+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    871

    What do we do now?

    This whole attack everyoen thing is great. Democrats calling republicans stupid and vice versa. But here's the problem, everyone is living in the past, all the republicans want the democrats to fail, so they can get back and office and before the democrats were in office they just wanted the republicans to fail. It becomes a cycle of one side constantly underminning the other.

    The situation our country is in, with the economy propped up on rubber stilts, the war in Iraq draining our resources and our youth, the constitutional rights that have been taken away from our citizens, the laws that have been passed that take away rights for all human beings deemed alien unlawful enemy combatants, and finally the willful destrution of the values this country has thrived on for so many years...

    What do we do about it, I'm not laying blame here, these are the facts. This is what's happening, how about this right here right now is an open forum with no attacks just solutions. Because attacking at this point won't do anyone any good. Let's put our heads together in one spot and start coming up with ideas to return this country to its former glory.

    Lady mod, maybe if you could start deleting attack posts from this thread if possible :)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    112

    Re: What do we do now?

    A House Divided Against Itself Can Not Stand
    Abraham Lincoln

    I think Lincoln's words ring all too true today. I was flipping through the channels yesterday and came across "Meet The Press" on MSNBC. Tim Russert was interviewing Maryland Senate candidates, Michael Steele(R) and Ben Cardin(D). I wanted to highlight something Michael Steels said during the interview.

    "Look, since 2000, weíve watched our country divide itself along red and blue lines ó Democrat/Republican, liberal/conservative ó and what have we got to show for it? All weíve got is a lot of noise. Now, you know(to Russert), you know(to Cardin), everybody in the world knows Iím a Republican, so thatís part one. But part two is, what are you going to do as a senator? And part of what Iíve seen in Washington is exactly whatís represented here today. Old Washington, old ways, an old mind-set that polarizes, that wants to say, you know, "When we take control." You know, how about the country? How about the interest of the country? How about we creating a bipartisan ó what I did not hear on the Iraq subject, for example, is a move towards a bipartisan consensus. Youíve got a commission out there with, with Baker and Hamilton that are looking at a strategy to help us resolve some important difficulties in Iraq on a bipartisan consensus. This is about taking control of the Congress and not so much about solving the problem."

    Click Here to read the complete MSNBC Meet The Press Interview by Tim Russert with Michael Steele and Ben Cardin

    The Price Of Freedom Is Eternal Vigilance.
    Thomas Jefferson
    Last edited by ME3; 11-10-2006 at 05:45 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The beautiful south!
    Posts
    3,046

    Re: What do we do now?

    The new kids on the block have an opportunity to truly bring about change.
    They also share more than half of the responsibility of letting go of the past
    and forgeing new alliances with the other side to make one strong governing
    body.
    BUT, they need to listen to US and not run amuck with old agendas. Time will
    tell but this is an opportunity, lets see if everyone takes it.
    We live in a vulnaruble "new world" and someone better make some good
    solid new choices that are in the best interest of our country...ONLY!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,197

    Re: What do we do now?

    Lady mod, maybe if you could start deleting attack posts from this thread if possible
    If she did that then all of diechristie's posts would go bye-bye but, since Lady Mod and Diechristie are close friends thats not gonna happen
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    871

    Re: What do we do now?

    Quote Originally Posted by ME3
    A House Divided Against Itself Can Not Stand
    Abraham Lincoln

    I think Lincoln's words ring all too true today. I was flipping through the channels yesterday and came across "Meet The Press" on MSNBC. Tim Russert was interviewing Maryland Senate candidates, Michael Steele(R) and Ben Cardin(D). I wanted to highlight something Michael Steels said during the interview.

    "Look, since 2000, weíve watched our country divide itself along red and blue lines ó Democrat/Republican, liberal/conservative ó and what have we got to show for it? All weíve got is a lot of noise. Now, you know(to Russert), you know(to Cardin), everybody in the world knows Iím a Republican, so thatís part one. But part two is, what are you going to do as a senator? And part of what Iíve seen in Washington is exactly whatís represented here today. Old Washington, old ways, an old mind-set that polarizes, that wants to say, you know, "When we take control." You know, how about the country? How about the interest of the country? How about we creating a bipartisan ó what I did not hear on the Iraq subject, for example, is a move towards a bipartisan consensus. Youíve got a commission out there with, with Baker and Hamilton that are looking at a strategy to help us resolve some important difficulties in Iraq on a bipartisan consensus. This is about taking control of the Congress and not so much about solving the problem."

    Click Here to read the complete MSNBC Meet The Press Interview by Tim Russert with Michael Steele and Ben Cardin

    The Price Of Freedom Is Eternal Vigilance.
    Thomas Jefferson
    I understand your point ME, i really do, but that's what the agenda has been for both parties for many years, just to take control. Now how does that tranlsate into something meaningful and productive for our country. What's the solution here?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    112

    Re: What do we do now?

    Quote Originally Posted by cscirpoli
    I understand your point ME, i really do, but that's what the agenda has been for both parties for many years, just to take control. Now how does that tranlsate into something meaningful and productive for our country. What's the solution here?
    Steele's point, I believe, is bipartisan consensus, cooperation of Americans in the face of people who want to destroy America. Americans can agree to disagree, but in the end we all agree to plan and execute actions that will keep America free and safe. Evil can never win. Good must and will prevail for the sake and future well-being of all who love peace. As John Lennon said, "Give peace a chance". When someone wants to hurt or kill you, you must defend yourself or die. The best defense is a good offense, intended to guarantee peace for the ones who want it. We must agree that no one will ever overcome America, the bastion of freedom and the hope for the downtrodden. But we can never sit on our hands and merely wish for peace. We must be ever vigilant as defenders of it and fight, if necessary, for peace.

