+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quixtar

Quixtar

Ok my girlfriend just met with a lady that told her to join Quixtar. Now she is 16 and she and her mom get sucked into the get rich quick thing very easily. She said that it's only $50 to join (right there I thought scam). Anyway can anyone tell me about their experience with Quixtar or know any information good or bad. The info I have found so far points me in the direction of it being quite sketchy. I say no but what do you think? Thanks everyone and if I posted anything I shouldn't then tell me, this is my first post here. Actually I just joined like 5 mins ago.

Re: Quixtar

Quote Originally Posted by munkler_1988
    Ok my girlfriend just met with a lady that told her to join Quixtar. Now she is 16 and she and her mom get sucked into the get rich quick thing very easily. She said that it's only $50 to join (right there I thought scam). Anyway can anyone tell me about their experience with Quixtar or know any information good or bad. The info I have found so far points me in the direction of it being quite sketchy. I say no but what do you think? Thanks everyone and if I posted anything I shouldn't then tell me, this is my first post here. Actually I just joined like 5 mins ago.

do a google search on "Merchants of Deception" and then download the free e-book and read it. If that does not scare the bejeezus outta ya...

Your girlfriend and her mom are not just falling for a get-poor-fairly-quickly scheme, they are joining a cult.

Forget about the woman who's trying to sucker you in, and run! Quixtar is another RECRUIT RECRUIT worthless cult!

alright thanks I searched like crazy last night. I actually found that merchants of deception it's great. I am telling her not to do it so I guess it's up to her now. Well thanks guys for the info.

Here is the dateline report.. hopefully she will pay attention to what they found:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4375477/

wow thanks for that. That's a good find. I don't think she's doing it I just talked to her.

businessmail.gina is offline IsThereAnythingLegitAnymo re - InfoCanEmpowerUs

This is from my own experience.....
    QUIXTAR (that is what name changed to when I was involved and the world of Internet started for all members) is the (what I call) THE NEW AMWAY ..... Amway is a huge company - you can google search 'Quixtar was Amway'; 'Quixtar Amway' - I was in Amway years ago and that is how and why I know the name Quixtar. I was involved with Amway
    ( mid - 80's) and when we MEMBERS took our business online we logged in through Quixtar but I FAILED TO MOVE UP, no ones' fault but my own but life changes took me away from it. If I would have stayed with them and moved along with the tech age of Amway it would have been alot easier to build my business and to have a DOWNLINE as they called it in the MLM language and probably today I would have a residual income and a special LEVEL I would be at as well (Levels give you higher % to your residual income). My UPLINE was there for me but it was me that failed me. My life went through some drastic changes and I could not keep up with building my business at the time and I could not keep my money into it with renewal fees yearly and the other things I had to do to stay in Amway. It takes work, time and etc. - you don't get something for nothing but DO ALL YOUR HOMEWORK before you join. Be sure that it is something for you. You can join to save on buying products for yourself BUT REALLY, sad to say WalMart/K-Mart or even store brands are usually cheaper - and yes, I know that the places where I purchase items for less do not pay me a % back check each month, nor do they give me 'points' for any savings BUT unless you have a huge DOWNLINE you won't make that much money nor do you save that much money. IF YOU BUILD THE DOWNLINE AND DO THE WORK YOU CAN MAKE ALOT OF MONEY - you could have a great 'residual income'. A downline can become your friends for a life-time; you become part of the Motto of PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE but not all that get involved UP or DOWN are able to have the great residual income. Amway has been around for a long, long time and they do their homework to stay in the game. They have great products and services. They provide alot of things to members - just be sure YOU AND QUIXTAR ARE A MATCH - you don't have to get in it the day someone calls or invites you to it - don't fall for that line. The downline I had got put under someone else and who knows 'Maybe today someone that was in my downline could be a millionaire today' - I do truly know that someone in my upline was a farmer and today him and his wife have a very high 6 digit income and it just keeps getting bigger BUT THERE LIFE IS THE BUSINESS 100% - the work does not stop just because they are making a great income. Do your homework. With the age of internet/google and 'ask.com' AND what ever seach places you use DO HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU EVER SPEND 'YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY' TO JOIN ANYTHING. :)
    Last edited by businessmail.gina; 11-04-2006 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Forgot something and saw TYPO

