+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 88

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Lady Mod speaks for the troops; but the troops speak for themselves

    Here are some quotes from Lady Mod about the troops, Bush, and the war in Iraq:

    “Some don't have a choice.”
    LM (referring to the troops who choose to re-enlist in Iraq)

    The soldiers believe in freedom and democracy, not in the war in Iraq. And when a president takes them into an immoral war and does not apologize, does not have an exit strategy, Republicans lose elections. … Weep over the lives that were wasted and lost because Bush wanted to play war lord and beat his chest to the rest of the world. Bush doesn't respect our soldiers or their families, they are nothing but cannon fodder. Sacrificial lambs in his unholy war. ”

    “LOL the war was NOT about freeing anyone cupcake. We went to war in Iraq to stop a nation who had WMD's aimed at us. NO WMD's sweetling.”

    “Who is bashing our fighting men and women? We are bashing the "bozo" in the White house who put them there based on a lie. OH, the Iraqi's want us to leave. It's time to give them back THEIR country and vacate gracefully.”

    For the people here who support the troops for their work in bringing so many terrorists in Iraq to justice, I think we should take the opportunity to actually refute her arguments which are common sentiments among the liberal movement. And the best way to do it is to let the dedicated troops speak for themselves.



    Last edited by Ronald; 11-03-2006 at 08:55 AM.

  2. 11-03-2006, 08:24 AM


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: Lady Mod speaks for the troops; but the troops speak for themselves

    And if you want an alternative to the daily mockery of the U.S. president, an alternative to the bad news media, an alternative to pessimism, and to insults of the troops, you can check out www.goodnewsiraq.com. Let me know if you guys can find some good alternative sources.

    We've given the naysayers too much attention. U.S. soldiers who are willing to risk their lives in pursuit of terrorists should have an equal, if not greater voice, than people like Cindy Sheehan.

    The soldiers are not uneducated. They are not "misguided". They are not poor. Letting people like John Kerry speak for them has got to stop.
    Last edited by Ronald; 11-03-2006 at 09:09 AM.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    Re: Lady Mod speaks for the troops; but the troops speak for themselves

    Ronald, I admire your effort, but what makes you think that lady mod or any other liberal here is interested in the truth?

    When have they ever given facts they don't like any credence?

    When have they ever let facts stop their attacks on our government or our military?

    It isn't about truth to them Ronald, it's about hatred for Bush, and that takes priority over everything else.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: Lady Mod speaks for the troops; but the troops speak for themselves

    Please have this clip removed ASAP. It is too graphic and disturbing.

  6. #5
    sojustask's Avatar
    sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: Lady Mod speaks for the troops; but the troops speak for themselves

    http://www.truthout.org/cgi-bin/artm...w.cgi/49/18078

    Wednesday 01 March 2006

    Written testimony of Garett Reppenhagen, returned Iraq War Veteran; submitted to the House Appropriations Subcommittee for Military Quality of Life and Veterans Affairs.

    Thank you for this opportunity to provide testimony on issues concerning Military Quality of Life and Veterans Affairs. I joined the Army in August of 2001 and became a Cavalry/Scout at Ft. Knox, Kentucky. I was indoctrinated into a military that I was proud of and had the courage to serve because I trusted that the government of the United States would use me in a responsible and necessary manner.

    I was on leave from a deployment in Kosovo when the Iraq War began. I watched in dread, waiting for a layover flight at Dallas/Ft. Worth airport, when the ultimatum for Saddam and his sons to surrender ran out. Bradleys crossed the line into Iraq, and Baghdad was exploding on the televisions. Surrounding me were a crowd of people cheering like the Cowboys just won the Super Bowl. I started to feel like the reality of war and the policies of the administration were not as honest as they appeared.

    In February of 2004, it was my turn to go to war. I was with 2-63 AR 1st Infantry Division stationed in Baquba, Iraq, as a Sniper in a six-man team. During my year there, I saw a lack of effort by our government to provide the US Soldier with the ability to win the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people. As events unfolded, like Abu Ghraib and the battles in Fallujah, a growing resentment of the Iraqi people swelled the support for the insurgency. Our mission there became impossible.

    We turned all our missions into surviving Iraq for a year. Missions like counter ambush, counter mortar, road clearing and house raids. No longer were we able to attempt reconstruction operations. The alienation of the people we were supposed to be trying to hand democracy to increased and the Improvised Explosive Devices, Rocket Propelled Grenade Ambushes and mortar attacks increased.

