+ Reply to Thread

Does it bother you when a Christian says to another Christian..

That it is okay to study the Bible -- but dont talk about and
    do not share it with others... you will lose friends that way?

BTL

truthbearer Guest

Re: Does it bother you when a Christian says to another Christian..

Quote Originally Posted by bethelight

BTL

To say that is just another form of outright denial and an insult, not if an unbeliever say's it, but for a believer to say it is nothing less than an oxymoron.

It's no less than saying I am a christian , but I don't believe in Jesus Christ of the bible.

It's nonsense isn't it?

TB

BTL
    Have you known someone to do that? Well, other than teenagers? And how could they manage to be silent?

I ask because I couldn't and I don't see how anyone else could.

Wouldn't this have come under the head of communism? If the state doesn't sanction it you are not to speak of it?

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Have you known someone to do that? Well, other than teenagers? And how could they manage to be silent?

I ask because I couldn't and I don't see how anyone else could.

Wouldn't this have come under the head of communism? If the state doesn't sanction it you are not to speak of it?

Lady Mod
    Many "supposed"Christians ( family and friends )have said to me - dont talk about Jesus = you will lose friends, family.

Many "supposed"Christians ( family and friends )have said to me - dont talk about Jesus = you will lose friends, family.
    Hmmm, we have something similar in common.

I remember God giving me a verse: Be not fearful to speak out for he had many friends in this place. Something like that, I can't look it up here.

My family and friends didn't tell me not to talk about it but they didn't have much to do with me after I accepted salvation for a long time. However, I found like minded friends who became my family and eventually my earthly family came around and accepted that this was my choice and respected it.

So, I would say to you, don't listen to your family and friends. But do what is pleasing to God and yourself. Your family will come around.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

truthbearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Hmmm, we have something similar in common.

I remember God giving me a verse: Be not fearful to speak out for he had many friends in this place. Something like that, I can't look it up here.

My family and friends didn't tell me not to talk about it but they didn't have much to do with me after I accepted salvation for a long time. However, I found like minded friends who became my family and eventually my earthly family came around and accepted that this was my choice and respected it.

So, I would say to you, don't listen to your family and friends. But do what is pleasing to God and yourself. Your family will come around.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Yes, I agree, and there are many versus that prove that..for one Jesus himself did few miracles in his own town,,remember,,they knew him like your family and friends know you...so, count it a part of the cost doing business with christianity.

Also, do not let it deter you to compromise or intimidate your zeal in him...Satan would love that.

Jesus said to Mary, who is my mother , sister and brother,,clearly your real family is in the blood line of Christ, and that is where our loyalties must go..for those who do not hate their family is not worthy to follow him..

We know, hate in this context means when we are challenged by anyone including family members stating a ultimatum

If our answer to the ultimatum family or christ,,If we do not choose Christ He is saying to us we are not fit to follow him and he will deny us too in that sense.

We are yoked to the family of God, not yoked to our natural blood line..our spiitual bloodline is much stronger for it is eternal for even jesus denied mother mary...demonstrating to us we must do the same when given an ultimatum.

TB

the bible says that no man can say jesus is lord except by the holy spirit!?true or not!?hehe!?.....just askin.....

truthbearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    the bible says that no man can say jesus is lord except by the holy spirit!?true or not!?hehe!?.....just askin.....
    True, because unless the Spirit draws a man or person they will have no awareness of Him. No man comes to the Lord unless the Spirit draws him according to scripture.

TB

Quote Originally Posted by truthbearer
    Yes, I agree, and there are many versus that prove that..for one Jesus himself did few miracles in his own town,,remember,,they knew him like your family and friends know you...so, count it a part of the cost doing business with christianity.

Also, do not let it deter you to compromise or intimidate your zeal in him...Satan would love that.

Jesus said to Mary, who is my mother , sister and brother,,clearly your real family is in the blood line of Christ, and that is where our loyalties must go..for those who do not hate their family is not worthy to follow him..

We know, hate in this context means when we are challenged by anyone including family members stating a ultimatum

If our answer to the ultimatum family or christ,,If we do not choose Christ He is saying to us we are not fit to follow him and he will deny us too in that sense.

We are yoked to the family of God, not yoked to our natural blood line..our spiitual bloodline is much stronger for it is eternal for even jesus denied mother mary...demonstrating to us we must do the same when given an ultimatum.

TB
    Good response TB.
    Math,13:57 A Prophet is not without honor, except in his own country and his own house.
    Last edited by gools68; 11-07-2006 at 12:24 PM.