    And here's why. al-Qaida in Iraq Claims It's Winning War Note their comments about the White House (no matter who occupies it) and President Bush (stupid, what some Americans have foolishly agreed with).
    Last edited by ME3; 11-10-2006 at 10:40 PM.

  7. 11-10-2006, 11:46 PM


  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    112

    Re: What do we do now?

    Posted in October 2006, 13 Washington insiders, ex-politicians, and pundits look beyond November 7 to what a Democrat-controlled Congress might actually mean for U.S. foreign policy.

    Foreign Policy - What Happens If the Democrats Win
    Last edited by ME3; 11-10-2006 at 11:51 PM.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,578

    Re: What do we do now?

    Quote Originally Posted by ME3
    Posted in October 2006, 13 Washington insiders, ex-politicians, and pundits look beyond November 7 to what a Democrat-controlled Congress might actually mean for U.S. foreign policy.

    Foreign Policy - What Happens If the Democrats Win
    If the Repugs have crystal balls, why didn't they use them before the election to see their crushing defeat? :D :D :D

  10. #9
    Rusted's Avatar
    Rusted is offline Gold Scams Member User Rank
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    645

    Re: What do we do now?

    Same as always, get back to work. Hopefully both sides now will get something concrete done.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    105

    Re: What do we do now?

    Hmm, I don't think we will get much more than insults and such here but I'll put forward a few general ideas that would move America in the right direction...in my humble opinion.

    1. Quit being the guard dog for Israel. Now before I am lambasted with anti-Semite remarks please understand I really have no issue with Jews. I do have a problem with $4 billion in aide and military secrets to a country who has never shown gratitude. Who, to the contrary, has severely abused a friendship by vile and despicable human rights violations of various surrounding countries as well as attacks against the very country who is the sole reason they still exist. Sadly, the power Jews in general wield in this country and the immediate use of the Holocaust if confronted...this central problem will never be addressed.

    2. I disagree with a firm timetable for withdrawal from Iraq, but some serious goals should be set forth and pressure exerted on the Iraqi government if ignored. Though I personally disagree with our entry into Iraq, I do feel we now have a duty to ensure a stable government is in place before we withdraw.

    3. Real attainable policies for border security put into effect.

    4. Complete abolition of corporate political campaign funding. Special interests groups rule both parties. Until this changes no legislation passed by Congress will be worth a roll of Charmin.

    5. Electronic collars attached to each politician that will shock them each time a lie is uttered. Of course, a few may be irreversibly harmed in the first few days of implementation, but like even the worst dogs, they will learn quickly. (My apologies for this last one. We see so little humor on this forum.)

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The beautiful south!
    Posts
    3,046

    Re: What do we do now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash
    Hmm, I don't think we will get much more than insults and such here but I'll put forward a few general ideas that would move America in the right direction...in my humble opinion.

    1. Quit being the guard dog for Israel. Now before I am lambasted with anti-Semite remarks please understand I really have no issue with Jews. I do have a problem with $4 billion in aide and military secrets to a country who has never shown gratitude. Who, to the contrary, has severely abused a friendship by vile and despicable human rights violations of various surrounding countries as well as attacks against the very country who is the sole reason they still exist. Sadly, the power Jews in general wield in this country and the immediate use of the Holocaust if confronted...this central problem will never be addressed.

    2. I disagree with a firm timetable for withdrawal from Iraq, but some serious goals should be set forth and pressure exerted on the Iraqi government if ignored. Though I personally disagree with our entry into Iraq, I do feel we now have a duty to ensure a stable government is in place before we withdraw.

    3. Real attainable policies for border security put into effect.

    4. Complete abolition of corporate political campaign funding. Special interests groups rule both parties. Until this changes no legislation passed by Congress will be worth a roll of Charmin.

    5. Electronic collars attached to each politician that will shock them each time a lie is uttered. Of course, a few may be irreversibly harmed in the first few days of implementation, but like even the worst dogs, they will learn quickly. (My apologies for this last one. We see so little humor on this forum.)
    ROTFL
    :D The shock collars are a grand idea. Sessions could be televised and
    we would be endlessly entertained!!! :D

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,803

    Re: What do we do now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash
    Hmm, I don't think we will get much more than insults and such here but I'll put forward a few general ideas that would move America in the right direction...in my humble opinion.

    1. Quit being the guard dog for Israel. Now before I am lambasted with anti-Semite remarks please understand I really have no issue with Jews. I do have a problem with $4 billion in aide and military secrets to a country who has never shown gratitude. Who, to the contrary, has severely abused a friendship by vile and despicable human rights violations of various surrounding countries as well as attacks against the very country who is the sole reason they still exist. Sadly, the power Jews in general wield in this country and the immediate use of the Holocaust if confronted...this central problem will never be addressed.

    2. I disagree with a firm timetable for withdrawal from Iraq, but some serious goals should be set forth and pressure exerted on the Iraqi government if ignored. Though I personally disagree with our entry into Iraq, I do feel we now have a duty to ensure a stable government is in place before we withdraw.

    3. Real attainable policies for border security put into effect.

    4. Complete abolition of corporate political campaign funding. Special interests groups rule both parties. Until this changes no legislation passed by Congress will be worth a roll of Charmin.

    5. Electronic collars attached to each politician that will shock them each time a lie is uttered. Of course, a few may be irreversibly harmed in the first few days of implementation, but like even the worst dogs, they will learn quickly. (My apologies for this last one. We see so little humor on this forum.)
    A fine post. Well done.
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

    Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

    Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.