+ Reply to Thread

John Knott-Scam?

Last week, a man named James Knott had sent me an email saying he is from the UK (I live in the U.S.) and he wanted to hire someone to wire funds to different people, and he told me he would send me 4,500 dollars and I send them 400 dollars and I keep 4000 of it. And this would be a job for me to send people money. Now he is writing me telling he has received information that the money has been sent to my home, and he is wondering why I have been silent and things like that, and if he does not hear anything from me, then he will be forced to take matters into his own hands. Here is the most recent message that he sent me below: This person got my email address from Churchstaffing.com.... Is this legal to wire money to people when you donot work in a bank?

Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 17:55:58 +0000 (GMT)
    Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.co.uk. Learn more
    Subject: Urgent.... Check was delivered to you.
    To: "Jessica Richardson"
    Dear Jessica.

From the tracking result provided by UPS , we understand that the check has been delivered to your home this morning.

I believe you were in reciept of my previous emails containing all the necessary instructions as regards the proceeds method in this transaction.

I must say that i am not satisfied with your silence and if i do not hear from you now that the check has been delivered.We may be force to interpret your silence otherwise and take actions to ensure the safety of our money.I believe you understand what this means.We have a lot of trust in you and hope that this trust would not be betrayed.

I look forward to your immediate response.

Kind Regards

Mr James Knott

Re: John Knott-Scam?

See reply to your post at: John Knott thread: Scam.com