    I left Iraq, eventually was honorably discharged after a ten month involuntary extension, and returned home to begin working for veteran advocacy. I have a growing network of friends who are veterans and deal with all the major veteran organizations. I frequently visit Walter Reed and speak to a dozen veterans struggling with PTSD and other forms of mental illness. It is a constant frustration to see these men and women treated without proper care and respect. And the problem is only growing.

    These soldiers are returning and overcoming the most unimaginable physical and mental disabilities. But the question they all eventually begin to ask is "Why?" With the growing public opinion being that war was not only wrong, but also based on lies, the soldier who was sent to fight has a conflict with the fact that his sacrifice had no meaning. The lack of meaning ultimately creates a breakdown of character that is fundamental in a soldier's degradation of mental health. Because the war is so "wrong," it can create not just a guilt of the traumatic experience in Iraq, it also makes the soldiers shameful of the people they have become.

    These soldiers return home to ticker tape parades and "thank you's," when the soldier many times feels like a criminal. Most hold on to the ideal that it was a noble cause, to protect their character from the damaging truth. However eventually, over time, that protective bubble will pop. If it is years down the road, the buildup of stress will be more harmful. Whether conscious of it or not, because these soldiers are never punished by society and their leaders are not being held accountable, the veteran takes on self-destructive habits and sometimes commits suicide. We hold ourselves accountable, and sometimes cannot live with the pain.

    The longer we continue the conflict in Iraq, the worse the injuries to our soldiers will become. We need to remove our military from a war it should have never been involved in. Without the use of our military in honest operations, the psychological impact on our service members will be unavoidable. Trauma from war is another injury of combat and is a natural reaction to being in a violent environment. Added with the loss of meaning, it can be severe. The only way to put an end to it is to withdraw troops immediately from Iraq and bring them home now.

    The following is a piece of the last letter SPC Douglas Barber, an Iraq War Veteran, wrote before taking his own life in January 2006:

    All is not okay or right for those of us who return home alive and supposedly well. What looks like normalcy and readjustment is only an illusion to be revealed by time and torment. Some soldiers come home missing limbs and other parts of their bodies. Still others will live with permanent scars from horrific events that no one other than those who served will ever understand.

    We come home from war trying to put our lives back together but some cannot stand the memories and decide that death is better. They kill themselves because they are so haunted by seeing children killed and whole families wiped out.

    They ask themselves how you put a price tag on someone else's life. The question goes unanswered as they become another casualty of the war. Heroes become another statistic to America and they are another little article relegated to the back of a newspaper.

    Still others come home to nothing. Families have abandoned them: husbands and wives have left these soldiers, and so have parents as well. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder has become the norm amongst these soldiers because they don't know how to cope with returning to a society that will never understand what they have had to endure to liberate another country.

    http://www.veteransforamerica.org/in...rofileid/54380

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    mighigan
    Posts
    384

    Re: Lady Mod speaks for the troops; but the troops speak for themselves

    Ronald, What do you think showing those clips prove?That some how Lady Mod is wrong and that what you say and think is right?There are always more than one side to any story.I have never for one second doubted that there are many soldiers out there that feel we are doing the right thing over there.But not all of them.I think it is important that we as US citizens get all sides of a story.All perspectives help to understand the whole truth.And even though it isnt the first time I have seen footage like this I still thank you for offering up another side of the di.

  8. #7
    dchristie's Avatar
    dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,663

    Re: Lady Mod speaks for the troops; but the troops speak for themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    And if you want an alternative to the daily mockery of the U.S. president, an alternative to the bad news media, an alternative to pessimism, and to insults of the troops, you can check out www.goodnewsiraq.com. Let me know if you guys can find some good alternative sources.

    We've given the naysayers too much attention. U.S. soldiers who are willing to risk their lives in pursuit of terrorists should have an equal, if not greater voice, than people like Cindy Sheehan.

    The soldiers are not uneducated. They are not "misguided". They are not poor. Letting people like John Kerry speak for them has got to stop.
    That's not what Kerry said anyway, you brain-dead fvcking fascist moron. The problem with you degenrate war-mongering Monkeys is that you only want chickenhawks, war-criminals, traitors and pro-war thugs like yourself who never wore a uniform to be the ones contolling the flow of information.

    Military Censorship


    In their zeal to control....., censorship is now a function of the Army National Guard with a team of military censors operating out of a reserve unit in Virginia, Army Web Risk Assessment Cell, Army Office of Information Assurance and Compliance.

    Using several scanning tools, Big Brother is mining the Mil-Blogs for “documents, pictures and other information that may compromise security.”

    Increasingly, the Pentagon is tightening the screws on military bloggers in addition to disallowing embedded reporters coverage of the war in Iraq.

    Over the past couple of years, many mil-bloggers either "voluntarily" shut down their blogs or were forced to by the military. In both cases, fear of facing disciplinary action that would include court martial was a prime motivator. Here is one example of many, Confessions of a Military Recruiter pulling the plug: http://www.aquietnoise.com/2006/10/2...ry-censorship/
    Last edited by dchristie; 11-03-2006 at 05:21 PM.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    112

    Re: Lady Mod speaks for the troops; but the troops speak for themselves

    Readers of this thread.

    Why listen to opinion? It's political. With personal agendas rempant.

    Listen to real people, real freedom-loving Iraqis, real smart and real brave soldiers, at the scene, all the ones who really know what's going on, the ones who show the liberal lies for what they are.

    Massive tons of the good that's being done in Iraq (in 10 parts) - right here for you.

    GOOD NEWS FROM IRAQ - Wake Up America!

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    mighigan
    Posts
    384

    Re: Lady Mod speaks for the troops; but the troops speak for themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by ME3
    Readers of this thread.

    Why listen to opinion? It's political. With personal agendas rempant.

    Listen to real people, real freedom-loving Iraqis, real smart and real brave soldiers, at the scene, all the ones who really know what's going on, the ones who show the liberal lies for what they are.

    Massive tons of the good that's being done in Iraq (in 10 parts) - right here for you.

    GOOD NEWS FROM IRAQ - Wake Up America!
    So what are you saying any soldier or iraqi or US citizen who sees another side or both perhaps is stupid?

  11. #10
    dchristie's Avatar
    dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,663

    Re: Lady Mod speaks for the troops; but the troops speak for themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by ME3
    Readers of this thread.

    Why listen to opinion? It's political. With personal agendas rempant.

    Listen to real people, real freedom-loving Iraqis, real smart and real brave soldiers, at the scene, all the ones who really know what's going on, the ones who show the liberal lies for what they are.

    Massive tons of the good that's being done in Iraq (in 10 parts) - right here for you.

    GOOD NEWS FROM IRAQ - Wake Up America!

    This Monkey spends so much time polishing Bush's turds and spewing feel good propaganda for The Bush Crime Gang, it's amazing that he has time to go to the bathroom. But, that's why Monkeys wear diapers.

    HIs pentagon approved Fairy Tails are supposed to intoxicate goose-stepping lemmings into thinking the commission of War-Crimes, Fraud, Murder, Torture, Global Thievery and Malfeasance on a historic scale is OK as long as we try to clean up the colossal destruction we've wrought on the hapless population of Iraq by painting a few buildings and handing out candy and granola bars to some of the pathetic survivors.

    Hey folks.. don't let your perceptions be clouded by a few unpleasant little facts like: After over 3 1/2 years we still don't even have control over the road to the Baghdad Airport. Or inconvenient little details like the latest assessment from commanders that Iraq is on the verge of total "chaos" (their words, not mine). Or that the whole bloody country is embroiled in a civil war that our Frat Boy Emperor and his Neo-Con Napoleans failed to anticipate because The Flying Monkey didn't even know there were two internecine religious sects in the country historically at each other's throats.

    This is what Kerry meant by being "un-educated". And regardless of how these deranged murderous Monkey criminals try to desperately spin the comments to obscure the truth and divert people's attention from the real FACTS, FACTS are a stubborn thing and won't be covered up by the cheap Monkey perfume.