Quote Originally Posted by businessmail.gina
    This is from my own experience.....
    QUIXTAR (that is what name changed to when I was involved and the world of Internet started for all members) is the (what I call) THE NEW AMWAY ..... Amway is a huge company - you can google search 'Quixtar was Amway'; 'Quixtar Amway' - I was in Amway years ago and that is how and why I know the name Quixtar. I was involved with Amway
    ( mid - 80's) and when we MEMBERS took our business online we logged in through Quixtar but I FAILED TO MOVE UP, no ones' fault but my own but life changes took me away from it. If I would have stayed with them and moved along with the tech age of Amway it would have been alot easier to build my business and to have a DOWNLINE as they called it in the MLM language and probably today I would have a residual income and a special LEVEL I would be at as well (Levels give you higher % to your residual income). My UPLINE was there for me but it was me that failed me. My life went through some drastic changes and I could not keep up with building my business at the time and I could not keep my money into it with renewal fees yearly and the other things I had to do to stay in Amway. It takes work, time and etc. - you don't get something for nothing but DO ALL YOUR HOMEWORK before you join. Be sure that it is something for you. You can join to save on buying products for yourself BUT REALLY, sad to say WalMart/K-Mart or even store brands are usually cheaper - and yes, I know that the places where I purchase items for less do not pay me a % back check each month, nor do they give me 'points' for any savings BUT unless you have a huge DOWNLINE you won't make that much money nor do you save that much money. IF YOU BUILD THE DOWNLINE AND DO THE WORK YOU CAN MAKE ALOT OF MONEY - you could have a great 'residual income'. A downline can become your friends for a life-time; you become part of the Motto of PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE but not all that get involved UP or DOWN are able to have the great residual income. Amway has been around for a long, long time and they do their homework to stay in the game. They have great products and services. They provide alot of things to members - just be sure YOU AND QUIXTAR ARE A MATCH - you don't have to get in it the day someone calls or invites you to it - don't fall for that line. The downline I had got put under someone else and who knows 'Maybe today someone that was in my downline could be a millionaire today' - I do truly know that someone in my upline was a farmer and today him and his wife have a very high 6 digit income and it just keeps getting bigger BUT THERE LIFE IS THE BUSINESS 100% - the work does not stop just because they are making a great income. Do your homework. With the age of internet/google and 'ask.com' AND what ever seach places you use DO HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU EVER SPEND 'YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY' TO JOIN ANYTHING. :)
    Yes I have done homework and I don't think it would be right. I mean for all I know it could be great but from what I have looked into it doesn't seem like a 100% scam but it does seem like a dishonest way of making money. I mean the big wigs of the company are dishonestly making money not you. Also, I don't get why you need them to make money, why can't you start your own business and stand out from everyone else and just get a wholesale license. I guess I just can't see it, like you said you still have to know what you are doing to even somewhat make it in quixtar but it seems so limited. I mean you recruit people but you still don't make that much money. The ones making money are the ones that started it and they aren't selling lotions and drinks. They are selling kits, videos, seminars, and books to a lot of people. I read an article someone else posted and it said one woman lost $35k going to meetings and buying books which proves what I just said. Another thing is that everyone I've seen with quixtar swears they are their own business and quixtar is just a name, well then why is it that all of the sites look the same and all of the products are the same, and quixtar is all over the terms of service. Well I'm going to stop now so good luck to all in the home networking business but leave me out, I'll just keep on track and start my OWN business.

Oh and I didn't mean to sound like I was flaming the person above me I get what you are saying and I like that you don't fully praise the company but tell me what's going on.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Yes I have done homework and I don't think it would be right. I mean for all I know it could be great but from what I have looked into it doesn't seem like a 100% scam but it does seem like a dishonest way of making money. I mean the big wigs of the company are dishonestly making money not you.
    How do you figure? Are the owners of Ebay making money dishonestly? Are the owners of Amazon dishonestly making money? Did you even check the merchants who sell through Quixtar? Geez, what happened to due diligence?

Also, I don't get why you need them to make money, why can't you start your own business and stand out from everyone else and just get a wholesale license. I guess I just can't see it, like you said you still have to know what you are doing to even somewhat make it in quixtar but it seems so limited. I mean you recruit people but you still don't make that much money. The ones making money are the ones that started it and they aren't selling lotions and drinks.
    Go for it. Maybe you'll be one of the very few lucky ones.

They are selling kits, videos, seminars, and books to a lot of people. I read an article someone else posted and it said one woman lost $35k going to meetings and buying books which proves what I just said. Another thing is that everyone I've seen with quixtar swears they are their own business and quixtar is just a name, well then why is it that all of the sites look the same and all of the products are the same, and quixtar is all over the terms of service. Well I'm going to stop now so good luck to all in the home networking business but leave me out, I'll just keep on track and start my OWN business.
    None of which one is obligated to buy. It's in the contract. No obligation to purchase any books, tapes, seminars, kits. You do understand what no obligation means right? And have you ever heard of replicated sites? Apparently not. Every affiliate has a replicated site, it's up to them how they promote it and make sales. That is what makes them independent.

Good luck to you, I hope you research your own business better than you did this particular opportunity.

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 11-05-2006 at 05:54 AM.

Good grief, people crack me up. "Read this terrible report on how bad something is!" You could find the same report about Jesus Christ, you local mayor, any company that is a Fortune 500 company. Get a brain. Here's a quote from another post, sorry to repeat, but remember, it's so EASY to be a critic. It doesn't require any character, or data even, to back it up. Look at the elections. Who do you believe? Go do your OWN research from legitimate sources (i.e. not even this newsgroup) such as business research companies like one stated below.
    Use the power of the Internet to multiply your effort and reduce overhead. Find a company on the list that offers distributorships
    http://www.internetretailer.com/top500/list.asp
    No.1 in Health and Wellness is Quixtar.com Type in Quixtar in the search bar on the home page www.internetretailer.com and see what they have to say. Compare that data to what you've heard or read on the web. Ya you can google lots of garbage and opinion about it, but hey it's the Internet - No IQ or character required to participate. Type in I Hate Mother Teresa and you'll get a few hits too.
    Facts http://www.quixtarnewsroom.com/quixtar_06ranking.html
    I could bury anyone with high caliber data on this. I've made a lot of ongoing income and helped others too. The best association I've every known and I've been in Fortune 500 companies since the day I graduated with a Bachelors in Finance.
    http://www.quixtarnewsroom.com/quixtar_06ranking.html
    Good advice given: Get a stable income - job income - as a foundation before creating another business. Products are important, but mentors are the key. People make the product, not the other way around. Look at the George Forman grill. Look at great products that never went anywhere. Look at average and just plain stupid products that made millions. It's the people and organizations behind them that did it.

Good luck to you, I hope you research your own business better than you did this particular opportunity.

Don't worry I will and I'll make more money than you can ever think of from that worthless scamstar. Also ebay doesn't say you'll become rich if you join and follow their instructions, and don't tell me that they don't flaunt how wealthy they've become through quixtar. Even if they say it's not a get rich quick scheme, the owners still walk around and say oh yeah I've made 938247 million dollars within only 1 year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and people say hey i can do that if i join, but you know what........you can't and I'm not saying it's easy or even likely to make that much by yourself but you CAN become successful by yourself and that's different from rich. You're right you don't HAVE to buy the books and other stuff but IF YOU WANT TO BECOME WEALTHY LIKE THE OWNERS you'll buy their crap putting millions in their pocket and it might make you say 1 maybe 200 dollars in a month. Then you figure that out and books and stuff costs you like $200 and all of your other expenses and guess what you are losing money. Do they care? No, they have your money in their pockets and that's all they care about. Oh and they are being dishonest because at their seminars they don't say well we are really making money from selling you our books and videos and we havent' really made our billions by selling energy drinks. I hate to say it but that's dishonest, and I don't really want dishonest mentors. Yes, quixtar is huge and number 1 in everything but is that because of you selling their stuff? I would say no. Well I'm done arguing and hopefully quixtar will start losing more suckers oh I mean sales associates. Here's an inspirational fact from your friend Dick DeVos:

"Dick DeVos, once described Amway as the "best business opportunity in the world, even as the average Amway distributor grossed very little-- just $115 per month, according to Amway's own promotional material."

Don't worry I will and I'll make more money than you can ever think of from that worthless scamstar. Also ebay doesn't say you'll become rich if you join and follow their instructions, and don't tell me that they don't flaunt how wealthy they've become through quixtar.
    Quixtar hasn't told anyone they will become rich either. If you met someone who has promised that then they are breaking the law. Son, you are flaunting how rich your are going to become and you haven't taken the first step yet, why would you begrudge someone who has already gotten rich from flaunting it?

Even if they say it's not a get rich quick scheme, the owners still walk around and say oh yeah I've made 938247 million dollars within only 1 year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who have you been listening to? The percentage of anyone getting rich in one year are extremely slim, they are the exception. Nowhere in the Quixtar literature or mentoring has it ever been promoted that you can do that. What is said is that if you will WORK your business (use your products, sell products and share with those who might have an interest in the business) you can make about $60,000 a year in 2-5 years. That is very reasonable.

and people say hey i can do that if i join, but you know what........you can't and I'm not saying it's easy or even likely to make that much by yourself but you CAN become successful by yourself and that's different from rich. You're right you don't HAVE to buy the books and other stuff but IF YOU WANT TO BECOME WEALTHY LIKE THE OWNERS you'll buy their crap putting millions in their pocket and it might make you say 1 maybe 200 dollars in a month. Then you figure that out and books and stuff costs you like $200 and all of your other expenses and guess what you are losing money. Do they care? No, they have your money in their pockets and that's all they care about. Oh and they are being dishonest because at their seminars they don't say well we are really making money from selling you our books and videos and we havent' really made our billions by selling energy drinks.
    Do you often listen to people who failed in their own business? Do you often take the word of those who are incapable of thinking for themselves?

There isn't a lot of money to be made from selling you books, discs and seminars. Books are purchased through Barnes and Noble, so Barnes and Noble makes the money. Discs as I said are optional. There are 4 seminars a year, and they too are optional. These things may be recommended but not mandatory. And if you are spending $200 on books, seminars and discs, and you haven't learned anything that makes your business profitable it boils down to only one thing that is wrong; you aren't working your business. LOL.

I hate to say it but that's dishonest, and I don't really want dishonest mentors. Yes, quixtar is huge and number 1 in everything but is that because of you selling their stuff? I would say no. Well I'm done arguing and hopefully quixtar will start losing more suckers oh I mean sales associates. Here's an inspirational fact from your friend Dick DeVos:

"Dick DeVos, once described Amway as the "best business opportunity in the world, even as the average Amway distributor grossed very little-- just $115 per month, according to Amway's own promotional material."
    Average Amway distributors, average anyone in any kind of business are people looking for easy money. Ergo, average distributors will not make much. Most quit because they didn't realize it wasn't going to be easy money in the first few months. Money doesn't come easy in your own business, you have to work harder at it than you would at a J.O.B. And for someone who saw one television clip and read one online e-book I find it amazing that you are so quick to wish ill on those with more imagination than what you have. LOL, sorry bud, but on attitude alone, I don't see you making much of anything of yourself, in business or otherwise.

In my first month, not recruiting and making just one outside sale (a client, not a recruit) other than my own purchases and purchasing just products that I use daily, our business broke even. If my husband hadn't suffered a second stroke a week after investing in the business, and spent time in the hospital and now at rehab, we probably would have made profit. However, I didn't get into this with the mentality that I was going to walk away rich or quit my job after a year either. Patience is a virtue and as long as the business is self funding, it can take the entire 5 years. The business isn't going anywhere and I'm not in a huge rush. My husband still has rehab to complete.

One advantage of moderating the last 2 years is that I've seen a lot of things talked about here. Had the advantage of checking a lot of programs out from both sides. Quixtar was a good investment, affiliate marketing is profitable, that's what Quixtar is.

But if you get hung up on what Amway's past was or that there are seminars and support materials available to use, then no matter what the company is, you are not cut out for this kind of business. Go open a hamburger stand somewhere or try to invest in a franchise and become married to it. You'll work a lot longer and just as hard if not harder but by golly, you won't have to purchase seminars, books or "tapes". A good thing too, because you won't be able to afford them. LOL

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 11-05-2006 at 09:58 PM.

By the way, Warren Buffet owns The Pampered Chef, a company with a business and comp plan similar to Quixtar. So Munkler, do you know something that one of the richest men in the world, Warren Buffet doesn't? Maybe you ought to contact him.

Lady Mod

Nevermind I don't have time for this. Either way I don't think it's right for me and I got my g/f out of it so I'm out and it doesn't matter anymore. Bye

Nevermind I don't have time for this. Either way I don't think it's right for me and I got my g/f out of it so I'm out and it doesn't matter anymore. Bye

Interesting, I could have sworn it was your girlfriend wanting to do the business, not you.

Ok my girlfriend just met with a lady that told her to join Quixtar. Now she is 16 and she and her mom get sucked into the get rich quick thing very easily. She said that it's only $50 to join (right there I thought scam).
    By the way, report the rep, the business is more than $50 initial investment. Under $200 but more than $50.

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 11-06-2006 at 04:29 PM.