+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Liberals confused by success

My attitude is that you win some and lose some...if you compete fairly and do all you can to win, then you take it like an adult and move on. This attitude enables one to win far more often. This is the spirit of competition that we should all learn from an early age. No whining about anything, just regroup and press on. Of course, it helps to know you are on the right side.

Liberals don't get this. I guess because it is so very rare that they win anything, they do not know how to act. They would do well to note that they will eventually have to state their positions on SOMETHING, and that to do so will begin their inevitable slide. The last time they won something(1992), it took less than two years for the worst reversal in US history. So disgusted were Americans by the gutless liberals they had recently elected, they sent 'em packing in record numbers. What happened was...they had to SAY SOMETHING!!

Remember, the sick, quiet agenda that soros and his ilk have for us is supported by NO ONE. How long can they go without opening their mouths?

Re: Liberals confused by success

Hows the bomb shelter going? Got your food stuffs put aside for the next 10 years?

LOL, you KNOW you didn't want to win Pwrone, what would you have to complain about if you did? ;)

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    My attitude is that you win some and lose some...if you compete fairly and do all you can to win, then you take it like an adult and move on. This attitude enables one to win far more often. This is the spirit of competition that we should all learn from an early age. No whining about anything, just regroup and press on. Of course, it helps to know you are on the right side.

Liberals don't get this. I guess because it is so very rare that they win anything, they do not know how to act. They would do well to note that they will eventually have to state their positions on SOMETHING, and that to do so will begin their inevitable slide. The last time they won something(1992), it took less than two years for the worst reversal in US history. So disgusted were Americans by the gutless liberals they had recently elected, they sent 'em packing in record numbers. What happened was...they had to SAY SOMETHING!!

Remember, the sick, quiet agenda that soros and his ilk have for us is supported by NO ONE. How long can they go without opening their mouths?
    Come on Sweetheart... can you just say "Congratulations"? :)

Please?... pretty please??....

Girls, girls...!! Please!

Look...I have savored their crying about 'fixed elections' the whining about their 'rights' are being taken away...I have bathed in their tears when their manufactured scandals fail again and again and again...I have drunk deeply their sorrow as they have lost again and again---always tantalizingly close, but not quite winning...what could be better than that? Now...what can they get from me? NOTHING. I STILL live in the greatest nation the world has ever known, the most compassionate, the fairest, the kindest, the strongest...Where anyone with desire and work ethic can be successful.

It is a beautiful day!!

Look...I have savored their crying about 'fixed elections' the whining about their 'rights' are being taken away...I have bathed in their tears when their manufactured scandals fail again and again and again...I have drunk deeply their sorrow as they have lost again and again---always tantalizingly close, but not quite winning...what could be better than that? Now...what can they get from me? NOTHING. I STILL live in the greatest nation the world has ever known, the most compassionate, the fairest, the kindest, the strongest...Where anyone with desire and work ethic can be successful.

It is a beautiful day!!
    Oh you party pooper! ;)

LM

It is a beautiful day!!
    Come on now Baby!

I'm beggin' ya here - PLEASE... Just one little, itty-bitty Congratulations.. :)

Pretty PLEASE with sugar on top?

lol took you all day to say tha...

I'm not a democrata, but i'll tell you what, tthe scandals were far from manufactured and anytihng to get "the Bush Crime Gang" and stop their systematic destruction of our constitution and human rights,,,

What is the difference between congress and The Library of Congress?

In the Library of Congress you're not allowed to lick the pages.

No confusion here. :D

i'm sorry!?where did "fairly" EVER enter the mind of a neocon!?and since this society is MAD(any and all costs!?) about the idea of winning!?whose fault is that!?YOURS!?competition is WORTHLESS when cheaply sold as the meaning of success and RIGHTEOUSNESS!?again.....you are guilty as charged!?and finally,we have always known that you consider anything you think is RIGHT as bein on the RIGHT side!?the winning side!?that's just COWARDICE in disguise!?there are NO living heros!?see "flags of our fathers"!?hehe!!

is it just me!?or are you admitting to your OWN PARTIES failure this time and then expecting the DEMS to feed from the same losing strategy!?hehe!!

i dont even know what this means!?but as long as you do,and your side is losing,i'll just leave it as is!?hehe!!and if webb wins virginia!?WITHOUT the supreme court or recount bullies!?ya gotta call it a MIRACLE!?(what's that!?)call me stupid!?.....just askin....

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    i'm sorry!?where did "fairly" EVER enter the mind of a neocon!?and since this society is MAD(any and all costs!?) about the idea of winning!?whose fault is that!?YOURS!?competition is WORTHLESS when cheaply sold as the meaning of success and RIGHTEOUSNESS!?again.....you are guilty as charged!?and finally,we have always known that you consider anything you think is RIGHT as bein on the RIGHT side!?the winning side!?that's just COWARDICE in disguise!?there are NO living heros!?see "flags of our fathers"!?hehe!!

is it just me!?or are you admitting to your OWN PARTIES failure this time and then expecting the DEMS to feed from the same losing strategy!?hehe!!

i dont even know what this means!?but as long as you do,and your side is losing,i'll just leave it as is!?hehe!!and if webb wins virginia!?WITHOUT the supreme court or recount bullies!?ya gotta call it a MIRACLE!?(what's that!?)call me stupid!?.....just askin....
    For once, you have written something worthy of a response...in the last paragraph, you allude to something interesting. What would happen if the liberals lost by a close margin...no closer than many of these races were? Do you suppose they would be rolling around in their own make, crying, nashing their little teeth, etc. I think we know. Thanks for reminding us all why they are so utterly despicable. "recount, recount"!!!! Pussies.

This wasn't really a Democrat win, it was just a Republican loss. Republicans failed in every way a party can fail. The Democrats just had to stand still.

The Republicans failed you too, pwrone. They had most of the country, right to center and lost it all to the point where all they had left was the far, far right fringe.

I guess that fringe is you.
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 11-09-2006 at 08:46 AM.

Hey pwrone... look at this:

Originally Posted by Grim17 - Congratulations to all of you that voted democrat this election. My hats off to you for such a huge victory.
    Grim congratulated us. Why won't you??

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    This wasn't really a Democrat win, it was just a Republican loss. Republicans failed in every way a party can fail. The Democrats just had to stand still.

The Republicans failed you too, pwrone. They had most of the country, right to center and lost it all to the point where all they had left was the far, far right fringe.

I guess that fringe is you.

I am not the fringe of anything, though I don't think that running with the pack is an altogether proud distinction. I felt let down by a hundred different things during this campaign and before it. But the things that Bush has let ME down on fall mostly under the category of "doing what he feels is the right thing". I despise those who govern by polling data, like the previous prez. Bushes biggest weakness is on an issue that the left will not even address at all. It is because of his misplaced compassion that he is simply unwilling to bend to pressure on the border. I respect that, but I do not agree.

The issues that most interest me are ones where I perceive there is an opportunity for change or to influence. No one is going to make politicians less corrupt. It just isn't going to happen. But we need to shine a light where sick things are occurring under the radar. When the aclu uses our tax dollars to fight against things that nearly all Americans support, it is worthy of mention and more. These things never change, no matter who is in office. So, I really do not feel much for this election. I suppose I counted it a loss a long time ago, for many reasons, not the least of which being that it is simply impractical for one party to win for more than 8 years, let alone the nearly 15 we have enjoyed. I am deeply disappointed that we had betrayals on the right side of the aisle. I am confident that this Presidents legacy will begin and end with the obstructionism both outside and in his own party, as well as the failure to address the border. The Iraq situation will be barely a footnote, though it did drive this election to an extent.

The fact that he tried in vain to 'fix' social security will be noted by only scholars, but was a huge disappointment. That it was blocked by the left for purely partisan reasons is indicative of how bereft they really are of any actual concern for this country. They blocked that as a direct revenge for the lack of legacy that clinton has, and it will extend to ludicrous and costly impeachment hearings. By the time a couple of years of pelosi and her cadre of incredibly weak sticks are through, I think we may see a bit of a reversal.

But , really, does it matter? This is only entertainment for us, isn't it? Really, the things that we care to do something about will not be solved on a forum like this, but rather out there, in the game. I wonder what would happen if someone could just tell the truth all the time...

Anyway, we should all drop to our knees every single night and thank God that we were born and lived in 20th century America. No one has ever had it so good.

Uh didn't you hear Pelosi when she said impeachment hearings are off the table? I think both parties have learned that impeachment hearings just for show when there are other dire issues facing this country, not to mention the financial burden, are not the answer. After all it was the republicans that sent a lynchmob after clinton because he lied about getting a couple of blow jobs. What did that accomplish but spending lots of money and learning about his preferences of sticking cigars where the sun doesn't shine. All in all he stayed in office and it took our, his and congresses attention away from important issues. Republicans can b!tch all they want about Clinton not preventing terrorisim but it was them that came after him with a lynch mob when he could have been doing good for the country.

Not to say I don't think there are reasons to impeach Bush but we are at war and have other things to worry about. He's basically a lame duck president now and he only has two years to go, so unless he really starts screwing up, I say give him a chance to do the job he was elected (debateable ;) ) to do in the first place.

TheWorker Guest

What the heck are you talking about???

still going strong with that whole "liberal" label huh?? it didnt work, even though you and the repubs threw that term around quite a lot, IT DIDNT WORK. no one is buying into your "liberals hate america" shtick any more. wake up, bush sucks....IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED