by thepixieminx
    Actually, a stamp costs $.39, a book of 20 stamps costs $7.80, 5 books = 100 stamps, cost of stamps=$39.00

denise, you left out a 0 when you calculated stamps at $.45.

Thanks for the update marshall! Good luck to you =)
    With updated information(I totally forgot cost of stamps)

Expense: 100 stamps = $39

Revenue: 2 of 100 average returns = 2 * $4 = $8

Profit: $8 - $39 = -$31

You still lose.

Its so funny how they talk about traits like if your the most inportant thing in the world wow i cant remember when i loughed so hard :rolleyes: but realy this is the 2 time they send me it its getting me mad :mad: