+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: I Love The Smell Of Impeachment In The Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Jreed
    It's a really pathetic state of affairs when the best you think your political party is able to do is making sure nothing happens in this government for the next 2 years.

To hell with compromise. To hell with working together. Let's make sure nothing gets done.

Great philosophy.
    LOL, well, first we have to see if the president is serious about compromise this time. The ball, so to speak, is now in his court and he's still trying to figure out what the game is.

He looked a bit "shell shocked" at the conference today.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Jreed
    It's a really pathetic state of affairs when the best you think your political party is able to do is making sure nothing happens in this government for the next 2 years.

To hell with compromise. To hell with working together. Let's make sure nothing gets done.

Great philosophy.
    So you like the neo-con agenda? You like the war in Iraq? You love a deficit in the trillions? You approve of corruption?
    Now that sounds like a "Great philosophy". :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    He looked a bit "shell shocked" at the conference today.
    I'm sure "Pills" Limbaugh has something in his desk to make him feel better. :D

Quote Originally Posted by UserName
    I'm sure "Pills" Limbaugh has something in his desk to make him feel better. :D
    Ya think? ;)

. :cool:

I wonder if Grim and HDM both had heart attacks this morning? Not a peep out of either. And Pwrone is silent too?

Maybe they are out having a good drunk? Drowning their woes? :D

LM

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    I wonder if Grim and HDM both had heart attacks this morning? Not a peep out of either. And Pwrone is silent too?

Maybe they are out having a good drunk? Drowning their woes? :D

LM
    Probably a bit distraught that the terrorists have won and will soon invade America and be knocking on their doors.
    Mind you, eating cold crow probably takes some time.

Quote Originally Posted by UserName
    Probably a bit distraught that the terrorists have won and will soon invade America and be knocking on their doors.
    Mind you, eating cold crow probably takes some time.
    Maybe they are digging their bomb shelters too? LOL.

LM

I find it so funny how people can talk about anything...but when it comes to politics they turn into sharks. Take a few deep breaths. In with the good, out with the bad. Elections are over...you can give some of the rhetoric a rest now.

First, some of your questions....

1) I believe saddam needed to be removed. WMD or not don't matter to me. he was a mass murderer and would have done us harm if ever given the chance. I do believe that a lot of good things are happening in Iraq that we never see in the press. I have spoken to many people in the military who have been there. They assure me I am correct.

I understand there is a lot of debate as to how we got to be in Iraq...but it's too late for that. Eliminating saddam was the correct course of action. Weather Bush lied to the people to get it done...or made an honest mistake that led to going there is not important to me. What is important is how we, as a country, will move forward.
    I don't think Bush has done things very well. But the mess needs to be cleaned up...and the bickering and name calling won't help.

2) As far as who has the ball in whose court.......who cares? Saying the ball is in Bush's court is just a way to lay blame. They all need to work together. That is what they were hired (elected) to do. That is the whole purpose of their positions. If they refuse to be adults and do thier jobs...then they should all resign. Wishful thinking on my part...I know.

3) As far as the defecit is concerned...I don't like it. I don't think Bush has a good domestic policy. But I think the typical Democrat plan of raising taxes (or repealing tax cuts) sucks even worse.

I have news for all of you. ...... The wealthy won't pay much in taxes anyway. Democrats won't have an impact on that. They just like to say they'll tax the rich. But since the politicians ARE rich...I wouldn't count on it. I feel sorry for any left winger that thinks his/her politicians are taxing the rich more than they are taxing the middle class. That's a joke.
    Wealthy pay less in taxes for a very important reason. They are smarter than the average joe-sixpack who watches American Idol re-runs every night.

4) As far as corruption is concerned...I assure you the republican party does not have a monopoly on corruption. Wouldn't that be convenient. Then we'd only have to throw half the politicians in jail. Or better yet...we could throw them in the same land-fill as all the aborted fetus's they tried to protect. That might make a good Stephen King novel.

5) As for Limbaugh...who the hell cares. He falls in the "right wing freak" catagory.

Just like you fall in the "Left wing freak" catagory. :rolleyes:

Wow -Jreed figured out how to say just about everything I wanted to. Great, now all I have to post is agreed. I'm glad tht the democrats did better and have been able to get some power, but I'm not excited. No one knows if things will actually change. We can just sit and play the waiting game.

I have to add...I have been reading some of the other posts in the chat room today.

I AM SHOCKED that anyone still believes tax cuts or tax increases of any kind, by any party have an impact on the weathy in this day and age.

Do people actually believe the Democrats will tax wealthy people more than they'll tax the lower and middle classes? You MUST be joking!?!?!?

I have news for all of you...wealthy people are smart with their money. That's how they get wealthy. They typically earn a different form on income than employees...and that income gets gets taxed differently. We get write-offs and other advantages too. Democrats won't ever change that...they certainly never have before.

You may ask yourself why?? Why won't my beloved politicians (left or right)change things so the rich get taxed more???
    --The answer is simple...ALL POLITICIANS ARE WEALTHY. They are protecting their own assets and the assets of their family. UH-DUH.

Honestly...I know the Dem's are supposed to be the "caring" party...and the Repubs are the "hard-liners". But if you really think your elected democrat politician cares about you as the average joe....you are very niave.
    Or maybe I am too jaded for my own good. Not that the pubs are better...but at least they are more honest about it.

The Dems just say that crap to get the poor people who have zero financial intelligence to vote for them. Its how elections are won. I am just surprised people still fall for it. Another sucker is born every day.

Once again I agree.

LadyMod, dont forget RUSTUpid...not a word from him too.... :rolleyes:

Frankg thinks that Bush cant be impeached...I wonder if somebody could prove him wrong? He really believes that Bush is clean....

Quote Originally Posted by Tripod
    LadyMod, dont forget RUSTUpid...not a word from him too.... :rolleyes:

LOL. He just sent me the best joke as a matter of fact. I posted in the the confused Liberal thread.

I've spoken to him today, he's just really busy.

(I think he's smartin' a little too, but don't tell him I told you so.)

LM

Just in....Webb got VA! I really hope things change for the better. Check and balance is good...it keeps everybody on there toes. I just hope our leaders would work together rather than against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripod
    Just in....Webb got VA! I really hope things change for the better. Check and balance is good...it keeps everybody on there toes. I just hope our leaders would work together rather than against each other.
    I hope you're right... I don't see it happening, but I do hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Ol' GW doesn't impress me as one with the ability to influence beyond party lines... which he'll have to overcome if he wants anything from Congress. He has "officially" entered lame-duck status.