+ Reply to Thread

Joboola.com? Get paid paid for posting your resume???

I have a resume posted on Monster and Carrerbuilder.
    I received a phone call from a woman in the East Bay San Francisco Area. She recommended that I visit the site. "joboola". Apparently if you post your resume on their site you get paid. Anyone have experience with this website? I searched for info and can't find any postings either good or bad. Sounds suspicious to me

Re: Joboola.com? Get paid paid for posting your resume???

Too good to be true?

ahhh.... red flags mate.
    Never start the day without some skepticism. My absolutely fave sites:
    Subscriber -
    Avid follower-SCAM.COM
    Loyal fan - Shameless
    Moderator - SomethingAwful
    Fanatic -Crank Dot Net
    Proudly, 2300 post Contributor - Epinions Network

Quote Originally Posted by lxj
    I received a phone call from a woman in the East Bay San Francisco Area. She recommended that I visit the site. "joboola". Apparently if you post your resume on their site you get paid. Anyone have experience with this website? I searched for info and can't find any postings either good or bad. Sounds suspicious to me

Well, if you're going to try it, set up a new, exclusive email account and take your home address off, just leave your hometown and your telephone number, I might even consider taking my # off so it doesn't get added into some telephone marketing database.

I would not trust them. They are registered "Domain by Proxy".

I also found press clipping that they are owned by Zap Ventures. I checked Zap Ventures website and they are not listed.

How much are they paying you for posting your resume? Do they need your SSN no.?

Quote Originally Posted by lxj

Hey lxj, I dont think thats what it is. I saw their website and what the idea essentially is that you post your resume and you get paid everytime an employer purchases it. It basically makes sure that your resume isnt floating all over the place and is confidential. Also, when someone buys the resume, you're assured you have already been shortlisted for the position.

Pretty neat concept. I have already posted my resume. I did a background check on the company and they are very legitimate. Dont think this is any kind of scam. :cool:

I did a background check on the company and they are very legitimate.
    Can you elaborate please? I have been unable to find ANYTHING about this company so I'd be interested in knowing how you obtained your results.

Blanche

There is one red flag here. How is it possible that they only started this website in the middle of May, but they have so many loads of people with "Testimonials" It's not that quick to build up a lot of testimonials from my experience with running a website.

It doesn't make any kind of sense in these days that someone would pay you for posting your resume! :confused:

Let me guess . . . they will need your bank details to pay the money they owe you for your resume being 1000 000 times reviewed.
    Or they will sell your details in bulk and they will get paid for it and you will end up with loads of junk. They may be an advertising company in disguise! :eek: I'm not being paranoid, just thinking about it from all corners.

There is another chance, that they are a new company who would like to become big like Monster and they try to attract people in this way, but aren't a scam.

Just read the small print!
    Last edited by Samtheman; 11-10-2006 at 10:21 AM.

Iam curious too- where did you get info on Joboola. They have a private domain registration and when you do a search all that pops up are positive things about the company.
    I am inclined to go with the post that suspected something isn't right- bank info that would be required etc.to get paid. Smells of a scam.
    Just for the heck of it I tried to sign up as an employer and the website kept coming back with script errors. Bogus site is my best determination and judgement.
    I reported them to their domain host.
    Hopefully they will shut down the site. ;)

Joboola.com? Get paid to search for a job ???

Actually I went to the joboola site. Everything is very legit.
    The VCs are real and can confirm the investment. The VCs are well known people.

A friend is very happy with Joboola....yes the concept is radical...but then so are many new ideas ...nobody believed it when they talked about flying and planes, fax machines, etc etc. All new ideas are received with skepticism...

There are thousands who have posted their resume on joboola. When you think about it...it is just a rev sharing idea ..which is being applied to resumes. Rev sharing is a very old idea and thousands of well known successful sites have been doing this for a long time.
    They have a good explanation on the site.

It is better to make money from your own info rather than give it to Monster or Hotjobs for free. They make millions by charging companies large amounts to access their database of resumes. Here Joboola says why give it way for free to jobsites...You price your own resume and share in the revenue. Seems better than giving away a resume for Free.

Re: Joboola.com? Great idea !

Joboola seems very legitimate.

They do NOT ask for SS #'s or bank accounts, they are just like a Monster or Hotjobs...but with a twist. They are funded by reputable VCs ...well known folks.

Their pitch is that companies pay large amounts of money to these jobsites for access to the resume database....which is my resume and yours. We do not get a dime of the millions of dollars these job sites get for our resumes.
    Most candidates do not know that their resumes /info is being sold to companies behind their back.
    Joboola says this is unfair.

Under Joboola's plan, a candidate shares in the revenue from his / her resume.
    I think this is EXCELLENT.

* You post your resume.
    * You price your resume.
    * Employers search resumes, and can read everything on your resume except your name and contact information.
    * To get access to your name and contact info, employers pay the price that you have set for your resume.
    * You earn 100% of the revenue for the first 3 months and 25%
    thereafter each time your name and contact info is purchased!

Your resume has double confidentiality

1. You can block any employer you wish from seeing your resume.
    2. In addition, no employer can see your contact information untill they purchase your resume.

This is great because ALL candidates can now get in front of employers without revealing the identity.

Finally we are getting paid for our resumes.

These guys are on our side !!

Also they encourage referrals..

REFER YOUR FRIENDS TO JOBOOLA AND MAKE MORE MOOLA!!!
    You earn 25% each time your friends' contact information is viewed during the first 3 months after posting!

We should support them and refer our friends too. We should support all sites that help the consumer and empower the candidate.

And I'm sure that fake employers (con artist) will be willing to pay large amounts of money for resumes. I would not trust this.

Just my 2 cents.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

Sam.agarwal is the only one who said that this site was legit, and he only has one post...
    Received:

EFG - Nintendo DS
    GC - Wii (check)

They are funded by reputable VCs ...well known folks
    Who are those well known folks?

Joboola claims on their "About Us" page that they received venture capital funding from Zap Venture:
    http://www.joboola.com/aboutus.php

Joboola isn't listed in Zap Venture's portfolio: http://www.zapventures.com/portfolio.htm and there isn't any recent news from Zap Venture supporting this claim.

Before I would even consider placing my resume on the Joboola website, I would contact Zap Venture to verify that they have funded this company. http://www.zapventures.com/contact.htm

Blanche