    The only way to alter the appalling reality and horror of Iraq is to get rid of these wanton right-wing Monkey criminal psychopaths and make sure they never get anywhere near the reigns of power again.
    Last edited by dchristie; 11-03-2006 at 06:46 PM.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    94

    Re: Lady Mod speaks for the troops; but the troops speak for themselves

    Why the hell are you singling out a Moderator, Lady Mod, for an attack thread??? Isn't it one of the rules here that you DO NOT HARASS the Moderators???? So she is a human being with her own opinion, this is still a free country and she's free to state her case. Learn to accept that others have a right to voice their opinions, as you do yours. Argue with logic, facts and truth like most civilized folks, not slander, lies and pit-bull tactics like your master-mentor Mr. Rove.
    Last edited by qwertyuiop; 11-03-2006 at 06:52 PM.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: Lady Mod speaks for the troops; but the troops speak for themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
    Why the hell are you singling out a Moderator, Lady Mod, for an attack thread??? Isn't it one of the rules here that you DO NOT HARASS the Moderators???? So she is a human being with her own opinion, this is still a free country and she's free to state her case. Learn to accept that others have a right to voice their opinions, as you do yours. Argue with logic, facts and truth like most civilized folks, not slander, lies and pit-bull tactics like your master-mentor Mr. Rove.
    Just so you know, I'm not singling out "a moderator". Her name is Lady Mod. She is part of the debate. When she puts her opinions out there, she can expect a reply. Period. I'm not harassing her.

    If this is harassment, you should see the things dchristie and americanadian has been saying, what everyone has been saying, including herself and you, from people from both sides of the aisle.

    I kind of like the pitbull tactic comment.
    Last edited by Ronald; 11-03-2006 at 07:35 PM.

  14. #13
    TheWorker Guest

    Re: Lady Mod speaks for the troops; but the troops speak for themselves

    yay, US forces have built a school in QRUIWNJOIDF. it was all worth it!!!!!

  15. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,015

    Re: Lady Mod speaks for the troops; but the troops speak for themselves

    You're screwing up by acting like these clips are how all of the soldiers feel and it's not. Ask me how I know, not because the media told me so, but because I know some and they told me so. Fact is some of the soldiers support Bush and the cause and some don't. The sad thing is that some who did support him are changing their opinion. I myself find it sad to see a soldier come back from Iraq who did not beleive in what he was doing. What makes me sadder is that I went to high school with these guys and they'll never be the same, whether they thought it was for a good cause or not. There are always two sides to a story. There is the side you just posted and there is the side that others have been referring to. Maybe a better title for this thread would have been "Hear the troops talk about how they feel about Iraq" instead of the title you used, insuinateing that Lady Mod is lying and doesn't know what she is talking about.

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: Lady Mod speaks for the troops; but the troops speak for themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by Button
    You're screwing up by acting like these clips are how all of the soldiers feel and it's not. Ask me how I know, not because the media told me so, but because I know some and they told me so. Fact is some of the soldiers support Bush and the cause and some don't. The sad thing is that some who did support him are changing their opinion. I myself find it sad to see a soldier come back from Iraq who did not beleive in what he was doing. What makes me sadder is that I went to high school with these guys and they'll never be the same, whether they thought it was for a good cause or not. There are always two sides to a story. There is the side you just posted and there is the side that others have been referring to. Maybe a better title for this thread would have been "Hear the troops talk about how they feel about Iraq" instead of the title you used, insuinateing that Lady Mod is lying and doesn't know what she is talking about.
    There are disgruntled soldiers who believe the propaganda from your side of the issue who do write to people like Michael Moore. But the majority of them do believe in the cause. Proof of this is John Kerry's total fear and inability to go visit the troops in Iraq.

  17. #16
    sojustask's Avatar
    sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: Lady Mod speaks for the troops; but the troops speak for themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by Indie
    So what are you saying any soldier or iraqi or US citizen who sees another side or both perhaps is stupid?

    I think that is usually how it works with a dictator mentality. They are right and everyone else is wrong.

    And they say we don't have to worry about going to jail or being thrown in prisons? These kind of individuals are the ones who would be the first to tell lies to the government to make sure it happened. They are not real Americans who believe in the Bill of Rights or Constitution.

    If anyone is evil, it's those who insist that their side is the only one that's right.

    Lady Mod

Similar Threads

  1. Support our troops????
    By California Surfin in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 08:56 AM
  2. TROOPS SPEAK OUT ON BUSH's IRAQ-NAM FIASCO
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 08:40 PM
  3. Support Our Troops
    By sojustask in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 05:12 AM
  4. You've Lost The Troops, Sir
    By ianmatthews in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2006, 12:59 AM
  5. Still Shortchanging the Troops
    By sojustask in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 02:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
2001, 302, ???, abandoned, account, accusation, action, actions, add, admit, advantages, affairs, age, agendas, ages, ain, airport, allowed, allowing, america, american, anniversary, another, apology, appeared, approved, april, archive, article, assigned, associated press, attempts, attention, attitude, avail, avoid, babies, bad, baghdad, bans, based, basically, bastard, bathroom, beat, beer, big brother, bigger, biggest, bin, bit, blame, blue, body, bomb, bombed, bowl, brand, break, brilliant, bring, bringing, bruce, building, built, bull, bunch, button, buys, called, calls, calm, canadian, capital, care, career, carefully, carry, case, caught, cer, chan, chance, children killed, chris, christian, citizens, clean, clearing, clips, close, closet, club, college, coming, comments, communism, community, complain, completely, compliance, concerns, condi, congressional, conservative, constant, continue, conversation, cop, correct, costly, costs, couldn, countries, country, courage, cover, cowboys, crap, crazy, creates, credibility, creek, criminal, criminals, critical, crowd, cse, cuz, dallas, damn, dan, days, dead, deal, death, debating, decision, demand, dems, department, deserve, destruction, differences, differently, disgusting, disturbing, divert, division, doesn, don, douglas, dow, dozen, due, dying, ear, earning, effective, electio, eme, ends, enemy, enter, environment, equipment, estate, experience, extra, extreme, face, facing, families, fat, father, favoring, female, fight, finding, fix, fla, focus, folks, forces, francis, friday, friends, front, fund, funds, gave, gee, gli, global, gonna, gotta, ground, guys, hand, handed, hands, harvey, hasn, head, health, hearts, held, hell, helms, helping, hey, hidden, hide, hiding, high, home, house, html, huge, huma, human, humanitarian, hurricane, husband, hussein, hypocrite, ial, ian, idiot, ignorant, illness, imagine, impact, important, incident, include, inconvenient, individuals, info, injury, inspector, inter, interest, invade, involuntary, involved, involving, iraq, iraqi, isn, issues, jail, john, joined, joke, joy, justify, katrina, kentucky, killed, kind, lady, large, latest, leaders, league, letters, liberal, liberals, line, lines, lis, lisa, listen, live, living, lol, long, longer, los, loss, loving, lying, mad, mails, making, martial, maryland, master, mea, medical, meet, members, memories, mental, mess, military, million, millions, mind, mining, minister, misinformation, mission, monday, month, moore, moral, moron, move, movie, nam, named, nasty, nation, national, nature, needed, neo, network, newspaper, nixon, noble, numbers, october, office, officials, onli, operations, opportunity, opposite, order, org, organization, organizations, overthrow, part, partner, paul, pedophiles, pen, pentagon, people, performance, person, personal, pictures, piece, pissed, play, pleasant, policies, policy, politician, poor, pop, popular, pos, position, post, posted, posting, posts, potus, power, presiden, pretending, prez, price, prime, probability, problem, progress, promised, protect, protected, protection, proud, proves, public, public opinion, pull, punch, punished, pursuit, qualified, quality, question, questions, quick, quit, quotes, raise, raising, ran, raped, rare, rated, rea, reaction, real, reality, reason, reasonable, reasons, red, refused, regular, released, religious, removed, renewed, reporters, research, respect, response, responsible, ress, results, riches, rio, risk, rove, row, rush, sad, safe, sam, sca, scale, scan, school, search, secretary, secure, sen, senate, september, september 27, serve, served, service, severe, sex, shared, shooting, shouldn, shows, shut, sign, signing, simply, skin, slaughter, small, small business, sniper, son, sons, soo, sounds, sources, specifically, spent, spokesman, staged, star, start, starting, state department, states, statistic, stop, story, strategy, stream, street, stupid, submit, subs, successful, sun, super, super bowl, support, supporting, supports, survey, swift, systems, table, tactic, taken, takes, talk, talking, taxes, team, terrorist, thought, thread, thursday, ticket, times, title, tme, told, tonight, tools, tor, total, totally, tough, towers, tradition, transparent, trusted, turd, turkey, twin, twist, types, u.s. army, u.s. government, ultimate, uncle, unfolding, unit, united, united states, upset, urged, urgent, url, usa, veteran, veterans, view, vince, violence, violent, virginia, waiting, wanted, war, warfare, wars, watched, ways, weak, win, winning, woma, women, won, wore, worked, working, worth, wow, writes, writing, yay, year, years, yesterday, york, youtube

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •