+ Reply to Thread

GOP Pervs, Criminals And Psychotics Hall Of Fame

Today, the Center For Responsibility And Ethics In Washington released its second annual survey of the twenty most corrupt members of Congress, aptly named "Beyond DeLay: The 20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress (and five to watch)."

CREW inventoried the "transgressions" of each member of Congress under the microscope of federal law and congressional rules.

Some highlights:

-The three most corrupt Senate members are the infamous Conrad Burns (R-MT), Bill Frist (R-TN), and Rick Santorum (R-PA)

-Seventeen of the twenty "Most Corrupt" politicians are Republicans

-Four of the "Five Members To Watch" are Republicans

-All but one of the 25 Members of Congress included on the list are up for re-election

The Full List:

Members of the Senate:
    Conrad Burns (R-MT)
    Bill Frist (R-TN)
    Rick Santorum (R-PA)

Members of the House:
    Alan Mollohan (D-WV)
    Roy Blunt (R-MO)
    Marilyn Musgrave (R-CO)
    Ken Calvert (R-CA)
    Richard Pombo (R-CA)
    John Doolittle (R-CA)
    Rick Renzi (R-AZ)
    Tom Feeney (R-FL)
    Pete Sessions (R-TX)
    Katherine Harris (R-FL)
    John Sweeney (R-NY)
    William Jefferson (D-LA)
    Charles Taylor (R-NC)
    Jerry Lewis (R-CA)
    Maxine Waters (D-CA)
    Gary Miller (R-CA)
    Curt Weldon (R-PA)

Five Members to Watch:
    Chris Cannon (R-UT)
    J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ)
    Dennis Hastert (R-IL)
    John Murtha (D-PA)
    Rep. Don Sherwood (R-PA)

For more information see the official press release here.

Or visit the project website beyonddelay.org.

Re: GOP Pervs, Criminals And Psychotics Hall Of Fame

Who hired these people who form The Center For Responsibility and Ethics Committee in Washington? Where do they come from? What is their background? How can I check them out?
    First, no one should believe anything written with such a premeditated motive of bias.
    You offend my intelligence, but do not surprise me, as this is typical autocratic behavior.
    what the heck is this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by wiseroption
    Who hired these people who form The Center For Responsibility and Ethics Committee in Washington? Where do they come from? What is their background? How can I check them out?
    First, no one should believe anything written with such a premeditated motive of bias.
    You offend my intelligence, but do not surprise me, as this is typical autocratic behavior.
    Are you so stupid you can't do a simple search?
    BTW... You require intelligence before it can be offended.

http://www.citizensforethics.org/index.php

I don't think I am stupid and although redundant, I appreciate your help. I did that very search and found that very website and researched it.

The question was in response to the original post, with the underlying objective of hopefully promoting further thought from other readers. All too often, articles like these are published with biased motives and then thrown out to a trusting and gullible public. Not that anyone on this board is that, actually most are quite far from it. I just believe that issues of such importance need further research by everyone reading it and I try to encourage others to personally investigate before jumping to conclusions.

Sort of like you are by your verdict of my lack of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseroption
    I don't think I am stupid and although redundant, I appreciate your help. I did that very search and found that very website and researched it.

The question was in response to the original post, with the underlying objective of hopefully promoting further thought from other readers. All too often, articles like these are published with biased motives and then thrown out to a trusting and gullible public. Not that anyone on this board is that, actually most are quite far from it. I just believe that issues of such importance need further research by everyone reading it and I try to encourage others to personally investigate before jumping to conclusions.

Sort of like you are by your verdict of my lack of intelligence.
    true that!

did anyone notice fat teddy kennedy the drunk murderer on that list?

Wha_?

and where the hell does harry reid rank on that list....lol.........this group obviously has the blinders on while sticking thier heads fully up Krusties a$$ after removing the sand that is usually there

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    Today, the Center For Responsibility And Ethics In Washington released its second annual survey of the twenty most corrupt members of Congress, aptly named "Beyond DeLay: The 20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress (and five to watch)."

CREW inventoried the "transgressions" of each member of Congress under the microscope of federal law and congressional rules.

Some highlights:

-The three most corrupt Senate members are the infamous Conrad Burns (R-MT), Bill Frist (R-TN), and Rick Santorum (R-PA)

-Seventeen of the twenty "Most Corrupt" politicians are Republicans

-Four of the "Five Members To Watch" are Republicans

-All but one of the 25 Members of Congress included on the list are up for re-election

The Full List:

Members of the Senate:
    Conrad Burns (R-MT)
    Bill Frist (R-TN)
    Rick Santorum (R-PA)

Members of the House:
    Alan Mollohan (D-WV)
    Roy Blunt (R-MO)
    Marilyn Musgrave (R-CO)
    Ken Calvert (R-CA)
    Richard Pombo (R-CA)
    John Doolittle (R-CA)
    Rick Renzi (R-AZ)
    Tom Feeney (R-FL)
    Pete Sessions (R-TX)
    Katherine Harris (R-FL)
    John Sweeney (R-NY)
    William Jefferson (D-LA)
    Charles Taylor (R-NC)
    Jerry Lewis (R-CA)
    Maxine Waters (D-CA)
    Gary Miller (R-CA)
    Curt Weldon (R-PA)

Five Members to Watch:
    Chris Cannon (R-UT)
    J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ)
    Dennis Hastert (R-IL)
    John Murtha (D-PA)
    Rep. Don Sherwood (R-PA)

For more information see the official press release here.

Or visit the project website beyonddelay.org.

Well it seems that now the pot is calling kettle Black.
    True, the repubs are having their share of scandals. But what really gets me is the arrogance of the democrats. Its not as though they have never been plagued by scandal themselves.

Neither party is blameless, and if the dems are intent on taking down certain repubs, dont be surprised when some of their own fall as well.

1994 remembered

There are scandals dredged up or made up about virtually every single candidate, Reps & Dems, clear back to the "Petticoat Affair" of Andrew Jackson.
    It is a waste of my time to pay attention to any personal attack on a candidate or officer. As I said, it insults my intelligence (something that UserName has started a scandal about me being devoid of ;) ).
    Parents so boldy agree that little playground school children are cruel and petty with their peers, while looking right through their own pettiness.
    It wastes so much valuable time, energy and resources of the American people and is only a smokescreen for avoiding real issues.

Yep...you gotta be some kinda stupid to post a list that doesn't include even a passing reference to filthy harry reid--currently rewriting the bribery record books.

Also, the 'party' that fights against Megans Law and Jessicas Law should not be allowed to use any of the following words...EVER:

Crime/criminal

Pervert

Psychotic

Law enforcement

Responsibility

Gotcha! That last one was just to see if you were paying attention...we know that liberals are not familiar with the word 'responsibility'!

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Yep...you gotta be some kinda stupid to post a list that doesn't include even a passing reference to filthy harry reid--currently rewriting the bribery record books.

Also, the 'party' that fights against Megans Law and Jessicas Law should not be allowed to use any of the following words...EVER:

Crime/criminal

Pervert

Psychotic

Law enforcement

Responsibility

Gotcha! That last one was just to see if you were paying attention...we know that liberals are not familiar with the word 'responsibility'!
    Ha..ha..ha.. That must be because they don't expect Clinton to assume all the guilt for all of mankind's ills and foibles? That's not called taking "responsibility", chum. That's called being a GOP Hypocrite of The party that never assumes or accepts responsibility for anything...ever ...under any circumstances.

For GOP, phonies, liars, criminals and faux-"conservatives", hypocrisy, ducking responsibility and finger pointing at others isn't just a human frailty. .it's the central pillar of their philosophy and a way of life.

Hekuva job Chimpy!
    Last edited by dchristie; 11-05-2006 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    Ha..ha..ha.. That must be because they don't expect Clinton to assume all the guilt for all of mankind's ills and foibles? That's not called taking "responsibility", chum. That's called being a GOP Hypocrite of The party that never assumes or accepts responsibility for anything...ever ...under any circumstances.

For GOP, phonies, liars, criminals and faux-"conservatives", hypocrisy, ducking responsibility and finger pointing at others isn't just a human frailty. .it's the central pillar of their philosophy and a way of life.

Hekuva job Chimpy!

Again...you really cannot seriously portray yourself and your ilk as the law and order bunch, can ya? I mean, I know you have never met a delusion that you didn't embrace, but still-even for you--this seems excessive. How'd ya manage to reference clinton? And 'finger-pointing'? What else do you EVER do? You have never suggested anything...you have got NOTHING, just like the rest of the liberal maggotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Alice View Post
    Very timely response.

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie View Post

Hekuva job Chimpy!
    Hekuva repeat Clinton Chimps! ........ yep .... called out even way back in the disco days! :judges: